Time to visit Waco

skipperj

• 2 weeks later...

Someone I know went to the Titanic exhibit at the Mayborn Museum and said that it is outstanding. I think it's like $30 for admission but they said it was worth it. When you enter the exhibit you're given a replica boarding pass that has the name of one of the actual passengers on it. They have quite a few items that were recovered from the wreck, some staterooms recreated, passageways etc... to give the impression of life aboard the luxury liner. At the end of the tour there is a display listing all of the 2,000+ passengers and crew and their individual fate, you find out if the person named on your boarding pass lived or perished. The exhibit will be there thru December.

7 hours ago, El Diablo said:

Someone I know went to the Titanic exhibit at the Mayborn Museum and said that it is outstanding. I think it's like $30 for admission but they said it was worth it. When you enter the exhibit you're given a replica boarding pass that has the name of one of the actual passengers on it. They have quite a few items that were recovered from the wreck, some staterooms recreated, passageways etc... to give the impression of life aboard the luxury liner. At the end of the tour there is a display listing all of the 2,000+ passengers and crew and their individual fate, you find out if the person named on your boarding pass lived or perished. The exhibit will be there thru December.

Very cool.  I had heard that the exhibit was really good as well.  

Wanted to go but with toddlers its hard to find the time

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, 4th&Five said:

we were driving home from dallas and stopped and did the titanic with the kids.  pretty cool exhibit and there was plenty of other stuff in that museum to keep my 10 and 6 yo's happy and entertained for a couple hours.

Yeah, I took the grandson there last summer when he was visiting. He was 7 at the time and he dug the hell out of it. The "featured" exhibit in the kiddo area was Indy cars. Lots of interactive things to do that were related to racing cars; reaction times, friction, mechanical etc...

I remember as a kid going to Strecker (think it was in the basement of Armstrong/Browning?) and the highlight was getting to push the button that made the taxidermy rattlesnakes tail shake.

• 3 months later...
18 hours ago, SimonBolivar said:

Any of my fellow Waco bros try Taste yet? It was fantastic and certainly a feeling that wasnt Waco. $150 for the two of us but that included a wine flight and a bottle of another wine so not too bad overall.

Haven’t been yet but definitely excited to go try it.  Have heard nothing but good things 

5 hours ago, Trey3216 said:

Haven’t been yet but definitely excited to go try it.  Have heard nothing but good things 

The wine tasting is fine. I mean its Texas wine so nothing special, but they had some excellent service with their tasting service. The banana pudding was out of this world.

• 2 weeks later...
Any of my fellow Waco bros try Taste yet? It was fantastic and certainly a feeling that wasnt Waco. $150 for the two of us but that included a wine flight and a bottle of another wine so not too bad overall.
The wine tasting is fine. I mean its Texas wine so nothing special, but they had some excellent service with their tasting service. The banana pudding was out of this world.
Goddamn at that price they ought to have some nekkid oiled midgets lave your assholes with their tounges after dinner.

On 5/25/2018 at 3:07 PM, Post Oak said:

Tourism is at its highest in the months of March, July and October. March is the number one month for tourism in Waco — mostly because of spring break –– Pendergraft said. In March 2017 alone, Waco had over 300,000 visitors.

Who on God's Earth would go to Waco for spring break?

18 minutes ago, High Plains Drifter said:

Tourism is at its highest in the months of March, July and October. March is the number one month for tourism in Waco — mostly because of spring break –– Pendergraft said. In March 2017 alone, Waco had over 300,000 visitors.

"Wives And The Stupid Shit They Say/Do" thread is over there ------------>

55 minutes ago, High Plains Drifter said:

They’re called Magnolians. They worship Chip and Jo and rustic stuff with clever sayings painted on it. White women age 30-55 who have left their husbands to travel in groups of 4-10 and stay in Air BnBs in sketchy neighborhoods and buy stuff at one of a bijillion boutiques that have popped up in previously abandoned buildings.

They will let it all hang out and order edgey food from a permanently anchored food truck, wait two hours in line to buy a cupcake and then drink their way to a 1.2 BAC at a wine bar for six hours after their day of buying stuff they don’t need.

Apparently they come from everywhere and occasionally decide to uproot their entire life and move to Waco to experience the “Fixer Upper” lifestyle.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Newdoc said:

Apparently they come from everywhere and occasionally decide to uproot their entire life and move to Waco to experience the “Fixer Upper” lifestyle.

Which means joining Antioch and preaching to young parents at the zoo while they're just trying to look at some damn rhinos.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Newdoc said:

They’re called Magnolians. They worship Chip and Jo and rustic stuff with clever sayings painted on it. White women age 30-55 who have left their husbands to travel in groups of 4-10 and stay in Air BnBs in sketchy neighborhoods and buy stuff at one of a bijillion boutiques that have popped up in previously abandoned buildings.

They will let it all hang out and order edgey food from a permanently anchored food truck, wait two hours in line to buy a cupcake and then drink their way to a 1.2 BAC at a wine bar for six hours after their day of buying stuff they don’t need.

Word on discreet is Chip and Jo have plans to start their own NETWORK. Supposedly partnering with Discovery Channel. Project is still in the works but I don't put anything past these people.

First hovel I bought here I tore all of the shiplap out. If only I had known.

1 minute ago, El Diablo said:

Word on discreet is Chip and Jo have plans to start their own NETWORK. Supposedly partnering with Discovery Channel. Project is still in the works but I don't put anything past these people.

First hovel I bought here I tore all of the shiplap out. If only I had known.

Used shiplap and unicorn piss are a modern-alchemist's gold  

Edited by Trey3216

2 hours ago, High Plains Drifter said:

Waco has the highest hotel occupancy rate in the state...think about that for a bit.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, High Plains Drifter said:

I guess it's where kids who attend party schools go for a change of pace, just to relax for a while.

• 7 months later...