Joe Biden 2022: Enter Dark Brandon

Longboard Horn

2 hours ago, StassneyHorn said:

The spoiler button is the eyeball above where you type. It stops people from having to explain to their boss why they are looking at a guy slapping 4 asses in a hot tub.

Anyone surfing Surly while their boss can see their monitor gets all the blame in this situation.

30 minutes ago, Hookah Horns said:

Anyone surfing Surly while their boss can see their monitor gets all the blame in this situation.

I don’t surf Surly on my work computer, hell it’s probably blocked from it anyways, but I’ve been burned by these same kind of posts while surfing Surly on my phone around the wife and kids. Aimlessly scrolling CR or Lulz and random nsfw images pop up. That one was tamer than some others, but I can see why someone might “hey spoiler/nsfw that shit.” 

• Hook 'Em 1

18 minutes ago, Covri said:

I don’t surf Surly on my work computer, hell it’s probably blocked from it anyways, but I’ve been burned by these same kind of posts while surfing Surly on my phone around the wife and kids. Aimlessly scrolling CR or Lulz and random nsfw images pop up. That one was tamer than some others, but I can see why someone might “hey spoiler/nsfw that shit.” 

Anyone surfing Surly while their boss and kids can see their monitor phone gets all the blame in this situation.

Edited by Bevo14
  • Haha 2

On 1/17/2022 at 2:15 PM, wildcat09 said:

This. Centrist pundits always say "they need to move to the middle," not because it's the product of a serious analysis of the facts, but because they don't want the party to do anything too popular. Time after time after time after time the same shit happens and the left gets blamed, not because they're actually to blame but because it's convenient to make people think they are. That's how we have a party full of voters that think voting rights is just too radical a thing to fight for and that literally say the party should stop trying to do things. 

I posted this back in January, as part of a discussion about whether the party needed to continue to pursue a progressive agenda or moderate and stop trying to change things. Well, the party has moderated. In fact, they've done essentially nothing of significance this year except for the bill they just passed to help address the formula shortage. How's that worked out? From Incredulity's link:

Only 39% of U.S. adults approve of Biden’s performance as president, according to the poll from The Associated Press-NORC Center for Public Research, dipping from already negative ratings a month earlier.

Overall, only about 2 in 10 adults say the U.S. is heading in the right direction or the economy is good, both down from about 3 in 10 a month earlier. Those drops were concentrated among Democrats, with just 33% within the president’s party saying the country is headed in the right direction, down from 49% in April.

Of particular concern for Biden ahead of the midterm elections, his approval among Democrats stands at 73%, a substantial drop since earlier in his presidency. In AP-NORC polls conducted in 2021, Biden’s approval rating among Democrats never dropped below 82%.

And his approval among young voters is fucking dead:

A Quinnipiac University poll published on Wednesday found that approval of Biden among Americans aged 18 to 34 has declined to just 27 percent. The new findings represent a fall of six percent in less than a month.

The Democrats have been following the centrists' recommendations. They're basically repeating 2010, but without even passing something equivalent to the Affordable Care Act. And it is utterly destroying their electoral chances. And any hope for maintaining American democracy along with them.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Rage+1 1

1 hour ago, wildcat09 said:

I posted this back in January, as part of a discussion about whether the party needed to continue to pursue a progressive agenda or moderate and stop trying to change things. Well, the party has moderated. In fact, they've done essentially nothing of significance this year except for the bill they just passed to help address the formula shortage. How's that worked out? From Incredulity's link:

And his approval among young voters is fucking dead:

The Democrats have been following the centrists' recommendations. They're basically repeating 2010, but without even passing something equivalent to the Affordable Care Act. And it is utterly destroying their electoral chances. And any hope for maintaining American democracy along with them.

Funny how people read this differently.   I’d posit he’s being drug down by the wants of the extremes on his side. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, mchookem said:

the only thing we're at war with is ourselves

7 minutes ago, Incredulity said:

What about the war on drugs, crime, poverty, obesity, hunger, and of the roses?

I was just suggesting these two comments are the same.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Like the country “wants to be further left”? 

Further left. Yes. For fucks sake, we our Democrats are right of center on a world stage. We are being fucked by insurance companies and the rest of the industrialized world has some legitimate form of universal health care. They take care of and help out families with kids.

How that is considered extreme is beyond me.
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, fattyflattie said:

Funny how people read this differently.   I’d posit he’s being drug down by the wants of the extremes on his side. 

You, Immaculate, Wulaw, BrothaHorn, Poe, Sack, Trey, Seed, etc., are never ever going to vote D for president regardless. You can collectively say you don't like Trump, and hell I even believe you. But your vote is lost, it isn't coming back. I think there's a lot more potential votes to get trying to help people that need help than trying to reach those who are already lost.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 4

What do you mean here? Are you saying you think Biden’s approval is low because people don’t like the progressive wing of the democratic platform? That’s kind of silly because he won decisively campaigning on governing much more progressively than he has.

Or that his approval is low because progressives do not approve? There’s probably some truth to this, myself included. But I think it’s relatively limited. The main culprit at this point is inflation.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Goofyboy said:

Further left. Yes. For fucks sake, we our Democrats are right of center on a world stage. We are being fucked by insurance companies and the rest of the industrialized world has some legitimate form of universal health care. They take care of and help out families with kids.

How that is considered extreme is beyond me.

Why would I give a solitary fuck how we stack up politically with Western Europe?  

1 hour ago, Serak The Preparer said:

You, Immaculate, Wulaw, BrothaHorn, Poe, Sack, Trey, Seed, etc., are never ever going to vote D for president regardless. You can collectively say you don't like Trump, and hell I even believe you. But your vote is lost, it isn't coming back. I think there's a lot more potential votes to get trying to help people that need help than trying to reach those who are already lost.

You are correct. I’d maybe consider voting for someone like Biden, but not when the progressives are the ones actually working the puppet. 

7 minutes ago, gmr548 said:

What do you mean here? Are you saying you think Biden’s approval is low because people don’t like the progressive wing of the democratic platform? That’s kind of silly because he won decisively campaigning on governing much more progressively than he has.

He won because he went against Trump.  Even the folks that held their nose the first time with Trump couldn’t do it again.  As we all know, a very small amount of him goes along way.  

• Hook 'Em 1

Jfc progressives can't even get him to cancel 10k in student debt, something he campaigned on.

How are progressives in any way leading him? I think there must be a gene that makes some people immune to cognitive dissonance

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 5

10 minutes ago, trauma babe said:

Jfc progressives can't even get him to cancel 10k in student debt, something he campaigned on.

How are progressives in any way leading him? I think there must be a gene that makes some people immune to cognitive dissonance

No shit? Maybe it’s because there a large portion of the country that doesn’t want to pay for that shit. It’s red meat for his progressive followers and a loser for every uneducated voter, and a loser for those of us that did what we said we’d do and paid our debts.

Say it with me. Free. Shit. Party.  

He won because he went against Trump.  Even the folks that held their nose the first time with Trump couldn’t do it again.  As we all know, a very small amount of him goes along way.  

Absolutely. But Biden won with 50-whatever percent of the popular vote and had a similar approval rating for the first eight months of his term. People know what they voted for and weren’t upset about it for a while.

So I’ll ask again since you didn’t answer. Is your contention that Biden’s approval rating has tanked because the he and Democrats have been too progressive? Or that progressives are abandoning him?

11 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

No shit? Maybe it’s because there a large portion of the country that doesn’t want to pay for that shit. It’s red meat for his progressive followers and a loser for every uneducated voter, and a loser for those of us that did what we said we’d do and paid our debts.

So the left isn't holding him hostage then? Which is it? 

How many that do have >330m people?  

I’m not sure why that matters. Cost? It’s cheaper than having medical insurance. Also, you’re not reliant on a job to have medical coverage. No one goes bankrupt due to getting sick. The studies have been done over and over and over. There are 152 better ideas for health care in the world. We should be leading and we aren’t because our government is owned by corporations.
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, gmr548 said:

Absolutely. But Biden won with 50-whatever percent of the popular vote and had a similar approval rating for the first eight months of his term. People know what they voted for and weren’t upset about it for a while.

So I’ll ask again since you didn’t answer. Is your contention that Biden’s approval rating has tanked because the he and Democrats have been too progressive? Or that progressives are abandoning him?

I believe his numbers are tanking because we have some big time fucking problems with the economy (not all his fault, although he hasnt done much to help), a fucking war (not his fault, doing fine I guess), and a very likely recession coming.  And our president cant read off a teleprompter.  He's got "good days' and "bad days" thats very clear to see for those of us who have lived it.   That's a scary thought.  You trust this guy that can't make his way thru a fucking sentence on a semi regular basis to lead us out of this?  OK. Glass half full guy I guess. 

I think the people that couldn't take Trump again are already at fuck this idiot stage.  And the progressives are still saying he's doing fine in the polls, but aren't happy either, because he hasn't done shit except for some affirmative action in the court.  Lets pay for deadbeat student loans!!!1!  Oh, that is polling like shit?  Let's go after the oil companies for price gouging!!!11!  Oh, that's not actually happening?  Fuck it, lets get some ice cream and try not to fuck anything else up. 

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, Goofyboy said:

I’m not sure why that matters. Cost? It’s cheaper than having medical insurance. Also, you’re not reliant on a job to have medical coverage.

Yeah, I;n sure it doesnt affect a single thing.  And we should definitely give people another reason to not have to work.

• Fuck You 1

1 hour ago, fattyflattie said:

And our president cant read off a teleprompter.  He's got "good days' and "bad days" thats very clear to see for those of us who have lived it.   That's a scary thought.  You trust this guy that can't make his way thru a fucking sentence on a semi regular basis to lead us out of this?  OK. Glass half full guy I guess. 

I think the people that couldn't take Trump again are already at fuck this idiot stage. 

8dbe2e1c-ef06-45a3-bda9-12e44b72018f_tex

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 3
  • Rage+1 1

Yeah, I;n sure it doesnt affect a single thing.  And we should definitely give people another reason to not have to work.

Good god you are hung up on people not working. Have you been broke / poor? It fucking sucks. Most people want to work, but they want to make enough to live.
You want people to work, but then bitch about their jobs not being worthy of a living wage. You want people to work, but fuckem if they have a kid that needs child care that costs more than they can make.
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, Goofyboy said:

Good god you are hung up on people not working. Have you been broke / poor? It fucking sucks. Most people want to work, but they want to make enough to live.
You want people to work, but then bitch about their jobs not being worthy of a living wage. You want people to work, but fuckem if they have a kid that needs child care that costs more than they can make.

but don't you dare consider an abortion!

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

I don't subscribe to the evangelical side of the R party. I was fine the way we had been living with RvW for the last 50 years. 

You can't separate yourself away from that anymore. You're a part of it

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

a man whose entire livelihood depends on free access to sewers complaining about other people getting free stuff.   the greatest involuntary transfer of wealth from the public at large to private hands and all fatty can think about is the people who have fuck all have too fucking much. 

GIF by FOX International Channels

Edited by elfenix
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, fattyflattie said:

Republicans. Want. Just. As. Much. Free. Shit.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

• immamac changed the title to Joe Biden 2022: Enter Dark Brandon