Time to visit Waco

skipperj

1 hour ago, Trey3216 said:

If you'd like.   Just tell him Trey sent ya!  lol   

He'll know who it was.  

Right. I know I've seen/heard your last name but didn't commit it to memory. Thanks man, I'll be getting in tough with them this week. Do I want to talk to B or D? :) 

4 hours ago, El Diablo said:

Right. I know I've seen/heard your last name but didn't commit it to memory. Thanks man, I'll be getting in tough with them this week. Do I want to talk to B or D? :) 

Ask for Jayson.   He’s the D.  

Edited by Trey3216

23 hours ago, Trey3216 said:

If you'd like.   Just tell him Trey sent ya!  lol   

He'll know who it was.  

21 hours ago, Post Oak said:

You probably want the D

1590361065753.jpg

Congratulations on your new fence

Edited by Blotto
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

• 2 weeks later...
33 minutes ago, El Diablo said:

Drink beer, save turtles. Friday at 5:30 at Cameron Park Zoo. Open to the public. Brotherwell Brewing. Alcohol and wild animals. Zoo critters too. 

I almost always go to these events.  I love our little zoo, and it's even more fun when a few cold ones are involved.  

• Hook 'Em 1

32 minutes ago, Trey3216 said:

I almost always go to these events.  I love our little zoo, and it's even more fun when a few cold ones are involved.  

Yeah, I'm not a drinker these days but have an annual pass to the zoo. Best on a weekday when it's just the MILFs pushing strollers. 

From a KWTX news story - 

"LACY LAKEVIEW, Texas (KWTX) - Lacy Lakeview’s police chief is warning parents about THC-laced candies after responding to reports about children consuming the edibles.

“It’s a drug, laced with marijuana,” said Lacy Lakeview police Chief John Truehitt.

“And the side effects can be very alarming.”

Good police work there, Lou. 

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hit up Wako Taco this weekend for breakfast tacos.  Pretty good.  Not great but if your in the area of 17th it was worth it.  You can definitely do worse in Waco.

Chips and salsa were good.  I haven't tried their other options but will probably hit up their dinner menu this weekend.

• Like 1

Went there the last time I was in town. The Birria tacos and the Wako Taco were exceptional, the sauce that came with the birria should be offered with everything. Really good. The other tacos I tried were good enough, but those two stood out. They let me order a single birrria too, they are only listed as a plate of 3 on the menu.

• Hook 'Em 1

8 minutes ago, AnotherUTFan said:

Went there the last time I was in town. The Birria tacos and the Wako Taco were exceptional, the sauce that came with the birria should be offered with everything. Really good. The other tacos I tried were good enough, but those two stood out. They let me order a single birrria too, they are only listed as a plate of 3 on the menu.

those Birria tacos are God's work.  

• 4 weeks later...
On 8/12/2021 at 12:34 PM, Post Oak said:

Hit up Wako Taco this weekend for breakfast tacos.  Pretty good.  Not great but if your in the area of 17th it was worth it.  You can definitely do worse in Waco.

Chips and salsa were good.  I haven't tried their other options but will probably hit up their dinner menu this weekend.

My cousin and I were needing something to eat and we both live in the area so we agreed on giving this place a try and I trusted him to get the food. He showed up at my house with some ground beef tacos. I'll have to give it a real try.

For any Texas Exes in town - Waco Chapter Annual Banquet, honoring Derrick Johnson is this coming Thursday Sept. 9th from 6-9pm at the Texas Sports Hall of Fame on University Parks Dr. 

25 minutes ago, El Diablo said:

Pignetti's Italian restaurant (currently in Temple) is opening a Waco location sometime next spring/early summer.

https://wacotrib.com/business/local/pignettis-italian-to-open-in-former-phoenix-ballroom-in-downtown-waco/article_88d211c6-fad5-11eb-859e-a796cf26f5e0.html

That’s a big damn space to occupy 

• 3 months later...

Is it just me or have the rocket engine tests become more frequent? At first they were exciting, "ooh! We've got rockets!". Then, it became charming - visitor "What's THAT?!?", (smugly) "Oh, that's just our rockets. You don't have rockets?". Now it's becoming annoying. Elon, get your ass to Mars already.

In other news Waco/Baylor finally agreed to terms on a shared venue for basketball and concerts. They're calling it a "pavilion" and it'll be on the river adjacent to where Clifton Robinson Tower is now.

https://wacotrib.com/news/local/govt-and-politics/waco-baylor-partner-on-185-million-basketball-concert-venue-in-downtown/article_21fa9f72-5f7f-11ec-a768-233a808608c3.html#tracking-source=home-breaking

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, El Diablo said:

Is it just me or have the rocket engine tests become more frequent? At first they were exciting, "ooh! We've got rockets!". Then, it became charming - visitor "What's THAT?!?", (smugly) "Oh, that's just our rockets. You don't have rockets?". Now it's becoming annoying. Elon, get your ass to Mars already.

In other news Waco/Baylor finally agreed to terms on a shared venue for basketball and concerts. They're calling it a "pavilion" and it'll be on the river adjacent to where Clifton Robinson Tower is now.

https://wacotrib.com/news/local/govt-and-politics/waco-baylor-partner-on-185-million-basketball-concert-venue-in-downtown/article_21fa9f72-5f7f-11ec-a768-233a808608c3.html#tracking-source=home-breaking

I think they are becoming more frequent.  Isn't there talk about SpaceX expanding?

22 hours ago, Post Oak said:

I think they are becoming more frequent.  Isn't there talk about SpaceX expanding?

SpaceX is expanding.  Another 1000 jobs coming to town over the next 2 years.  The rocket tests are increasing in frequency and duration.  The tests are often lasting 3-4 minutes, or 90 seconds longer than most of y’all last with South Austin’s mom.  They are also larger engines, so the thrust is mightier

On 12/19/2021 at 7:34 PM, Trey3216 said:

SpaceX is expanding.  Another 1000 jobs coming to town over the next 2 years.  The rocket tests are increasing in frequency and duration.  The tests are often lasting 3-4 minutes, or 90 seconds longer than most of y’all last with South Austin’s mom.  They are also larger engines, so the thrust is mightier

I was at a social function with an MCC big wig who lives out that way and he said they had built a park based on the petty fines they had accumulated on SpaceX testing outside of testing hours. He said the city was really happy with it and to SpaceX is was easily within their accounting error range. Everyone wins.

7 minutes ago, SimonBolivar said:

I was at a social function with an MCC big wig who lives out that way and he said they had built a park based on the petty fines they had accumulated on SpaceX testing outside of testing hours. He said the city was really happy with it and to SpaceX is was easily within their accounting error range. Everyone wins.

Yep.  Something along the lines of $10-20k/min longer than 2 min or after 8:30pm

also funds a good bit of their municipal functions.  

Edited by Trey3216

• 2 months later...
  • 11 months later...
On 2/9/2023 at 2:56 PM, Trey3216 said:

Miss old El Diablo.  We still need to do a beer sippin sometime soon.  

I was thinking about him a lot the last few days. I just lost another friend to covid. Not super close, an older guy, but close enough to hit home. I'm running out of people fast. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/9/2023 at 2:56 PM, Trey3216 said:

Miss old El Diablo.  We still need to do a beer sippin sometime soon.  

think a coffee sippin' would be more up his ally...he was in one of my AA groups, pretty committed to sobriety.  

fuck...that said...he's probably enjoy the beer even more.

Dichotomy...best of both worlds, eh?

• Like 1

Just want to say fuck Chip and Joana for building that tourist trap restaurant next to Health Camp so that now its impossible to find parking because a bunch of olds from the Midwest just had to drive down to Waco for some shiplap and whatever the fuck the serve at that restaurant.