Texas -10.5 over Maryland

bschoolprof

Guest Lobo

Thank y'all for letting me know that many members of the current team didn't play between 2010-2016.  Good to know.  

My point was we're 5-11 on neutral fields from 2010-2017 (.313 is pretty fucking awfuL0.  That's markedly worse than our home schedule and our away schedule.  

Maryland is a neutral site game this year, so I am just hoping we reverse the trend and have a kickass trip in the meantime.  

Edited by Lobo

2 hours ago, Vertigo said:

Someone spiked your koolaid with some weird shit man.

2 hours ago, Pig Bellmont said:

Herb Hand joined the staff, so not entirely the same group of fuckheads. But please, continue. It sounds like next you were going to run your car in a closed garage, but then predicted 9+ wins. I’m intrigued 

Meh. I'm capable of being excited about certain aspects of the program without viewing the offensive staff as anything but what it is - a trio of dickfaced stumblefucks and some otherwise competent guys who are moored to them and their mediocrity, much like us as fans. 

1 hour ago, Lobo said:

Thank y'all for letting me know that many members of the current team didn't play between 2010-2016.  Good to know.  

My point was we're 5-11 on neutral fields from 2010-2017 (.313 is pretty fucking awfuL0.  That's markedly worse than our home schedule and our away schedule.  

Maryland is a neutral site game this year, so I am just hoping we reverse the trend and have a kickass trip in the meantime.  

What is our record against OU during this timeframe? Texas is 2-6 against OU during this timeframe. Remove this and the 5-11 goes to 3-5. The other points people made are relevant and you're grasping at straws on this one. We've sucked on neutral fields because we've sucked generally. Add to that the fact that we play a normally highly rated rival who enjoys publicly buttfucking us on a neutral field and you've got less of a reason to have high anxiety about playing the mighty turtles on a neutral site.

Guest Lobo

I wouldn't call it anxiety, was just finding an even shittier stat hidden among many macro shitty stats.  I think the site makes for a lot of positives.  I don't think we can take recruits since we're still technically still a visiting team but I'm sure playing in an NFL stadium where 2 Longhorns play every Sunday was probably throw out to recruits last year.  Texas should probably make up about 40% of the fanbase in the stands.  Weather should be balmy that time of year, so probably favors us although Maryland is obviously used to it.  Obviously going to be a great road trip for us heading back to Washington.  I'm all for it, just hoping we can reverse one of many crappy trends in our "lost decade" as the Japanese offensive coordinators would say.