Official 2022 New Years resolution thread

closetohumping

Definitely drop a lot more weight this year. 

Try to visit more places I haven't been able to. 

Those are two reasonable resolutions. However, I'm going nowhere near a gym for the first two weeks of the year due to all the resolution people trying to work out religiously be fore calling it quits. I'll do body lifting and jog around the neighborhood. I used to have a long list of New Year's resolutions, but as I've gotten older it's like, "eh, who am I kidding?"

• Hook 'Em 2

Ok... Here's mine:

Go back off of sugar (did that from 2017 until 2020, and gotta recalibrate instead of self medicating with sweets) 

Intentional efforts to be mindful- gratitude journal, morning meditation, etc. 

Related: Planned time away from work. Both vacations (physical time to relax) and structured "no phone, no email, y'all handle your own problems" time during the week. 

(Given the impending shit show at my job this coming year, it might be easier for me to just resolve to cut my own arms off though). 

Review my financial plan and make updates as needed (investments and life insurance and other things for the future... Or as an exit strategy if I end up walking away from my job) 

Talk to my best friend (across the country) weekly and my family more regularly (typically once every three months or so... Gotta do better as they age) 

• Hook 'Em 2

1. Drop 15 lbs

2. Give my liver a breather until at least April 1

3. Spend less time working so that I can re-engage with some long lost hobbies. I am fortunate to be in a place where I love my job, but I have found that I am having difficulty feeling content while not working, and shutting it off is becoming harder and harder. 

• Hook 'Em 3

3 hours ago, Shady Ray said:

1. Drop 15 lbs

2. Give my liver a breather until at least April 1

3. Spend less time working so that I can re-engage with some long lost hobbies. I am fortunate to be in a place where I love my job, but I have found that I am having difficulty feeling content while not working, and shutting it off is becoming harder and harder. 

I'm using St. Patrick's day as my finish line.  It's going to be tough.

• Hook 'Em 1

I vow for the first 3 months:

No chips of any kind especially Sprouts deliciously salty tortilla chips.

Fried foods no more than once a week.

Red meat no more than once a week (if I can choose).

Alcohol no more than 2 per week.

Get on my rowing machine at least 3 times per week  

Get at least 6.5 hours of sleep everyday.

Have more sex - either with the wife or with my hand. But preferably with the wife.

The last one will be more out of my control, but  I think the rest can be considered SMART goals. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Currently at 207 and need to get down to 195. Giving up booze for awhile to try and speed up the weight loss while getting at least 3 workouts a week. 

There's two items left on the house reno I've been dragging my feet on mainly due to the new baby. One is building the door jambs and installing the handle hardware for the pocket doors we installed. The other is refinishing the original terrazzo on the entry landing. 

Also, as 52-80 mentioned, be a spectacular father 

On 1/1/2022 at 1:26 PM, TankedBevo said:

Well then let's meet in the weight loss thread and make some progress 🤝

Actually I dropped 45 lbs and am down to 209. At my age weight loss isn't necessarily a good thing.

31 minutes ago, Moby Ric said:

Same here, started Monday.  Turns out without alcohol I don't sleep for shit. I am still on point at the gym, but this no drinking thing kinda sucks.

I'm ok for now.  No cravings honestly.  Sleep about the same.  I will probably have a drink or 5 this weekend.  Idk.

4 hours ago, closetohumping said:

Cross posting:

Me on Zoom meeting - guys I've been dry all of January

Jerk co-worker -it's the 7th man, I didn't eat a bagel this morning,should I be celebrated?

Man fuck that guy.  

This dry thing isn't all that great.  I can't sleep, I am bored, sex drive is stalling, and I am not as loose and pleasant as I usually am.  Why am I doing this again?

Oh, and I leave for Vegas on Tuesday, FML.

• Hook 'Em 1

After going snowboarding with my boy on New Year's Eve, I realized how out of shape I had gotten, at least when it came to those muscle groups.  I have been walking up the 15 flights of stairs every day in our building.  Much more ass kicking than I would have thought.  Can definitely feel it in my legs.

Still alcohol free after the weekend.  Discovered melatonin and I am actually sleeping now.  So I thin I have turned a corner.

After some consultation with some experts it appears that dry January does not exist in Vegas, or in the United club or in seat 2A to and from.  I leave tomorrow morning.  God help us all.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...