Joe Biden 2022: Enter Dark Brandon

Longboard Horn

Between 2010 and 2020, Texas' population grew by 16%.  95% of that growth was people of color -- 60% Hispanic, 18% Asian, 17% Black.

As far as people moving to Texas is concerned, there are several issues at play -- no income tax, relatively low to moderate real estate costs compared to the coasts, a highly educated tech pool to draw from, etc.  Greg Abbott has jack shit to do with any of that.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

On 4/15/2022 at 12:07 PM, Immaculate Vibes said:

His current approval level in the Quinnipiac poll ties Trump’s all time low which was in January 11th, 2021. It would be wise to examine why that’s the case rather than say it’s all the dumb people. 

His mental state could be part of the equation for some people. I haven’t seen it quantified though. Dismiss it all y’all want. 

Stupid people and the people who prey on stupid are the reason for Biden's super low polling.

Not to say he wouldn't have bad poll numbers. No president with generational high inflation like this, coming out of a pandemic, supply chain madness, and during a time of elevated gas prices (b/c of a war) would fair well.

The difference is why it's SOOOO low.

And that's because Republicans have weaponized dumb. The dumb is so lethal that the puppeteers sometime die at its hands. It's poison dart frog lethality level dumb.

I do agree that Democrats need to learn to traverse the new environment though. The zombie hordes aren't going to listen to reason. You have to get on their level. 

Biden has taken a good first step in opening up federal lands for oil and gas. It has no real impact for anything in regards to high prices now. It's a political maneuver and the right one IMO.

Biden needs to some sort variation of following things in addition:

• federal pedophile / sex trafficker round up of some kind
    • IDK how this would work, but figure out a way to name a czar of some kind to fight this
    • Also have a person to look into Epstein's death
  • Propose free healthcare for all American citizen children and expecting mothers if they're American citizens ....
    • Don't back off the citizen requirement.... In fact, really hammer home the citizen part 
    • Let Republicans try and come after you and use political Jujitsu to frame them as the party that hates mothers and babies
  • Reduce federal redtape at ports... whatever that means. 
    • This really is just a stunt but I'm sure it'll play well in the sticks.
  • Cancel student debt.
    • You will take heat, but people will like it.
    • If you need to, means test it to get ahead of the "it only helps rich ppl / upper-crust grad degree types'
      • At a minimum:
        • All first responders get forgiveness
        • All teachers get forgiveness
        • Any veterans, forgiveness
        • Medical personal who helped fight COVID
        • And anyone making < $X per year

Edited by Dnaguy
  • Hook 'Em 8
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Dnaguy said:

Stupid people and the people who prey on stupid are the reason for Biden's super low polling.

Not to say he wouldn't have bad poll numbers. No president with generational high inflation like this, coming out of a pandemic, supply chain madness, and during a time of elevated gas prices (b/c of a war) would fair well.

And that's because Republicans have weaponized dumb. The dumb is so lethal that the ones who know the game and the marks sometimes die at its hands.

Handling such a toxic poison can have deadly effects if you get it on you.

I do agree that Democrats need to learn to traverse the new environment though. The zombie hordes aren't going to listen to reason. You have to get on their level. 

Biden has taken a good first step in opening up federal lands for oil and gas. It has no real impact for anything in regards to high prices now. It's a political maneuver and the right one IMO.

• IDK how this would work, but figure out a way to name a czar of some kind to fight this
  • Propose free healthcare for all American citizen children and expecting mothers if they're American citizens ....
    • Don't back off the citizen requirement.... In fact, really hammer home the citizen part 
    • Let Republicans try and come after you and use political Jujitsu to frame them as the party that hates mothers and babies
  • Cancel student debt.
    • If you need to, means test it to get ahead of the "it only helps rich ppl / uppercuts grad degree types'
      • At a minimum:

You forgot legalize pot 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Immaculate Vibes said:

You forgot legalize pot 

IDK.

You need congress to give you cover on that.

If it happens, sign it. 

But democrats have a crime narrative problem.

Spending political capital on mamajuana legalization plays into the tired republicans refrain that democrats are soft on crime IMO.

Troubling.
So very, very troubling.

And, uh, have you put a modicum of thought into why young people voice disapproval, whether or not these are longstanding issues, and whether that is likely to result in votes for Trump or whoever else in 2024?

This is not the spike the football tweet you want it to be. Good luck next time.

1 hour ago, gmr548 said:

And, uh, have you put a modicum of thought into why young people voice disapproval, whether or not these are longstanding issues, and whether that is likely to result in votes for Trump or whoever else in 2024?

This is not the spike the football tweet you want it to be. Good luck next time.

So joe isn't doing a great job? I thought this the sunshine pumper thread.

• Haha 1
  • Fuck You 2

3 hours ago, Dnaguy said:

And that's because Republicans have weaponized dumb. The dumb is so lethal that the puppeteers sometime die at its hands. It's poison dart frog lethality level dumb.

• Cancel student debt.
    • If you need to, means test it to get ahead of the "it only helps rich ppl / upper-crust grad degree types'
      • At a minimum:

No means testing on student loan debt cancellation.  If you means test it, you are just punishing people for being successful.  Further, some of those people are successful becuase they went and got higher degrees.  Those folks might have more debt.  I think you give every American who has student debt outstanding a one time forgiveness of 50k.  You have until 2027 to use that forgiveness (there are folks in college and grad school who have taken out student loans who should get the benefit here as well).  Also, you have to make that forgiveness tax free (i.e. usually debt forgiveness equals income to the person whose debt was forgiven...so for this debt cancellation, no income should be imputed by the IRS).

There are a lot of people who would get a nice benefit from Biden, and that is something that is absolutely tangible to everyday Americans.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

I wonder what percentage of people polled understand the political realities of Congress, including how the GOP exists only to thwart the Dems now and can no longer be bargained with or expected to behave rationally. I have to think it's very low, especially among the younger cohorts.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, Hookah Horns said:

I wonder what percentage of people polled understand the political realities of Congress, including how the GOP exists only to thwart the Dems now and can no longer be bargained with or expected to behave rationally. I have to think it's very low, especially among the younger cohorts.

For the younger ones, I fully believe they have to be upset that some of Joe's campaign issues (student loan debt, climate, etc) haven't magically materialized.  I think this was alluded to upthread as well.  I don't think they are itching to get back to the dotard days.

2 minutes ago, High Plains Drifter said:

I would say that overall I disapprove of Biden right now. I will also say that I will fucking crawl through vomit covered broken glass to vote for him again over any R.

same same. 

the bloodbath is coming nonetheless because we care about things like continuity of government and fidelity to democratic values, which makes our decision making easy. those things are too abstract for the majority of voters.

1 hour ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

i thought it was all inflation and it was all joe's fault. no?

It is if you listen to Fox News, Alex Jones, MTG, Boobert, Cruz, Hawley and Trump, Sr and Junior. And most of my neighbors who say Dems are all Communist. If that’s your tribe and your news information, then yes, it’s ALL JOE’S FAULT! 

10 hours ago, StassneyHorn said:

They want to move to fun, librul, urban centers in Texas cause of initial lower housing costs and good jobs, unaware of high property taxes is my best guess. Much of that housing is being ate up and it’s not a deal anymore.

This is the 26-35 yo answer. You’ll get different answers from every group though.

Corporate welfare is bringing the jobs here.  Lack of income tax bring the corporations, then the jobs move in and the workers at the lower levels get fucked with the property taxes in a disproportionate rate to the management.

• Hook 'Em 2

9 hours ago, Dnaguy said:
  • Cancel student debt.
      • At a minimum:

Change this to Public Service jobs get $10,000 loan forgiveness per year and it is a winner.  If you have to negotiate you can do that on the amount per year or possibly include the forgiveness as income and tax it.  Either way the amount forgiven is like a pay raise for those public service jobs in the first years when pay is lowest.

Vets should already be leveraging the GI bill.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, TexasEd said:

Corporate welfare is bringing the jobs here.  Lack of income tax bring the corporations, then the jobs move in and the workers at the lower levels get fucked with the property taxes in a disproportionate rate to the management.

Change this to Public Service jobs get $10,000 loan forgiveness per year and it is a winner.  If you have to negotiate you can do that on the amount per year or possibly include the forgiveness as income and tax it.  Either way the amount forgiven is like a pay raise for those public service jobs in the first years when pay is lowest.

Both of these.  Especially the first one. 

Season 2 Agree GIF by Paramount+

21 hours ago, gmr548 said:

first of all, trump is not running in 2024, because he knows he will lose, and he prefers candidates that don't lose.  the horse i'd bet on at this point as the gop candidate is pence.

second of all, biden is not running in 2024.  i see no way he can, and would prefer him step down.   which means, now is the time for kamala to step up.  maybe that will help get the minority voters trending back in the right direction.  i'm clueless as to how they could possibly think they'd fare better under conservative leadership to begin with, but the numbers are what they are.  his approval numbers should be low.  its been a failure at practically every juncture.  very disappointing that he has not been more effective after watching from the sidelines all this time.  he charlie stronged and tom hermaned this up.  handed his dream job and shit the bed.

it's not too late to turn this around and build democrat momentum going into the election, but it needs to start soon.  where have all the leaders gone that ran against biden?  warren, booker, bernie, klobuchar?  they've taken a backseat since biden took office, and were much more vocal and better leaders until then.   we are left with schumer and pelosi as the voice and face of the party, and they are too old and too boring and it's time for them to go also.  youth will respond to energy, minorities will respond to energy.  biden, pelosi, and schumer have done great service in their time but energy has passed them by.

On 4/15/2022 at 6:57 AM, cabowabo said:

Poor guy….

https://www.instagram.com/tv/Ccf63NbFHme/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

When you have guys like Snoop posting and basically making fun of the guy you’ve reached the level where his cognitive deficits are common knowledge. 

Anyway, here’s a staffer in an Easter Bunny costume redirecting POTUS. 

He’s not really in charge. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Fuck You 6

1 hour ago, thrillhammer said:

first of all, trump is not running in 2024, because he knows he will lose, and he prefers candidates that don't lose.  the horse i'd bet on at this point as the gop candidate is pence.

second of all, biden is not running in 2024.  i see no way he can, and would prefer him step down.   which means, now is the time for kamala to step up.  maybe that will help get the minority voters trending back in the right direction.  i'm clueless as to how they could possibly think they'd fare better under conservative leadership to begin with, but the numbers are what they are.  his approval numbers should be low.  its been a failure at practically every juncture.  very disappointing that he has not been more effective after watching from the sidelines all this time.  he charlie stronged and tom hermaned this up.  handed his dream job and shit the bed.

it's not too late to turn this around and build democrat momentum going into the election, but it needs to start soon.  where have all the leaders gone that ran against biden?  warren, booker, bernie, klobuchar?  they've taken a backseat since biden took office, and were much more vocal and better leaders until then.   we are left with schumer and pelosi as the voice and face of the party, and they are too old and too boring and it's time for them to go also.  youth will respond to energy, minorities will respond to energy.  biden, pelosi, and schumer have done great service in their time but energy has passed them by.

Do you smell toast?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, thrillhammer said:

wat

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, thrillhammer said:

It's not too late to turn this around and build democrat momentum going into the election, but it needs to start soon.  where have all the leaders gone that ran against biden?  warren, booker, bernie, klobuchar?  they've taken a backseat since biden took office, and were much more vocal and better leaders until then. 

Don't worry, my sister.

cory-booker-ketanji-brown-jackson-ap-jt-

6 hours ago, thrillhammer said:

That's their job, support the sitting president who is part of their party. They aren't going to openly campaign for the job unless and until Biden announces he's not going to seek a second term. It won't be Kamala, its pretty apparent the party doesn't see her as the future, hence her seeming invisibility thus far (or at least that's my perception).

3 hours ago, Immaculate Vibes said:

No doubt.

Looks like it’s accelerated in the past year though. 

What? That people my age (I’m 34) are having difficulty purchasing a home? Have you seen home prices? Have you seen the requirements to be able to purchase a home? (Especially after the last crash where the only ones that were fucked were the borrowers) It has been a gripe of people of my generation since I could remember that it is difficult to purchase a home.  You’ll get approved for an apartment with the same shit you need for a house but get turned down for the house. How does it make sense?

With regards to “super tight housing and auto markets” and it “looks accelerated in the past year though”: do all of you mouth breathers lack critical thinking?  Shortage of automobiles? Couldn’t be due to the chip shortage cause by the pandemic, right?  Housing shortage, have you seen the prices of homes sky rocketing? Supply chain issues pushing back and increasing costs of new builds I guess don’t have much effect in your eyes?  How the fuck would that be Biden’s fault?

i know you’re a fucking troll but, fuck, be better at it at least.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

On 4/18/2022 at 3:29 PM, BehoId, The Underminer! said:

same same. 

the bloodbath is coming nonetheless because we care about things like continuity of government and fidelity to democratic values, which makes our decision making easy. those things are too abstract for the majority of voters.

So thoughtful of you.  I'm certain no one in the middle or the right of you cares about continuity of government nor democratic values.  Just all Trump, all the time.  Some of you fuckers drink your own piss in your Cheerios, and wax poetic about how the salty contrast to the nutty/grainy cereal makes close to a granola like experience.   Jesus.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, thrillhammer said:

Kamala has ZERO chance of winning in '24.  She's markedly worse than Biden at this juncture.  

9 hours ago, thrillhammer said:

Donald Trump GIF by Election 2016

Cracking Up Lol GIF

• Haha 1

• immamac changed the title to Joe Biden 2022: Enter Dark Brandon