Joe Biden 2022: Enter Dark Brandon

Longboard Horn

11 minutes ago, PenelopeWitherspoon said:

Really?  I pay a larger percent of my income in taxes than Elon Musk does.  And more than likely, that CFO, when he exercises those options, will probably pay a lower percentage of his wages than those 100k workers thanks to SALT caps and other bullshit that the 2018 Trump tax cuts put into place.

As do I. I don’t know how his rsu’s are structured, but I can assure you there are millions of people across this country that contribute so little to literally 0, that he will be paying more than hundreds of thousands of them combined. He needs to pay his fair share, like EVERYONE should, but that doesn’t make his comp obscene. 

Just now, fattyflattie said:

As do I. I don’t know how his rsu’s are structured, but I can assure you there are millions of people across this country that contribute so little to literally 0, that he will be paying more than hundreds of thousands of them combined. He needs to pay his fair share, like EVERYONE should, but that doesn’t make his comp obscene. 

Look, I used to think like you, but you are absolutely wrong.  Real wages have stagnated for American workers while C Suite pay has ballooned.  It is absolutely bullshit.  And billionaires like Elon Musk should absolutely pay more in to the system because they get more benefit from the system than the average person.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 4

27 minutes ago, PenelopeWitherspoon said:

Look, I used to think like you, but you are absolutely wrong.  Real wages have stagnated for American workers while C Suite pay has ballooned.  It is absolutely bullshit.  And billionaires like Elon Musk should absolutely pay more in to the system because they get more benefit from the system than the average person.

If they really don’t like paying taxes they could put more of that compensation back into the company. I remember reading a long time ago that in Japan corporate reimbursement is limited to some multiple of the lowest paid employees. 

• Hook 'Em 4

2 minutes ago, Sawbonz said:

If they really don’t like paying taxes they could put more of that compensation back into the company. I remember reading a long time ago that in Japan corporate reimbursement is limited to some multiple of the lowest paid employees. 

Bottom line is things here have gone to volatile shit with the advent of internet trading plus quarterly reports.  CEO or management pay needs to be tied to long-term health of the company or adjusted if that’s not feasible.  

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, fattyflattie said:

And he’ll pay more taxes than what, 100k low income employees combined. We should be thanking the givers of this country rather than vilifying them for their extraordinary achievements. I don’t know is obscene about any of it. 

Jaguarsfan.gif

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, fattyflattie said:

I can assure you there are millions of people across this country that contribute so little to literally 0

Oh this argument again, which has been debunked a billion times, yet you refuse to acknowledge that it is utter bullshit.

1 minute ago, Biff Tannen said:

Oh this argument again, which has been debunked a billion times, yet you refuse to acknowledge that it is utter bullshit.

Dennison coming in and telling me poors get taxed via higher chance of getting parking tickets and repair bills for their cars isn’t debunked.  Please show me in income tax dollars what the bottom 20% of the country contributes, and let’s discuss it.  Not what they can’t afford because blah blah. How much do they contribute in income tax to the govt.  

• Fuck You 1

Dennison coming in and telling me poors get taxed via higher chance of getting parking tickets and repair bills for their cars isn’t debunked.  Please show me in income tax dollars what the bottom 20% of the country contributes, and let’s discuss it.  Not what they can’t afford because blah blah. How much do they contribute in income tax to the govt.  

Every single paycheck they pay taxes.  Federal withholding, medicare, etc.  Their tax refund does not equal this amount.  Now, if that's wrong, then I was fucked out of every menial job I ever had.

• Hook 'Em 1

There should be a minimum check that every person pays - even if it's a $100 bucks.    In other words, even if you are getting a refund, you have to send in your check.  If you owe more than $100 bucks, then you are fine - you write that check. There needs to be a point where everyone thinks about paying the taxes even if they have reviewed their pay stub every pay period. 

Then every tax payer should get the equivalent of a corporate annual report that tells where all the money came in and where it went.  

• Hook 'Em 1

13 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

Every single paycheck they pay taxes.  Federal withholding, medicare, etc.  Their tax refund does not equal this amount.  Now, if that's wrong, then I was fucked out of every menial job I ever had.

Idgaf about SS and Medicare, which will be taken back, when it’s time. 

https://www.cnbc.com/amp/2022/03/25/57percent-of-us-households-paid-no-federal-income-tax-in-2021-study.html

• Fuck You 4

1 minute ago, trauma babe said:

Anyone who hates the poor as much as Fatty—truly, it's so gross—either never grew up in actual poverty or had their brain altered by money and/or conservative propaganda. 

spacer.png

I don’t hate the poor. I hate that a fuckload of people do not contribute shit to this country, yet have the gall to throw stones at those who worked their way to the top about what they “owe”.   Just once I’d like to  see one of these billionaires look into the camera and tell them how they’ve given more money in one tax year than 500 generations of that family.   

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1
  • Fuck You 5

14 hours ago, Neonmoon said:

Most decent people believe it’s in bad taste to make fun of someone’s stutter. 

It’s not even the stutter. It’s the fact that he doesn’t truly comprehend the words he’s reading off the teleprompter. He’s perpetually lost. My grandfather was the same way in his final 2 years.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Fuck You 3

2 minutes ago, Creasy Bear said:

It’s not even the stutter. It’s the fact that he doesn’t truly comprehend the words he’s reading off the teleprompter. He’s perpetually lost. My grandfather was the same way in his final 2 years.

image.gif.8df97684dfff58e5ae6ecb1599b674b3.gif

Just once I’d like to  see one of these billionaires look into the camera and tell them how they’ve given more money in one tax year than 500 generations of that family.   

Did they make more than 500 generations of that family?  Then I feel it is justified.

• Hook 'Em 4

14 minutes ago, Creasy Bear said:

Why are you talking about Trump in the Biden thread?

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 2

The dismal tide continues . . .

“Religion used to be the opium of the people. To those suffering humiliation, pain, illness, and serfdom, religion promised the reward of an after life.

But now, we are witnessing a transformation: a true opium of the people is the belief in nothingness after death, the huge solace, the huge comfort of thinking that for our betrayals, our greed, our cowardice, our murders, we are not going to be judged.

Czeslaw Milosz, Discreet Charm of Nihilism

• Hook 'Em 1

39 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

Because that's the only tax on the poor.

8 hours ago, Longhornlove said:

https://www.factcheck.org/2022/04/bidens-deficit-spin/

I wouldn't put much stock in NPR since they are funded by the Government and are a mouthpiece for the Democrat party. I don't like fact checkers either but there are plenty of articles blasting the claims that you reference. Most from left leaning outlets.

What a surprise. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, David Dennison said:

Good lord he really thinks the magats will believe anything.

Ironically, these are types of dishwashers on months long back order that he’s probably waiting for if any part of his story is true. Yet he will bitch about the elitist left.

https://www.subzero-wolf.com/cove/dishwashers/24-inch-dishwasher-panel-ready

11 minutes ago, washparkhorn said:

The dismal tide continues . . .

“Religion used to be the opium of the people. To those suffering humiliation, pain, illness, and serfdom, religion promised the reward of an after life.

But now, we are witnessing a transformation: a true opium of the people is the belief in nothingness after death, the huge solace, the huge comfort of thinking that for our betrayals, our greed, our cowardice, our murders, we are not going to be judged.

Czeslaw Milosz, Discreet Charm of Nihilism

image.gif.c3273b14e775b2f70a5dd5e262955984.gif

• Hook 'Em 2

18 minutes ago, TexEx15 said:

Good lord he really thinks the magats will believe anything.

Ironically, these are types of dishwashers on months long back order that he’s probably waiting for if any part of his story is true. Yet he will bitch about the elitist left.

https://www.subzero-wolf.com/cove/dishwashers/24-inch-dishwasher-panel-ready

Oh, waaaaaaaah. Matt Schlapp can't get his rich wypipo dishwasher. THE HORROR!!!

On 5/10/2022 at 4:19 PM, Brisketexan said:

But what's really important.....you know what the solution is?  How we can cure all of the economic ills, real and imagined?  Come on, y'all know what it is.....say it with me.....

CRYPTO!

I really hope your boomer bucks aren't in shit coins. Ever heard of MtGox? Magic the Gathering exchange, became a huge deal when BTC got momentum.... Then well... Instead of people having their coins in the wallet it was all just in the exchange. Then one day it all disappeared.

Coinbase getting the rug ready 

https://nypost.com/2022/05/11/coinbase-warns-customers-they-may-lose-crypto-if-company-goes-bankrupt/

9 hours ago, fattyflattie said:

I cannot fucking stand it when companies make profit. I hope Warren can clean this mess up. 

Lucky for Ukraine we build missiles instead of relieving Ashton the barista of her low interest school loans. 

Low interest school loans? Mine were 8%

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Creasy Bear said:

Person woman man camera tv

Dr Oz for Governor

JD Mandel for Ohio senate

Fuck off moron

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, trauma babe said:

Anyone who hates the poor as much as Fatty—truly, it's so gross—either never grew up in actual poverty or had their brain altered by money and/or conservative propaganda. 

spacer.png

God damn. This is still the most powerful political cartoon I’ve ever seen. Every part is perfect. From the contemplating look of the construction worker to the downcast dejected look of the “foreigner”. Just poignant as all hell and a full on indictment of society. This should be in a future museum of history, if museums still exist then. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

No, you’re a fucking ungrateful piece of shit that wants to destroy everyone else’s birthright, including your own. 

By virtue of being an American, whether your ancestors came over on the Mayflower or they just arrived, whether you’re from a big city or from a rural state, whether your daddy owns the factory or your mother is a maid, you—you—are the owner of some of the best seafront property the nation’s got. You own magnificent waterfalls, you own stunning views of mountains and canyons. They belong to you. They’re yours. And all that’s asked of you is to put it in your will, for your children, so that they can have it too…Hopefully, you’ll provide for proper maintenance of this property that is yours. But that’s all you’ve got to do. Now, that’s quite a bargain. — Dayton Duncan

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 3

8 hours ago, fattyflattie said:

I don’t hate the poor. I hate that a fuckload of people do not contribute shit to this country, yet have the gall to throw stones at those who worked their way to the top about what they “owe”.   Just once I’d like to  see one of these billionaires look into the camera and tell them how they’ve given more money in one tax year than 500 generations of that family.   

How do you determine what one does or does not contribute to the United States?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, George Clooney said:

Well, according to fatty, you only contribute if you pay income taxes.  He doesn't count social security tax (even though it is an income tax and is not a locked box), FICA, the federal gas tax, or any of the other myriad of taxes one might pay.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 1

1 hour ago, George Clooney said:

I dunno.  A good start would be increasing the capital gains tax on people who contribute nothing but sit back and earn a living on investments and/or live on loans backed by those investments.  Exempt retirement accounts and homesteads. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

Biden cancels drilling. Rabble rabble 

actually read the article 

"Due to lack of industry interest in leasing in the area, the Department will not move forward with the proposed Cook Inlet OCS oil and gas lease sale 258," a DOI spokesperson told FOX Business in a statement Thursday.  

"The Department also will not move forward with lease sales 259 and 261 in the Gulf of Mexico region, as a result of delays due to factors including conflicting court rulings that impacted work on these proposed lease sales," the spokesperson added.

The spokesperson also told FOX Business that "there are 10.9 million acres of offshore federal waters already under lease to industry," and "of those, the industry is not producing on more than three-quarters (75.7% or 8.26 million acres)."

• Rage+1 2

48 minutes ago, PenelopeWitherspoon said:

Well, according to fatty, you only contribute if you pay income taxes.  He doesn't count social security tax (even though it is an income tax and is not a locked box), FICA, the federal gas tax, or any of the other myriad of taxes one might pay.  

All equitable, and not punitive to a particular individual. 

25 minutes ago, Judge Roybeanbag said:

I dunno.  A good start would be increasing the capital gains tax on people who contribute nothing but sit back and earn a living on investments and/or live on loans backed by those investments.  Exempt retirement accounts and homesteads. 

why do you hate people who invest for a living? 

11 hours ago, Creasy Bear said:

It’s his stutter that was gone his adult life and is magically reappearing and worsening as he declines. As we reach extreme old age we essentially devolve into small children again mentally and physically. Need help eating, getting dressed, remembering our schedule, shitting ourselves. This is just another manifestation of his brain deteriorating. Denying that is silly. 

• Fuck You 8

2 minutes ago, Goofyboy said:

Why do you hate people that put in a 40 hour work week and can’t make ends meet?

I don’t. I think they should contribute the same percentage as the guy who works 60 hours a week, or 10 hours a week, or the billionaire.  All the equitable talk disappears all of a sudden? 

I don’t. I think they should contribute the same percentage as the guy who works 60 hours a week, or 10 hours a week, or the billionaire.  All the equitable talk disappears all of a sudden? 

In order for things to be equitable, a whole lot less people would have to pay taxes. 5% of someone’s income making $30k a year hits a whole lot different than 5% of someone making $500k a year. You talk about equity, but you ignore the impact and the lower spending power that the bottom 90% are left with. How’s that equitable at all? I may be mistaken, but you seem to be leaving out the spending power side.
  • Hook 'Em 3

11 hours ago, fattyflattie said:

Net of transfers from the government, the bottom 60% pay a negative rate.  The 60 to 80 percent pay very little.  And the top 20% pay for basically everything.

• immamac changed the title to Joe Biden 2022: Enter Dark Brandon