RIP Bowl Games Catchall Thread

GreenspointTexas

its the fucking contact tracing thats killing these teams.  Vaxxed or not, 

but yeah.... its amazing how this trend only seems to be happening to teams who had a significant number of transfers, opt outs, coaching changes.... and way down on the list, actual injuries. 

what i dont understand is with so many bowls having 1 team ready to go, why the two orphan teams dont call each other and play in one of the 2 bowl games and delay it a day or 2 to allow for travel of one team. 

Edited by AUS-97HORN
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, AUS-97HORN said:

but yeah.... its amazing how this trend only seems to be happening to teams who had a significant number of transfers, opt outs, coaching changes.... and way down on the list, actual injuries. 

what i dont understand is with so many bowls having 1 team ready to go, why the two orphan teams dont call each other and play in one of the 2 bowl games and delay it a day or 2 to allow for travel of one team. 

It’s happening in the NFL too though. I doubt the Saints were being lax in the middle of a possible playoff berth but they had 20 players out last night. 

1 minute ago, 4th&Five said:

It’s happening in the NFL too though. I doubt the Saints were being lax in the middle of a possible playoff berth but they had 20 players out last night. 

difference is the Saints played.  

yeah they kind of have to play because of the game check forfeit, but being a professional means you play. 

I guarantee if covid runs rampant through Michigan tomorrow, they will still play with whoever they can. 

13 minutes ago, AUS-97HORN said:

This.  It’s not about covid.  It’s about teams using it as an excuse to get out of playing.

Aggy had a bunch of covid players but Houston didn’t?  M’kay.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Aqua Buddha said:

This.  It’s not about covid.  It’s about teams using it as an excuse to get out of playing.

Aggy had a bunch of covid players but Houston didn’t?  M’kay.

Coaches and ADs can still say they made a bowl, often getting salary bonuses. That said, I believe UCLA and others who bail last minute...they test day of game and have to abide by the protocols. And for people saying they should bring another team in, who pays for that and who's to say the new team won't have cases upon arrival?

2 hours ago, WBT said:

1 in 10.  Same root as decimal.

Wouldn't the 1 in 10 definition apply only if Caesar ordered the Defensive line to draw lots to be executed? It's been decades since I took Latin but I believe the 1 in 10 definition no longer applies.

1 minute ago, F250 said:

Wouldn't the 1 in 10 definition apply only if Caesar ordered the Defensive line to draw lots to be executed? It's been decades since I took Latin but I believe the 1 in 10 definition no longer applies.

Well, yeah, it's not used that way anymore.  I thought you were asking about the origin.

Just now, WBT said:

Well, yeah, it's not used that way anymore.  I thought you were asking about the origin.

Nah, I took three years of Latin plus Latin Word Power for the SAT, I am familiar with the origin.

lol looking back on that effort my GPA and SAT score would only get me into Texas Tech and aggy these days.

Gen X sliding into UT before admissions became insane.

the-maze-runner-scorch-trials-dylan-obri

• Hook 'Em 2

10 hours ago, F250 said:

lol looking back on that effort my GPA and SAT score would only get me into Texas Tech and aggy these days.

Gen X sliding into UT before admissions became insane.

the-maze-runner-scorch-trials-dylan-obri

I try explaining that pre hopwood admissions policy to the UT grads in their late 20s/ early 30s and they think I am fucking with them.

I am like, no seriously, to just get into UT in a non-competitive school there was a fucking chart.      X score on your SAT or ACT meant you had to be Y level in class rank and you got admitted. 

and it wasnt that fucking tough at all. 

I was top 30% in my HS senior class (lol, not bragging... I sucked in school) and only got an old school 1120 on the SAT my junior year and I still got the auto acceptance letter on Oct 8th my senior year. 

• Hook 'Em 1

10 hours ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Came here to ask about bowl payout allocation- and even bowl revenue intake from sponsors and advertisers and whatnot- for the bowls that don’t happen.  That stuff been worked out yet?

I hope this kills a bunch of bowls.  No more 6-6 or possible 5-7 teams.

7-5 or GTFO.  

3 minutes ago, otisdog said:

So the NC State coach has declared that his team won the Holiday Bowl for their 10th win because UCLA forfeited, contrary to the NCAA's & ACC's thoughts on this. Turns out he gets a $150K bonus for a 10 win season.

If the school likes the coach, they'll probably pay him, or settle on maybe half. If they don't care for him, they'll tell him to fuck off.

8 minutes ago, otisdog said:

So the NC State coach has declared that his team won the Holiday Bowl for their 10th win because UCLA forfeited, contrary to the NCAA's & ACC's thoughts on this. Turns out he gets a $150K bonus for a 10 win season.

I’m giving Wake Forest the W for their game against aggy

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, otisdog said:

Hell yeah, why not. 

Obligatory… 

9019657E-B591-45E7-B726-BBC3CD223DA8.jpeg.d9bf61f13556ab896d8b59fae61080e3.jpeg

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Drool 2

It should count otherwise there are no repercussions for turning tail and running.

If forfeits don’t count, aggy has just figured out how they’ll win the SEC. They’ll forfeit every conference game and go undefeated.
  • Haha 1