Immortal13 has been banned

immamac

7 hours ago, TwiceHorn said:

He used to be a pretty decent poster.  Not sure what got up his ass the last few months.  I do seem to recall a family tragedy.

His daughter passed away. That’s what’s “been up his ass”. 

4 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

Being a dickhole on a bbs is not your typical reaction to loss of a child.

I thought you are an attorney not a psychiatrist.  How do you know what is “typical” when grief is different for all?  

• Hook 'Em 2

5 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

Being a dickhole on a bbs is not your typical reaction to loss of a child.

Had experience with child loss?  I haven’t. I don’t know how I’d react. At any rate, I don’t know why there’s a celebratory thread on the matter. Just ban him if you wish and be done. 

5 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Being pissed off at the world seems an appropriate response.  Being so months and months after makes me wonder if he’s stuck somewhere in the process. 

I agree, but do you think banning a dude who has clearly gone through something horrible is the right idea?  What if surly is his only outlet?  

I wish there was a way to just limit access (no cr or dm’s) before going all out ban hammer.   

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, SDG said:

I agree, but do you think banning a dude who has clearly gone through something horrible is the right idea?  What if surly is his only outlet?  

I wish there was a way to just limit access (no cr or dm’s) before going all out ban hammer.   

You can start your own board and impose those rules.  Good luck!

• Hook 'Em 2

36 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Being pissed off at the world seems an appropriate response.  Being so months and months after makes me wonder if he’s stuck somewhere in the process. 

Understandable perhaps, if not appropriate. I don't think it's particularly healthy. So yeah, if that was the cause, it's probably because he is stuck in it somehow.

We've had a number of posters endure similar personal tragedies without turning into dickholes.  Lidig8r for example.  The golf pro whose name escapes me atm also.

Edited by TwiceHorn
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, SDG said:

I’m sure he’s already got a new name and will be posting here by midnight, but this place clearly wasn’t healthy for him and it was in his best interest.

9 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

Understandable perhaps, if not appropriate. I don't think it's particularly healthy. So yeah, if that was the cause, it's probably because he is stuck in it somehow.

We've had a number of posters endure similar personal tragedies without turning into dickholes.  Lidig8r for example.  The golf pro whose name escapes me atm also.

We’ve also had posters end up in prison or commit suicide…  so answer us how you think his behavior isn’t appropriate?  

Dvillere is the golfer. I know him IRL from childhood. Just checked in on his social media and he seems to be doing well.
  • Hook 'Em 1

In a weird way, I feel like I kinda connected with him on some threads.  If this was a place that gave him a modicum of reprieve from the tragic year he's had...then reinstate him, let him post whatever he wants.  Catharsis comes in different, silly ways. 

But maybe, like y'all say, this board wasn't good for him in the end.  I dunno, I don't know him in real life---not my place.  He'll never get over what happened, but I wish him and his family a little bit more light in 2022.  

10 hours ago, SDG said:

We’ve also had posters end up in prison or commit suicide…  so answer us how you think his behavior isn’t appropriate?  

Inappropriate behavior is inappropriate, period.

That he may have an "excuse" or "justification" is a different issue.

I'm just observing, not really judging.  As some have observed, if this is how he reacted to that tragedy, I have a hard time believing that this place was healthy for him.

In the final analysis, this is imma's joint and imma can do as he wants.  The idea expressed on this thread and elsewhere that this is hornfans-style moderation is ludicrous.  But if you don't like it, you have our blessing . . . .

• Hook 'Em 2

17 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

Inappropriate behavior is inappropriate, period.

That he may have an "excuse" or "justification" is a different issue.

I'm just observing, not really judging.  As some have observed, if this is how he reacted to that tragedy, I have a hard time believing that this place was healthy for him.

In the final analysis, this is imma's joint and imma can do as he wants.  The idea expressed on this thread and elsewhere that this is hornfans-style moderation is ludicrous.  But if you don't like it, you have our blessing . . . .

Are you illiterate?  I don’t need your blessing; I stated an opinion and asked you what your medical qualifications are to diagnose someone.  You have none and even if you did you would have to have met with the patient to diagnose them.   I will continue to support the Bob’s, surly, and burnt ends so if you don’t like it you have “our” blessing….  

3 minutes ago, Macklemore said:

Penelope deserves being called a cunt.

You are such a snowflake.  Buy any tailored jerseys lately while high on meth?  

Immortal 13 lost his daughter.  He never said what had happened.  We were all very sympathetic, and within 24 hours he was on the boards going fucking nuts at people.  I think banning him is probably the best for him.  I don’t think he ever processed his grief. 

1 hour ago, PenelopeWitherspoon said:

Immortal 13 lost his daughter.  He never said what had happened.  We were all very sympathetic, and within 24 hours he was on the boards going fucking nuts at people.  I think banning him is probably the best for him.  I don’t think he ever processed his grief. 

He made his thread on the 4th, and then January 6th happened just two days later and sucked all the oxygen out of the room for any other discussion. Not exactly an easy time for him 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

I don't know why, and don't quote me on this...but I think she was older/grown up.  Seemed like it was sudden, whatever it was.  But I dunno IRL.  Something about what he wrote that day (I think it was really early in the morning before my house usually wakes up), I still remember just slamming my laptop closed and going upstairs and hugging my girls so hard they screamed out for mommy.  I totally forgot that a couple days later was January 6th.  

There's never a good day to mark the passing of a loved one, particularly a child.  But, at least in my limited experience of losing older family members...first year anniversaries are always a gut punch.  Something just rings in my head like, "You made it a year without this person in your life...and you will make it more years without them...and then one day you'll have made it more years without them than with them."  Just reminds you that everything marches on and in the end, the universe really doesn't give a fuck, time continues.  What the fuck does it all really mean in the end?  

Immortal13---if you're lurking on this thread...peace be with you this week...and always.  In the end, who gives a shit about politics?  Hold on to what you love.  I'll try to as well.  

19 hours ago, Macklemore said:

For better or worse, this is a community that has been around for 20+ years since Hornfans. Guys like mdmost, haydenhorn and bozo have been sound since the beginning and have been of like mind - a cabal :). Ok that’s fine. They aren’t the ones causing problems.

I would never would have believed it, but old school Hornfans with LonghornGirlie and her blinking envelopes and heavy handed moderation was a far, far better for political talk. Football had better discussion too with guys like ScipioTex but the moderation and not being able to call for the heads of Mack and Greg Davis killed that site.

Long story short - this community used to be a lot better and the personal attack crew has driven a lot of people away. 

Then go post on those sites

• Hook 'Em 3

23 hours ago, TwiceHorn said:

Yknow, the science says we get a little hit of dopamine from posting in places like this.  And I suppose that might go double for highly popular or unpopular posts.

I can imagine if your world has gone a bit bleak, those little hits can become more addicting, if they aren't already.

More than a little bit of wisdom here, which isn't at all surprising.

5 hours ago, Macklemore said:

Penelope deserves being called a cunt.

Please go fuck yourself. If you feel the need call me a white knight or snowflake or blah blah blah, go right ahead.

After all that’s out of your bile filled system remember to go fuck yourself.

(regarding immortal like lobo I hope he finds peace, I can’t imagine the pain he’s been through)

• Hook 'Em 1

On 12/31/2021 at 7:13 PM, Macklemore said:

What the fuck? Why bro? Because he defends himself and throws it back against the leftists who get to spew personal attacks all the time. That’s bullshit. Penelope, JimmyJames and wildcat09 INCESSANTLY throw out personal attacks against Johnny Sack, immortal and anyone who is right wing like us who wants to venture in there. They are bullies and fucking were basically DOXXING him talking about his family, side occupation, etc that is NOT public information. THIS IS BULLSHIT. You run the board how you like but know that CR sucks and is a cesspool and people like me who are articulate and can make an argument and stake a political position at odds with the groupthink don’t go in there. I hope you reconsider when cooler heads prevail and reinstate him.

Well if it makes you feel any better I just got out of a 5 day stint in surly jail for allegedly personally attacking the sack.  No doubt due to a report by immortal. 

Even though I disagreed with it, I’ve learned my lesson. I can honestly say I’m a changed man. I’m no longer a danger to surly society. That’s the gods honest truth. No doubt about it. 

image.jpeg.62c123b2522fc5e71974c9329fd2ee54.jpeg

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 6

1 hour ago, JimmyJames said:

Well if it makes you feel any better I just got out of a 5 day stint in surly jail for allegedly personally attacking the sack.  No doubt due to a report by immortal. 

Even though I disagreed with it, I’ve learned my lesson. I can honestly say I’m a changed man. I’m no longer a danger to surly society. That’s the gods honest truth. No doubt about it. 

image.jpeg.62c123b2522fc5e71974c9329fd2ee54.jpeg

PAROLE DENIED

Edited by Onboard 2.0
  • Like 3
  • Haha 4