Joe Biden 2022: Enter Dark Brandon

Longboard Horn

4 minutes ago, Goofyboy said:

Even across the board. So like a flat tax. Everyone pays 20%. Then what? That person making $30k a year is now down to $24k. Now they need food stamps… which last I checked you don’t like…. That’s why your “equality “ idea doesn’t work. It’s not realistic.

Make it 15%, or 40%. I really dgaf what the number is.  

We’re trying to solve tax inequities here, not why someone can’t live for 2k/month. 

• Fuck You 1

Make it 15%, or 40%. I really dgaf what the number is.  

We’re trying to solve tax inequities here, not why someone can’t live for 2k/month. 

Equity is more than just a single number. Good god man. How do you not understand that?
  • Hook 'Em 2

11 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

Incorrect. 

Please elaborate on your stance here. I'm truly interested in hearing how you don't think the vast, vast majority of the top 1% benefitted from some sort of advantage that the bottom 1% was not able to avail themselves of whether it be gender, socioeconomic status, educational opportunity, regressive tax advantages, etc. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Judge Roybeanbag said:

spacer.png

Here is the total tax burden by income bracket.  Even this doesn't tell the whole picture though, as it doesn't take into account capital gains I believe.

Also does not reflect government transfers to the household.

• Fuck You 1

11 minutes ago, Goofyboy said:

Oh, we’ve been through this? I missed that. Obviously nothing has changed.

Shit, 100 times at least.  You’ll see the same posters vying for equity all over the board.  It’s extremely important, until it goes against their view on this. At some point a few of the true .001% will come in and talk about how they wish they could give more, and should be taxed more. Don’t know their stance were before they had 7 figures in watches.   We have some extremely difficult issues to deal with in this country like RvW, the 2nd, etc.   This one is simple af for everyone but the billionaires. Need to find a way for them to pay their XX%, too. 

Edited by fattyflattie
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 1

I've linked this before in the Taxes thread:

Our findings are striking. One in four low-wage workers face marginal net tax rates above 70 percent, effectively locking them into poverty. Over half face remaining lifetime marginal net tax rates above 45 percent. The richest 1 percent also face a high median lifetime marginal tax rate – roughly 50 percent. Double taxation matters.

Our findings are striking. First, American households typically face high marginal net taxes on working. Their median tax rate is 43.2 percent. Second, when one disaggregates by age and resource level, one sees a U-shaped pattern, albeit it minor, in median rates with the bottom and top quintiles facing higher rates of marginal net taxation than those in the middle three quintiles. Third, marginal tax rates among the poor are very highly dispersed. Fourth, one in four bottom-quintile households, regardless of age, face marginal tax rates above 65 percent. Thus, a major share of poor households are effectively locked into poverty by America’s fiscal system. Fifth, in ignoring the double taxation of earnings (because of the subsequent taxation of earnings from saving), conventionally measured marginal tax rates – current-year marginal tax rates – significantly understate the more comprehensive remaining lifetime marginal tax rate. Sixth, state-specific tax and benefit provisions produce major differences across states in marginal and average tax rates. Indeed, a typical household can raise its lifetime living standard by as much as 8.1 percent simply by moving states.

Most conservatives don't know shit about how taxes actually work in America. There are some who do but don't like to admit that they actually benefit from the system (they much prefer to think they're the most persecuted by it), so like to try to limit any discussion to federal income taxes (HI FATTY!). States could impose a 100% state income tax on anyone making under $50,000 in income a year and fatty would pretend they're not contributing at all because they have no federal income tax liability. 

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

1 hour ago, Goofyboy said:

You’ve been terribly brain washed. Every single billionaire you worship had a massive leg up on the world.

Hate to tell you, but the 1%, which was his qualifier you replied to,  is nowhere near "billionaire".  And you are shortchanging some extremely intelligent people because it's en vogue to hate the rich.  There's 1%r's on this site that did the work themselves.  

• Fuck You 1

21 hours ago, wildcat09 said:

I guess we can't trust Longhornlove, given that he's either woefully ill-informed or a liar.

remember the washington examiner link he provided on how horribly run truth social was to bolster his erroneous claims about a ridiculously easily verifiable fact like the date the app became available for download?

good grief that guy.

• Hook 'Em 2

35 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

Hate to tell you, but the 1%, which was his qualifier you replied to,  is nowhere near "billionaire".  And you are shortchanging some extremely intelligent people because it's en vogue to hate the rich.  There's 1%r's on this site that did the work themselves.  

It's en vogue to hate people who have benefitted from an unfair system and won't even acknowledge the fact that they have benefitted, which precludes them from being able to take part in a good faith dialgoue about how to make the system more fair for more people, since they refuse to acknowledge the obvious fact that it IS unfair in the first place, which makes them pricks who think their success is entirely due to them being somehow better than others, which is a recipe for being not only wrong, but also hated.

Edited by TexArcher
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

This is like watching scientists in a lab trying to teach string theory to a monkey throwing shit at them. 

Naw, that’s having this same conversation with Slorch. Fatty understands just fine, he just truly doesn’t give a shit about anyone else.

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, TexArcher said:

It's en vogue to hate people who have benefitted from an unfair system and won't even acknowledge the fact that they have benefitted, which precludes them from being able to take part in a good faith dialgoue about how to make the system more fair for more people, since they refuse to acknowledge the obvious fact that it IS unfair in the first place, which makes them pricks who think their success is entirely due to them being somehow better than others, which is a bad mix when it comes to not being hated.

What is unfair and how would you make it more fair?

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Fuck You 1

1 minute ago, Johnny Sack said:

What is unfair and how would you make it more fair?

Oh, there's too much to list here and you know it.

But let's start by making public education standards the same in every neighborhood across the country.  And let's make college free for anyone who can get in.  It shouldn't cost more than 5 to 10% of the annual military budget.  And everyone will have equal access to quality education.  Within a generation, the ethnic breakdowns across all industries will look a lot more in line with the ethnic breakdown of the entire population.

Give me one good reason why not that doesn't involve a racial slur...

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

I never said they didn’t work. I said they had a massive leg up on the world. Maybe it sounds better if I say they had a head start over the majority of the world.
  • Hook 'Em 1

10 minutes ago, Goofyboy said:

I never said they didn’t work. I said they had a massive leg up on the world. Maybe it sounds better if I say they had a head start over the majority of the world.

Being born healthy in America means you are privileged compared to most of the world.  So what?

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1
  • Fuck You 2

16 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

Someone is justifying his privilege.

The better move is to convince young people that the system is rigged and that any road blocks and failures they may experience are clearly due to systemic unfairness in the American system.  That's the healthy way for people to think and leads to productive and happy lives.

Edited by Johnny Sack
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Fuck You 1

4 minutes ago, Johnny Sack said:

The better move is to convince young people that the system is rigged and that any road blocks and failures they may experience are clearly due to systemic unfairness in the American system.  That's the healthy way for people to think and leads to productive and happy lives.

The system is absolutely rigged. You know it. I know it. Anyone with a post-secondary education knows it.

• Hook 'Em 3

4 minutes ago, Johnny Sack said:

Or, you know, one could try to work to fix the systemic unfairness in the American system instead of sitting idly by while the income gap widens and the middle class shrinks.

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

Just now, Mole said:

I was a little surprised by the numbers for children at home until I considered how much they prefer Blippi.

This is how presidential polls are going to be from here on out, regardless of the occupant. 

Tribe supports tribe. Independents hate both.

4 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

This is how presidential polls are going to be from here on out, regardless of the occupant. 

Tribe supports tribe. Independents hate both.

When has it not been that way?  Serious question. W?

Edited by fattyflattie

Just now, fattyflattie said:

How long has it not been that way?  Serious question 

I think Iraq sealed the deal. 

Barry managed to get re-elected, though, which should give the old man some hope. Independents might disapprove but still prefer Biden over the alternative.

38 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

When has it not been that way?  Serious question. W?

fivethirtyeight has approval rating charts dating back to Truman.  W spiked to almost 90% after 9/11.  Most before that had stretches above 50% approval, many above 60%.

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/biden-approval-rating/?cid=rrpromo

scroll about halfway down the page

Edited by WBT
  • Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

"Read my lips: No new taxes."

Plus, the economy shit the bed during what was essentially Ronnie's third term.

Clinton/Gore represented something different, though in hindsight, they were just Republican lite.

I meant were people generally less biased towards their “teams” in the polls? I know Clinton/Rush is when I started to notice it more.  While milquetoast by today’s standards, W caught a bunch of shit even before the war. Likely a bit of retaliation for Clinton.  

6 hours ago, Johnny Sack said:

It is not equitable.  But not in the way you think.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

It's a neat trick to convince people that the "rich" don't pay their fair share.  They pay their fair share and everyone else's.

Carpe Diem blog supposedly citing 2011 and 2013 CBO data. Super reliable 

1 hour ago, Zonahorn said:

Carpe Diem blog supposedly citing 2011 and 2013 CBO data. Super reliable 

You think it has changed much since then?  I am thinking due to increased child tax credits it's probably more pronounced.  We do know the percentage of individuals who pay federal income tax had decreased significantly.  It has gone from what, 47% to 61%?

3 hours ago, Mole said:

I was a little surprised by the numbers for children at home until I considered how much they prefer Blippi.

I’m sure there are some who blame Biden for the introduction of the second Blippi…. 

Edited by Covri

• immamac changed the title to Joe Biden 2022: Enter Dark Brandon