Joe Biden 2022: Enter Dark Brandon

Longboard Horn

59 minutes ago, TurkeyChew said:

I actually think this is a pretty fair and accurate observation.

What I think is the fuel that allows the above process engine to continue to burn, however, is mostly something the Dems are responsible for and is in their control. Namely, that of not having a provocative point of view and being willing to be better politicians (e.g. fight, go low, fire up their base, etc.) and instead whine and moan and always be in react mode (e.g. But Trump! and What-about-when-an R did it? and R's are being hypocritical, etc.) So the sore loser moniker and victomhood persona becomes a prophecy fulfilled.

It's like my boy Napoleon said, somebody gotta explain why I ain't got nothing

It's like my boy @bad_teammate said, Dems need to grow a spine and stand and deliver otherwise you are the political Dallas Cowboys led by Mike McCarthy. You aren't managing the clock well despite having the better players and odds on paper and always blame the refs when you lose.

I think we agree, but are you also saying that Dems should just not call the Rs on their traitorous activities?

3 hours ago, Willfully Horn said:

Where have we heard shit like that before?

A link would be appropriate. Let’s evaluate your translation skills.

You heard it from Trump prior to the 2020 elections.  Only difference is that narcissistic fuck only cared about his election whereas Biden indicated that the House and Senate will be illegitimate.  It's been cleaned up by Psaki but jesus h.  

1 minute ago, babysdaddy said:

You heard it from Trump prior to the 2020 elections.  Only difference is that narcissistic fuck only cared about his election whereas Biden indicated that the House and Senate will be illegitimate.  It's been cleaned up by Psaki but jesus h.  

Green Shirt Guy GIFs | Tenor

https://www.businessinsider.com/georgia-trump-calls-senate-runoff-elections-illegal-and-invalid-2021-1

2 minutes ago, Chuckie Finster said:

Are you serious?  He spent the entire 2nd half of November and all of December bitching and moaning that he was cheated and that he won and don't vote and votes won't count.  He clearly and literally depressed turnout of the runoff based on his bruised stupid fucking ego.  Anyhow, this is the Biden thread.  

What does waiting in line have to do with poor people?  

The poor communities usually have fewer polling locations that are easily accessible (thanks to the Texas GOP there are even less). Harris County now has 1 drop box for a county of how many million people? How many of those communities are poor?

15 minutes ago, Goofyboy said:

The poor communities usually have fewer polling locations that are easily accessible (thanks to the Texas GOP there are even less). Harris County now has 1 drop box for a county of how many million people? How many of those communities are poor?

yes but are you aware that there weren't drop boxes in 1984 so expressly limiting the whole county to one drop box when county admins wanted several isn't a restriction on voting

-- sam alito

7 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

The point is, there is no reason why it has to take long at all.

And, if you are a poor who doesn't get or can't afford to take time off to vote, or has kids at home, it's not easy to stand in line for 3 hours between 7 am and 7 pm.

Edited by TwiceHorn
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

And, if you are a poor who doesn't get or can't afford to take time off to vote, or has kids at home, it's not easy to stand in line for 3 hours between 7 am and 7 pm.

are you aware that in 1984 the polls were only open from 8 am to 6 pm?  therefore restricting them from  7 to 7 after the county had already implemented 24 hour polling locations isn't a restriction on voting.

-- sam alito

I know that the guys that do all the best cyber apparently hate the idea, but seems like assignment of a Federal ID card that has been married to a secure authentication method could open up remote access to ballot submission with appropriate audit trails.  We have to figure out ways to leverage technology to scale voter access. I mean, at least if we want to live in the 21st century. Task Elon with that shit.  If he can figure out a way to land a rocket booster on a drone ship in the ocean after it shot something into space, maybe he can figure this riddle out too. 

• Hook 'Em 2

26 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

I know that the guys that do all the best cyber apparently hate the idea, but seems like assignment of a Federal ID card that has been married to a secure authentication method could open up remote access to ballot submission with appropriate audit trails.  We have to figure out ways to leverage technology to scale voter access. I mean, at least if we want to live in the 21st century. Task Elon with that shit.  If he can figure out a way to land a rocket booster on a drone ship in the ocean after it shot something into space, maybe he can figure this riddle out too. 

Task Elon with it and he’ll build in person voting centers, but underground.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 4

38 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

Well that’s a good idea but the party you support would never allow that since it’s obvious it would just be a George soros plot to have the Jews take over the world and give everyone the mark of the beast and an excuse to confiscate everyone’s guns.

Do let us know when you’ve figured out how to solve that part of the puzzle. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Anastasis said:

You've voted for more individual republicans in your life than I have. 

That’s a good point and probably true. I’ve wisened up, learned my lesson, and will never make that terrible mistake again. 

Good on you for your previous positions. They were probably all correct and I never claimed to be smarter than you. But the shit is likely about to hit the fan, so then you will finally have to choose. You should have in 2020 but ultimately it didn’t matter. Trump lost. It might matter in 2024.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Bravo said:

This isn't the thread for this discussion but I just don't see the low bar of some type of ID to verify who you are to vote as some huge barrier to entry to vote. Voting is an important civic duty and you should at some level verify identity. Puts faith in the system.

I completely agree.

• Hook 'Em 1

9 minutes ago, High Plains Drifter said:

About damn time. I don't know how many people this will actually affect, but I hope it will have a ripple effect, and if nothing else, is a strong statement. Of course, I would rather it be passed as a federal law.

seriously. saw  a banner at El Tacorrido today that said cooks and server starting at $17/hr. If a taco joint can get the hint, everyone else can as well.

1 hour ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

seriously. saw  a banner at El Tacorrido today that said cooks and server starting at $17/hr. If a taco joint can get the hint, everyone else can as well.

In my experience, observing my kids' efforts to get hired at various food joints, those banners are bullshit.  They don't pay that.

49 minutes ago, washparkhorn said:

You are not this stupid.  I refuse to believe it. 

I don’t want to call him stupid. I think he is just someone with an exceedingly low educational level. You can kinda tell when people fit that profile. He may have graduated from college and yet didn’t understand or retain anything he learned five minutes after the semester ended.

I have met some folks in the last two plus years that you could throw that stupid label on. I think most of the people that are called stupid lack even the most basic educational skills.

I try not to spend a great deal of time worrying about them though. If you want to be left behind by society and live in an outdated construct of what the world is now so be it. I won’t force anyone to see reason. Just keep to yourself and leave the people alone trying to clean up the messes left by other like-minded people.

• Hook 'Em 2

50 minutes ago, UpperWestside said:

I don’t want to call him stupid. I think he is just someone with an exceedingly low educational level. You can kinda tell when people fit that profile. He may have graduated from college and yet didn’t understand or retain anything he learned five minutes after the semester ended.

To be more specific, I think he's someone who has never developed any measure of self awareness. When he gets an impulse telling him, "hey this chart makes Biden look bad, I'm gonna go post it on Surlyhorns," most of us in that same circumstance would stop and ask ourselves, "wait, I realize that I'm highly motivated to agree with the inference that this chart begs me to make. Maybe I should look it over once more before sharing it triumphantly."

Edited by ndawg
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

47 minutes ago, UpperWestside said:

One of my best friends, he flunked band in fifth grade. Couldn’t even bang two cymbals together without fucking it up.  He graduated from, you guessed it, A&M.   I refuse to give any of these people the benefit of the doubt.   

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, washparkhorn said:

Of course he's not that stupid.  But, the market is falling, and a lot of it is as a result of all this post-covid shit that any president would be contending with.  And maybe a little Ukraine.

Regardless, the Trumpists will maintain the stupidity of crediting/blaming the stock market, er, economy, on the president.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

The Fed turned off the $120 billion a month subsidy to the markets (in place since March 2020) and intends to raise rates several times this year to combat inflation (which hurts tech that relies on cheap financing).

Chairman Powell (Repub) has turned hawkish. 

I guess we could blame Biden for renominating Powell as the Fed Chair, but the nation made it clear they are scared of inflation.

This is the inflation medicine - Paul Volcker style.  

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, washparkhorn said:

It's a joke from the Trump admin. Ole what's his name does the posts when the stock market went down under Trump, and when the stock market went up under Biden, because Trump would do it, and his defenders 

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, workswithseed said:

It's a joke from the Trump admin. Ole what's his name does the posts when the stock market went down under Trump, and when the stock market went up under Biden, because Trump would do it, and his defenders 

Washpark knows exactly what is going on. 

• Hook 'Em 1

4 hours ago, washparkhorn said:

The Fed turned off the $120 billion a month subsidy to the markets (in place since March 2020) and intends to raise rates several times this year to combat inflation (which hurts tech that relies on cheap financing).

Chairman Powell (Repub) has turned hawkish. 

I guess we could blame Biden for renominating Powell as the Fed Chair, but the nation made it clear they are scared of inflation.

This is the inflation medicine - Paul Volcker style.  

Yes, Volcker style. Lol. Imagine comparing stopping QE and then 3 forecasted rate hikes from 0% next year to what Volcker did. Hoo boy. This ain’t the medicine. This is a telegraphed, half assed attempt, but it won’t get too far. 

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

Beau Vine would do it. Weird washparkhorn never called him out
  • Hook 'Em 2

As of now, I hope this doesn't happen.

Leaving Afghanistan (not to mention, in the chaotic way that we did) to deploy in Ukraine feels a bit "out of the frying pan and into the fire" to me.

https://www.cnn.com/2022/01/24/politics/biden-troops-europe/index.html

As many as 8,500 US troops have been put on heightened alert for a possible deployment to Eastern Europe as Russian troops mass on Ukraine's border, Pentagon spokesman John Kirby said Monday.

US Secretary of Defense Lloyd Austin issued the prepare to deploy orders at the direction of President Joe Biden, the latest step the US has taken to prepare for a potential Russian invasion of Ukraine that officials have warned could be imminent.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2
  • Fuck You 1

Yeah, this doesn't sound like a good idea. 

I don’t think we have a choice. Bush 1 got Ukrainian to give up its nukes with the promise we (and others) would defend them.

Or at least that’s what I’ve been fed by some of the propaganda machines
  • Hook 'Em 1

• immamac changed the title to Joe Biden 2022: Enter Dark Brandon