Lawn Sprinkler Controllers

My Hunter control panel has completely crapped out after 13 years of a lot of use.   It was a pretty basic panel and did it's job and It didn't have the little rain detector thing either.   So I don't mind spending a little more for the weather detector features, App access, etc.  with a new one.  Figured I should do this now before the spring and summer watering season starts.

Anyone have any compliments or complaints  with their experience with  The Rachio or any of the other Smart systems on the market?

https://rachio.com/

My Hunter control panel has completely crapped out after 13 years of a lot of use.   It was a pretty basic panel and did it's job and It didn't have the little rain detector thing either.   So I don't mind spending a little more for the weather detector features, App access, etc.  with a new one.  Figured I should do this now before the spring and summer watering season starts.
Anyone have any compliments or complaints  with their experience with  The Rachio or any of the other Smart systems on the market?
https://rachio.com/
A couple months ago, I replaced my 15 year old hunter with a new Hunter Pro-HC. Use an app on my phone to program, manually run stations, etc. There are settings that allow program to pause with a certain amount of rain in the last 24 hours and last 3-days. You can also install a weather station.

Installation was pretty straight forward, just make sure to label all of the wires so you can get your stations back up correctly. Didn't see any reason to switch from Hunter.
  • Hook 'Em 2

Team Rachio.  Put in the 16 zone unit last summer. Replaced a 20 year old or so Rainbird unit that had no wires marked or documentation; it took about an hour start to finish, then about another 30 minutes customizing the app (pics/names and descriptions of zones, etc).
Recommended.

16 zones. Got damn that is a bitchin’ humblebrag.