2022 Rain Thread

South Austin

On 5/18/2022 at 6:56 PM, phdhorn said:

We're going to get a good amount of rain. Yes, yes we are. No, we are. Yes, we are.

What partt of this didn't YOU PEOPLE understand?? Huh?

(Although I stayed overnight in Lockhart after my kid's wedding.  Didn't seem to rain much here. I think forcefield parked it here. But apparently Bee Cave got lots of rain... As always).

Staying in Lockhart is... unique. Best Western, baby!

Haven't gone to the weather videotape the past 2 days due to wedding prep, so haven't followed the updates.  But 2 days ago models were VERY aggressive with tons of rain starting Monday but especially midweek.  I'll follow up today as it might be an extreme (I.e. flooding) scenario.  I'll be back evening

2 hours ago, South Austin said:

Whatever we got in Brentwood, I slept through it and it wasn’t much, because it still looks pretty dry outside my house.

The LCRA map this morning was strange. Based on what I saw at my place, I thought the whole city was inundated. Turns out Bull Creek was about the bullseye, a little south or north was almost nothing. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, South Austin said:

Whatever we got in Brentwood, I slept through it and it wasn’t much, because it still looks pretty dry outside my house.

really?? that's too bad...i'm in Wooten and we got absolutely drenched for a couple hours. glorious! 😊

image.png.9fe3065c5eced5720e7be3ab835e1994.png

Have no idea what Wunderground uses for their "model" but tomorrow looks like the better chance (78751). 

Edit - weather.gov seems to agree

image.png.f494b75670bca196a69fa8eef7250ee6.png

Hazardous Weather Outlook National Weather Service Austin/San Antonio TX 232 PM CDT Mon May 23 2022 TXZ171>173-183>194-202>209-217>225-228-241945- Llano-Burnet-Williamson-Val Verde-Edwards-Real-Kerr-Bandera- Gillespie-Kendall-Blanco-Hays-Travis-Bastrop-Lee-Kinney-Uvalde- Medina-Bexar-Comal-Guadalupe-Caldwell-Fayette-Maverick-Zavala- Frio-Atascosa-Wilson-Karnes-Gonzales-De Witt-Lavaca-Dimmit- 232 PM CDT Mon May 23 2022 This Hazardous Weather Outlook is for South-Central Texas.. .

DAY ONE...This Afternoon And Tonight. Showers and thunderstorms will impact portions of the Rio Grande late this afternoon and move east through portions of the remainder of South Central Texas this evening through the overnight. A few storms could become strong to severe, with gusty winds and large hail possible. An isolated tornado cannot be ruled out. Pockets of locally heavy rainfall occurring quickly are also possible, which could lead to minor urban or small stream flooding.

DAYS TWO THROUGH SEVEN...Tuesday through Sunday. A complex of storms is likely to impact South Central Texas late Tuesday evening into Wednesday morning. Some storms could become severe, producing large hail and damaging wind gusts. There is also a low chance for an isolated tornado or two. The complex of storms is likely to bring pockets of locally heavy rainfall Tuesday night into Wednesday morning, which could lead to localized flash flooding of urban areas and small streams.

Edited by Blotto

Well it was a harrowing moment for my folks between Lometa and San Saba earlier. Somebody else here has a property just a couple miles from us on the river, but I’m blanking on the name. That tornado that Yeomans thought he saw on the radar was damn near on top of em. Fortunately no damage that they could spot from the house, but line of sight is pretty limited in 3 directions. Solid soaking though which is a godsend!

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1