Joe Biden 2022: Enter Dark Brandon

Longboard Horn

8 minutes ago, Al Bundy's Napoleon Hand said:

Don't work hard, rage tweet Fox News from bed all morning till lunch, treat yourself to a Big Mac, then jet off for a 4 day weekend of golf. How? Hi, I'm Donald Trump, and if you attend my new seminar....

yeah, for a billionaire, he sure begs for a lot of money

1 hour ago, Poe It Up said:

The poorest families are single parent households, you’re making an argument about the nuclear family. I mean, I agree with you, but it’s still nothing without busting your ass. 

And it still might be nothing even if you do bust your ass.

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, trauma babe said:

I'm thirty-five, work hard af (especially since the pandemic started up), and am responsible with money. I struggle to keep my head above water here in Austin. Where is the hard work fairy to solve my problems?? 

Well, you apparently weren't born Asian.  Still, 3rd base.

6 minutes ago, trauma babe said:

I'm thirty-five, work hard af (especially since the pandemic started up), and am responsible with money. I struggle to keep my head above water here in Austin. Where is the hard work fairy to solve my problems?? 

oh no, see. you have to do that for 35 MORE years and then maybe, just maybe you grow old and die without having to keep working. maybe.

1 minute ago, trauma babe said:

Fuck, no straps on nursing shoes. So that's where I went wrong. 

Did y’all not get the same package as Ballgame! down here in Houston?  Iirc, he posted a check with beaucoup hours at something like $200/hr during Covid. It was enough to be only the second person on this site to post a paystub, on a site full of people with braggardly paystubs. 

That person must have been a travel nurse. Staff nurses in Austin were making between $28-35/hr during my bedside tenure here. We were not given any sort of hazard pay or CoL increases. Travel nurses were (and are) working next to us and making multiple times our hourly rate while we did (and do) a good chunk of their job(s). 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

3 hours ago, trauma babe said:

I think I see the problem. 

That said, everyone is about to be in for a very rude awakening. Winter is coming. Just hang on to your job and continue doing well and when we make it out of this nasty recession that's coming, you'll be in good shape.

Stock market is bludgeoning us today after a dead cat bounce earlier this week. 2K more more drop and we will be back to pre-pandemic market!

Edited by Vegas64

1 minute ago, trauma babe said:

Much like our EMTs (who have it worse than me, absolutely), do I not deserve to be able to live, thrive, and plan for the future in the city and community that I serve? 

You just identified a huge problem of Austin and other cities like it. What investment in the community do teachers, nurses, police officers, EMTs, members of the fire department, etc have if they can't afford to live in the community?

• Hook 'Em 2

10 minutes ago, trauma babe said:

Much like our EMTs (who have it worse than me, absolutely), do I not deserve to be able to live, thrive, and plan for the future in the city and community that I serve? 

I guess that is the crux of the debate. And thriving is subjective, but to your point about basic living (rent, food, etc.) that is the big debate flashpoint lately with cities like Austin today or San Francisco and Manhattan and other expensive places in the past. Historically the answer has been "sorry, live somewhere else and/or commute in when you want to be a part of the cosmopolitan crowd and scene."

royiv beat me to it.

Edited by Vegas64

3 hours ago, trauma babe said:

Travel nurses were (and are) working next to us and making multiple times our hourly rate while we did (and do) a good chunk of their job(s). 

I’ve been on both sides of this, so I know what you’re feeling. Fwiw, I don’t believe he was a travel nurse, I believe he stayed in Houston the entire time. He must have had some type of deal.  Maybe he’s some specialized practice or something, I don’t know. 

22 minutes ago, Vegas64 said:

cities like Austin today or San Francisco and Manhattan and other expensive places in the past. Historically the answer has been "sorry, live somewhere else and/or commute in when you want to be a part of the cosmopolitan crowd and scene."

I assume people think Houstonians actually want to live here?  Sign me up for one of those extremely nice places if all else is equal. 

43 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

Being a Republican politician is the easiest ducking job in the world.  No consequences for your actions. Repeatedly state that you don't care if the people who voted for you die. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, pearlandhorn said:

But…5 days ago…

???

They left out a little bit of her statement:

”…to say to a company that produces something else, “Produce baby formula.”  It just doesn’t work that way exactly.  That is something that could be a consideration over the longer term.”

• Hook 'Em 3

16 minutes ago, Bama Chick said:

From the article:

Which brings us to NAFTA.

Furious American dairy farmers see the capital investment as yet another example of Canadian dairy farmers taking advantage of an unfair pricing system. Specifically, the Class 7 pricing program which came into effect last year and which, as I have previously written, introduced a favourable pricing category covering such skim milk components as skim milk powder. Butter lovers might define these as the leftovers.

Democratic Senator Chuck Schumer has been on the warpath about this since Class 7 came into effect, noting that Canadian exports of skim milk powder, rich in protein and ideal for baby formula, more than tripled in the first year of its existence, while dairy farmers in Cayuga County saw the export potential for their skim milk powders, to Canada and Mexico, shrink dramatically. “Canada’s Class 7 pricing program, a market-distorting supply management system, has caused severe pain to New York dairy producers since it came into force,” Schumer wrote in a letter to U.S. trade representative Robert Lighthizer. “This Class 7 system should be dismantled through new NAFTA commitments.”

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, Post Oak said:

Being a Republican politician is the easiest ducking job in the world.  No consequences for your actions. Repeatedly state that you don't care if the people who voted for you die. 

why do you hate personal responsibility?

28 minutes ago, Snake Diggity said:

lemme help ya out there

So, anyone who studied economics or stayed in a Motel 6 want to tell me if this is an accurate statement or this is fluff. Reading it at face value it's a great achievement, but I have a feeling there is more to it. 

• Hook 'Em 1

12 minutes ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

lemme help ya out there

So, anyone who studied economics or stayed in a Motel 6 want to tell me if this is an accurate statement or this is fluff. Reading it at face value it's a great achievement, but I have a feeling there is more to it. 

The other side would tell you that the % of people in the total population who are working is still not that high (it’s in the replies to Bidens tweet).  Which is true.  A lot of people retired early and a lot of women left the workforce, which was spurred by the pandemic.  But there’s still a lot of truth in Biden’s claim.  And it’s backed up by figures on job openings.

Edited by Snake Diggity
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Just now, Snake Diggity said:

The other side would tell you that the % of people working is still not that high (it’s in the replies to Bidens tweet).  Which is true.  A lot of people retired early and a lot of women left the workforce.  But there’s still a lot of truth in Biden’s claim.  And it’s backed up by figures on job openings.

lol, this is what I get when I search "grassy ass"
butts butt bongos GIF

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

lemme help ya out there

Also

National Ice Cream Day: Joe Biden's Ice Cream Obsession | Time

• Haha 1

• immamac changed the title to Joe Biden 2022: Enter Dark Brandon