Cotton Bowl CFP Semi Bama vs Cincy

Surly Bevo

2 minutes ago, Longhornstampede said:

I'm thinking the playoff committee set us all up by putting Cincinnati in this just to make a point. I don't think we will EVER see a group of 5 team make the playoff again no matter what kind of record they put up

Who else plays Bama tight in this game?  Georgia is number 3 in the country and lost by 17 recently to them.  This isn't a Group of 5 team issue this is a CFB issue.  Nobody plays close with Bama.

1 hour ago, Horn80 said:

Cincy measured and weighed and found wanting.

So has every other team in the country over the past 13 years.  Bama is likely to win 7 of 13.  Everyone's Saban's bitch.

1 hour ago, ClubWhatever said:

Cincinnati is an 8-4 team in any P5 conference.

Based on this game?  Again, who is playing Bama close anymore?  They are just so much better than everyone for nearly 15 years.

Lazy fucking opinions.

Anybody who thought Cincy played "well" must mean they played as well as they could.  That was a systematic dismantling of an outclassed team.  I will allow that they played pretty good given their G5 status and obvious talent deficiencies but they also played right into Alabama's "we are just going to dismantle you piece by piece" game plan and neither their coaches (most of the blame) or their players ever did anything really creative to stop it, take momentum etc.   It looked like a classic "we are just happy to be here" performance. 

• Like 2

Just now, mdmost said:

Florida, aggy, LSU, Auburn. 

Ok, question of opinion.  Do you think any of these teams are playing Bama closer in a CFB playoff game?  You named their closest games this season but historically they haven't been able to hang with them is my guess.  

Just now, Bodhi said:

Ok, question of opinion.  Do you think any of these teams are playing Bama closer in a CFB playoff game?  You named their closest games this season but historically they haven't been able to hang with them is my guess.  

You said who is playing Alabama close anymore. I answered. Somewhere along the way Alabama got really good again. But they were 18 seconds from not even being in this game. 

56 minutes ago, mdmost said:

It's not like Bama hasn't done this to a lot of the opponents they've faced before:

38-0 on Michigan State in 2015

24-7 on Washington in 2016

24-6 on Clemson in 2017

31-14 on Notre Dame in 2020

The only teams to play them close in the first round were OU in 2018 and Ohio State who beat them in 2014. 

OU in 2018 is debatable. That game was out of hand really quickly and Bama took their foot off the gas.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, ClubWhatever said:

Looks at their schedule this year.  Auburn, LSU, AnM, Florida.  Who is lazy?

7 minutes ago, mdmost said:

You said who is playing Alabama close anymore. I answered. Somewhere along the way Alabama got really good again. But they were 18 seconds from not even being in this game. 

Ok I looked up Bama's record vs. TAM, LSU, FL, and Auburn over the past 5 years to prove my point.

Avg. Margin of Win:

Vs. LSU +18.4

Vs. TAM +14.8

Vs. Auburn +9.4

Vs. FL +4

So, in conclusion I know fuck all and my research did not support my opinion.  I'll go play connect four at the kids table now. 

4 hours ago, Hagbard Celine said:

klatt laid out the incontrovertible argument that only major expansion will break the bama cartel

his argument is unassailable

I agree with expansion. I favor 14 or 16 teams. I always have. But it won’t break up what you call the Bama cartel. And Klatt never made that point. You and Hayden and everyone else here bitching can skip watching the national championship but you’ll be in the minority. Alabama and Georgia are clearly the 2 best teams in the nation, by far, and nothing you propose can manipulate around that. If you want to do something about it, there are a dozen programs who can. Michigan is one of those programs. Cincy is not. Texas is. We have to get better, stop bitching about SEC dominance that is very obviously real, and stop pulling ideas out of our ass to ensure the clear 2 best teams don’t make it. I mean come the fuck on. 

19 minutes ago, SuckitKevin said:

You didn’t prove shit. Alabama was in close games this year.

They absolutely wouldn’t be if they played any of those average teams in the playoff. They’d beat all 4 of those teams by an average 28 points. The only one who can hang with them is UGA and we will see a different UGA team a week from Monday. Maybe they still lose by 17, but nobody else has a chance. 

2 hours ago, Porterhouse said:

I agree with expansion. I favor 14 or 16 teams. I always have. But it won’t break up what you call the Bama cartel. And Klatt never made that point. You and Hayden and everyone else here bitching can skip watching the national championship but you’ll be in the minority. Alabama and Georgia are clearly the 2 best teams in the nation, by far, and nothing you propose can manipulate around that. If you want to do something about it, there are a dozen programs who can. Michigan is one of those programs. Cincy is not. Texas is. We have to get better, stop bitching about SEC dominance that is very obviously real, and stop pulling ideas out of our ass to ensure the clear 2 best teams don’t make it. I mean come the fuck on. 

After watching tonight I don't think Michigan is still one of those porgrams. I don't think they can get the talent on campus requisite to pull it off and I think their culture is shot. Granted Texas' culture might be in a worse spot but at least we can still out-recruit all but one or two teams in the country in the right season if not everyone. 

34 minutes ago, ztejas said:

After watching tonight I don't think Michigan is still one of those porgrams. I don't think they can get the talent on campus requisite to pull it off and I think their culture is shot. Granted Texas' culture might be in a worse spot but at least we can still out-recruit all but one or two teams in the country in the right season if not everyone. 

We can’t outrecruit Bama and Georgia. I’d love to see our rating with Ewers included but we’d still be behind A&M and the Big 2. 

5 hours ago, Longhornstampede said:

I'm thinking the playoff committee set us all up by putting Cincinnati in this just to make a point. I don't think we will EVER see a group of 5 team make the playoff again no matter what kind of record they put up

Cincy represented themselves better than Notre Dame ever has in the playoffs.

7 minutes ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

Cincy represented themselves better than Notre Dame ever has in the playoffs.

Cincy might wanna score at least a TD before you say that. Though ND scored 3 their first time in and 14 their second, so there’s hope if Cincy ever gets another chance! 

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, Porterhouse said:

stop pulling ideas out of our ass to ensure the clear 2 best teams don’t make it. I mean come the fuck on. 

it's not about the final, who makes the final, and how outclassed everyone else is

nothing will change until the argument can be made by 2 dozen teams that they have a shot

today maybe 4 or 5 teams can argue that they have a shot

and until that changes, the wealth will continue to concentrate with the 1%

this is not about trying to make it difficult for the 2 best teams to make the final

i didn't say that and klatt didn't say that

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, Hagbard Celine said:

it's not about the final, who makes the final, and how outclassed everyone else is

nothing will change until the argument can be made by 2 dozen teams that they have a shot

this is not about trying to make it difficult for the 2 best teams to make the final

First, Klatt is a talking sports man and his opinions are the definition of assailable.

Second, we all talk about the upsets that might happen in a 16 team playoff but we don’t talk about the likelihood of “upsets” that aren’t. You’re going to a system where instead of sometimes missing the playoffs, Alabama and Clemson and tOSU and OU and Georgia are basically in the playoff EVERY year. And it’s gonna be a whole lot more likely that a five or six seed monster that caught a few bad breaks spanks everyone and wins the whole thing as opposed to the Baylors or Utahs of the world putting together a magical run.

• Hook 'Em 2

14 hours ago, Gatorubet said:

6513d65c4507c8bcb421941c629bcd6d.jpg

6ad46450d65cfd1a4bc8e5dfc53f1814.jpg

She’s a dog Marty…

This always boggles my mind. You're getting your ass beat by Bama, but throwing the horns down. The sign doesn't bother me, it's just that YOU'RE NOT PLAYING TEXAS! XD

Glad to see we live in everyone's heads rent free. 

Oh and I would give her this horn

4 minutes ago, Longboard Horn said:

This always boggles my mind. You're getting your ass beat by Bama, but throwing the horns down. The sign doesn't bother me, it's just that YOU'RE NOT PLAYING TEXAS! XD

Glad to see we live in everyone's heads rent free. 

Oh and I would give her this horn

Fitlump, is that you?

5 minutes ago, markstanco said:

In the 247 composite the aggy avg rating is 94.42 and bama is 95.19. I’m not disagreeing with you but how are you computing that? The 325.14 total number I take it?

Liucci 44. And only using left handed players born on days that start with “T” in the calculation. You know, the aggy way. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Surly Bevo said:

Anybody who thought Cincy played "well" must mean they played as well as they could.  That was a systematic dismantling of an outclassed team.  I will allow that they played pretty good given their G5 status and obvious talent deficiencies but they also played right into Alabama's "we are just going to dismantle you piece by piece" game plan and neither their coaches (most of the blame) or their players ever did anything really creative to stop it, take momentum etc.   It looked like a classic "we are just happy to be here" performance. 

Yep, they never had even the slightest of chances.  Looked like a JV team vs Grown ass men.

11 hours ago, Hagbard Celine said:

You’re all over the place. I don’t disagree with anything you say above. But your argument is changing by the post, so I’m just gonna stop. 

3 hours ago, markstanco said:

In the 247 composite the aggy avg rating is 94.42 and bama is 95.19. I’m not disagreeing with you but how are you computing that? The 325.14 total number I take it?

Yes. Harold Perkins and a few more are going to push them over Bama’s all time class from last year.