Joe Biden 2022: Enter Dark Brandon

Longboard Horn

Just now, elfenix said:

do you think your industry would be economic if it had to pay the costs generated by dumping nearly all of its waste products into the atmosphere?

What costs?  People will always need energy, in one form or another. Someone will make money on it, always. 

on top of that it's entirely horseshit for you to complain about how poor poors are after they've had $47,000,000,000,000 taken from them due to conservative economic policies.  this is what you @fattyflattie, wanted.  you asked for this.  every time you went into the voting booth and pulled that lever.  every single last goddamn time. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, fattyflattie said:

I believe his numbers are tanking because we have some big time fucking problems with the economy (not all his fault, although he hasnt done much to help), a fucking war (not his fault, doing fine I guess), and a very likely recession coming.  And our president cant read off a teleprompter.  He's got "good days' and "bad days" thats very clear to see for those of us who have lived it.   That's a scary thought.  You trust this guy that can't make his way thru a fucking sentence on a semi regular basis to lead us out of this?  OK. Glass half full guy I guess. 

I think the people that couldn't take Trump again are already at fuck this idiot stage.  And the progressives are still saying he's doing fine in the polls, but aren't happy either, because he hasn't done shit except for some affirmative action in the court.  Lets pay for deadbeat student loans!!!1!  Oh, that is polling like shit?  Let's go after the oil companies for price gouging!!!11!  Oh, that's not actually happening?  Fuck it, lets get some ice cream and try not to fuck anything else up. 

Okay. I think you're mostly manufacturing outrage/projecting personal feelings with the temperament stuff because it's never not been the case that Biden is ancient. And handling of the Russia/Ukraine war is one of the few places the administration polls well. But I agree with most of the first sentence - the economic situation is volatile at best and bleak at worse, and POTUS/party in power gets the blame for that every time.

But none of that squares with this:

8 hours ago, fattyflattie said:

Funny how people read this differently.   I’d posit he’s being drug down by the wants of the extremes on his side. 

I honestly just wanted to know how to read that comment, but it's becoming clear you have no interest in addressing it and just want to rant. I should have known better.

4 minutes ago, gmr548 said:

Okay. I think you're mostly manufacturing outrage/projecting personal feelings with the temperament stuff because it's never not been the case that Biden is ancient. And handling of the Russia/Ukraine war is one of the few places the administration polls well. But I agree with most of the first sentence - the economic situation is volatile at best and bleak at worse, and POTUS/party in power gets the blame for that every time.

But none of that squares with this:

I honestly just wanted to know how to read that comment, but it's becoming clear you have no interest in addressing it and just want to rant. I should have known better.

I thought I was clear, but maybe not, been a long day.  

I believe he was helped into office (legitimately by the way) buy a bunch of people who have no problem pulling the lever for an R, so long as they aren’t Trump. They’ve tired of the constant progressive shit that’s being floated, but not implemented, because we have actual issues right now. No one gaf about your pet progressive project when the economy is tanked. He’s catching shit because things suck right now, and instead of working on it, he’s sending much needed formula to the border to buy more votes.  

• Fuck You 2

3 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

I thought I was clear, but maybe not, been a long day.  

I believe he was helped into office (legitimately by the way) buy a bunch of people who have no problem pulling the lever for an R, so long as they aren’t Trump. They’ve tired of the constant progressive shit that’s being floated, but not implemented, because we have actual issues right now. No one gaf about your pet progressive project when the economy is tanked. He’s catching shit because things suck right now, and instead of working on it, he’s sending much needed formula to the border to buy more votes.  

What do Republicans want to do about the actual issues?

Be specific.

2 minutes ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

That’s what’s broken about America. No, seriously, 

Ok. They shouldn’t be piles of shit.  Why is it ok to be a straight party guy for D, but not for R?  Site is filled with people who have disgust for anyone with an R behind their name. That’s exactly how I feel, but about D. Not hard to understand.   The professionals on this site finance what’s wrong with America.  

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Fuck You 1

2 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

Ok. They shouldn’t be piles of shit.  Why is it ok to be a straight party guy for D, but not for R?  Site is filled with people who have disgust for anyone with an R behind their name. That’s exactly how I feel, but about D. Not hard to understand.   The professionals on this site finance what’s wrong with America.  

Look up the Southern Strategy.

That's why.

2 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

Look up the Southern Strategy.

That's why.

Decade before I was born bud.  Are you ok with everything politicians did since the 60's and 70's, or just not ok with what the other side did?

2 minutes ago, trauma babe said:

Fatty seems to think that he's somehow fighting back against liberals or the left or whichever monster he imagines is out to get him, but all he is doing is poisoning his soul. 

Give a little of your soul everyday, working overtime, to keep the wolves away.  

Maybe if I was more religious, it would all make more sense. 

15 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

Partisan tribalism is bad, period. Corporations don’t identify with a party. Why should you?

When you commit to party as identity, you give away your vote for nothing. I vote my interests. They are broad and forward looking but they are mine alone and I will vote them, period, and failing that I will vote against incumbents who should not keep their jobs.  

Edited by Bozo_Casanova
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

Partisan tribalism is bad, period. Corporations don’t identify with a party. Why should you?

as y soon as you commit to that, you give away your vote for nothing. I vote my interests, period. 

I believe you.  I vote for my interests too, period.  So what is the difference?

1 minute ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

Do you? What are they? Earlier you said not being Democrats was enough.

Number of holes they are willing to put in the ground affects me more than all the other issues combined.  How much I pay back quarterly comes second.  All the other red meat shit is just things for us to argue about on the internet.  Entertainment. 

7 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

Number of holes they are willing to put in the ground affects me more than all the other issues combined.  How much I pay back quarterly comes second.  All the other red meat shit is just things for us to argue about on the internet.  Entertainment. 

Oh and don’t gift me this dollars and cents bullshit either. How much more do you pay because they won’t ever reform school property taxes? Please. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

There is no they. Does Greg Abbott deserve to keep his job? How about Ted Cruz?

No.  I wish someone better would replace them. Beto would like to tread on the one red meat topic I care about, so I would literally vote for anyone running against him.  But wish in one hand, shit in another and all that. 

• Hook 'Em 2

2 minutes ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

Oh and don’t gift me this dollars and cents bullshit either. How much more do you pay because they won’t ever reform school property taxes? Please. 

Not fucking nearly the delta earned when the going is great, vs good. 

• Hook 'Em 1

9 hours ago, fattyflattie said:

No.  I wish someone better would replace them. Beto would like to tread on the one red meat topic I care about, so I would literally vote for anyone running against him.  But wish in one hand, shit in another and all that. 

But surely you acknowledge that Beto would not be able to accomplish anything along those lines, correct? So why vote again him? 

But surely you acknowledge that Beto would not be able to accomplish anything along those lines, correct? So why vote again him? 

Because he said he was gonna take guns away three years ago. Never mind that Beto’s platform has changed to listening to law enforcement and getting rid of open carry.

Public schools going to shit, power grid failing, Abbott costing us billions, weed staying illegal, the insane abortion laws…. None of that matters. . Just his precious gun.
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2
  • Fuck You 1
  • Rage+1 2

23 minutes ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

Why would I acknowledge that?  We saw what Newsom tried when the Texas abortion “ban” into effect.  Forget the hobby impact for a moment, it would be a huge financial implication. Why wouldn’t I protect vote to protect that? 

13 minutes ago, Goofyboy said:

Public schools going to shit, power grid failing, Abbott costing us billions, weed staying illegal, the insane abortion laws…. None of that matters. emoji849.png. Just his precious gun.

Oh no, your precious weed still isn’t legal?  Crying about your pet issues while denigrating someone else’s is lol. Especially when adding super cereal issues like pot legalization. 

• Hook 'Em 1

27 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

Why would I acknowledge that?  We saw what Newsom tried when the Texas abortion “ban” into effect.  Forget the hobby impact for a moment, it would be a huge financial implication. Why wouldn’t I protect vote to protect that? 

That makes no sense at all. You realize that Beto wouldn’t have the votes in the lege, right? And also that it doesn’t take people’s guns away?

You’re making excuses to reward cynicism, failure and incompetence. I say it should be punished consistently.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2
  • Fuck You 1

11 minutes ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

That makes no sense at all. You realize that Beto wouldn’t have the votes in the lege, right? And also that it doesn’t take people’s guns away?

You’re making excuses to reward cynicism, failure and incompetence. I say it should be punished consistently.

I guess. I’ve been told I was an idiot for 10 years about slippery slope, hrrr drrrr. And now all I see are those same exact posters talking about the slippery slope of losing RvW is. Just another this is important to me but will never happen to your stupid cause. Call me skeptical about everything at this point.  

I really don’t like the fact he’s a swarmy douche, either. And his policies tend to change alongside what’s polling well, but I’ll give him a small break on that since he’s a pol, and pol going to pol.

eta: take guns away is a boogeyman. I don’t care for any further restriction at the state level either. So it’s not “take your guns away” it’s more “change a single thing that’s not adding additional rights”. 

Edited by fattyflattie

I listed four things. I stoped at four because I didn’t want to list everything. I could also link to Beto’s platform, but you won’t read it. You picked one issue out of the only four Iisted (which 70% or so of Texans want) and said I have a single issue. That doesn’t work like that.

8 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

To my knowledge, Beto has never said anything beyond his desire to buy back AR-15 and AK-47 weapons.  If somebody has a link to him proposing a broader buyback, please provide a link.

Probably not. He can get fucked on using tax dollars for a buyback, too. An entire political career down the drain in 20 seconds. You hate to see it. 

1 hour ago, fattyflattie said:

Oh no, your precious weed still isn’t legal?  Crying about your pet issues while denigrating someone else’s is lol. Especially when adding super cereal issues like pot legalization. 

Weed isn’t a pet issue you fucking douchebag. People are spending their lives in prison for smoking a flower. Apparently you support the war on drugs as well as all the other disgusting, abhorrent positions you’ve displayed 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 3
  • Fuck You 1

32 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

I guess. I’ve been told I was an idiot for 10 years about slippery slope, hrrr drrrr. And now all I see are those same exact posters talking about the slippery slope of losing RvW is. Just another this is important to me but will never happen to your stupid cause. Call me skeptical about everything at this point.  

I really don’t like the fact he’s a swarmy douche, either. And his policies tend to change alongside what’s polling well, but I’ll give him a small break on that since he’s a pol, and pol going to pol.

eta: take guns away is a boogeyman. I don’t care for any further restriction at the state level either. So it’s not “take your guns away” it’s more “change a single thing that’s not adding additional rights”. 

Yes politicians definitely should hold firmly to every position they’ve ever taken even when their constituents are saying that want different. We get the government we deserve

• Hook 'Em 1

Just to put a number on it, I estimate it would cost ~ $9.3B to buy back every AR-15 in America, using mid-range estimates of number and cost (7.5M @ $1.25K per).  This would ostensibly be a one-time spend.

Trump's annual subsidy to farmers averaged $14B per year.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

10 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

Just to put a number on it, I estimate it would cost ~ $9.3B to buy back every AR-15 in America, using mid-range estimates of number and cost (7.5M @ $1.25K per).  This would ostensibly be a one-time spend.

Trump's annual subsidy to farmers averaged $14B per year.

1.25?  No one is taking a 70% loss on their KA, DD, and Larues.   

27 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

1.25?  No one is taking a 70% loss on their KA, DD, and Larues.   

According to the interwebs, AR-15 pricing ranges from $500 to $2000.  I used the middle of the range.  My point stands, despite your pedantry.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 1

Just now, jimmyjazz said:

According to the interwebs, AR-15 pricing ranges from $500 to $2000.  I used the middle of the range.  My point stands, despite your pedantry.

I’m just telling you why it won’t happen. There has to be some incentive.  Give me your 4k rifle and I’ll give you 1500, and wackos will still shoot up the school but you’ll feel better isn’t a great sales pitch. 

8 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

I’m just telling you why it won’t happen. There has to be some incentive.  Give me your 4k rifle and I’ll give you 1500, and wackos will still shoot up the school but you’ll feel better isn’t a great sales pitch. 

Jesus Christ.  The buyback pricing would vary according to the value of the individual weapon.  My simple math was an attempt to put a cost on the whole program.

Long walk, short pier, look into it.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

2 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

Jesus Christ.  The buyback pricing would vary according to the value of the individual weapon.  My simple math was an attempt to put a cost on the whole program.

Long walk, short pier, look into it.

Apologies for not understanding the details of your masturbatory hypothetical.  Sounds like it would be a great time to hold, let the supply decrease, and gain value.  The high and mighty could take theirs out of circulation today, melt them right down. 

12 hours ago, fattyflattie said:

Not be Democrats.  That’s good enough for me. 

You are,seriously, broken.  “Fascism is fine, as long as those damn libs get theirs.”

You and your ilk  are the types of cunts who will be responsible for us becoming a totalitarian state.

Go fuck yourself.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 4

9 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

Apologies for not understanding the details of your masturbatory hypothetical.  Sounds like it would be a great time to hold, let the supply decrease, and gain value.  The high and mighty could take theirs out of circulation today, melt them right down. 

The buyback price would be set on day 1, and would not change.  The "incentive" would be that anyone who does not turn their AR-15 in for a full purchase price refund becomes a felon on Day 366.  Enjoy "masturbating" in prison.  (Fill in your own fantasy.)

• Fuck You 1

• immamac changed the title to Joe Biden 2022: Enter Dark Brandon