Vasectomy

Biff Tannen

7 minutes ago, VolenteHawk said:

Lucky. My conversation went...

”Into the cup? Ewww that’s too clinical.”

”Fine, I’ll just go beat off.”

Oh, I'll probably have to beat it for the test sample.  I meant that she's helping me get to the 20 ejaculations before the sample in short order.   

7 hours ago, South Austin said:

I meant that she's helping me get to the 20 ejaculations before the sample in short order.

I went with about 100, as to make damn sure.  I have buddy that could never pass it, and had to get it done again, and last I recall it was still up in the air.   I wanted to be 10000000% sure.  

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Baconboy said:

So did you do the no-scalpel/keyhole vasectomy or the traditional? 

I think that was it, but am not sure.  There was a incredibly small incision that was closed with a self-absorbing suture.  Didn't look to see how the doc got inside the scrotum and didn't care to ask.  Took about 15 minutes.

22 hours ago, Anastasis said:

Biggest takeaway from my vasectomy is the unbridled joy of a freshly shaven scrote.  

Think I mentioned before, 40 years ago when the young lady nurse was shaving mine to prep for the procedure, a friend of hers (not a medical staffer) knocked on the door & came in to chat. Both gals carried on with their gab while I was sweating that the nurse would get careless with the razor.
Guess they were unimpressed, but at least didn’t laugh.

First time to “take a specimen” was a lot of fun. Mrs. Brat was pretty frisky in those days.

• Hook 'Em 1

25 minutes ago, Baconboy said:

So did you do the no-scalpel/keyhole vasectomy or the traditional? 

Mine was done by a blacksmith. I think he used a grappling hook and a knife heated in the coals.

Edited by Armybrat
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 6
  • Haha 2

23 hours ago, Anastasis said:

Biggest takeaway from my vasectomy is the unbridled joy of a freshly shaven scrote.  

21 minutes ago, Armybrat said:

Think I mentioned before, 40 years ago when the young lady nurse was shaving mine to prep for the procedure, a friend of hers (not a medical staffer) knocked on the door & came in to chat. Both gals carried on with their gab while I was sweating that the nurse would get careless with the razor.  Guess they were unimpressed, but at least didn’t laugh.  First time to “take a specimen” was a lot of fun. Mrs. Brat was pretty frisky in those days.

Vasectomy talk with hilarity... Gotta Love Surly!!

Edited by LTtxfan

I had to have torsion surgery, so I got snipped since the doc was going in there anyway. I was in pain for days, still have sensitive balls, even more than a decade after the surgery, but that could be in my head or left over from the torsion. Either way, I'm glad it was done. Never had to wear a rubber with wife #2, it's been great.

1 hour ago, Sandman said:

Never had to wear a rubber with wife #2, it's been great.

I never realized how much I hated wearing a condom until having sex for the first time since my divorce.  Before then, it had been about 18 years since I had to put on a raincoat.  Maybe this is being more virile in your 20s, but I don't recall that much of a loss of sensation when I put on a rubber way back then.  Now if feels like I'm wearing a hot water bottle that's been laced with a numbing agent.  Can't wait for my urologist to clear me and I can return to banging bareback.  

1 hour ago, South Austin said:

I never realized how much I hated wearing a condom until having sex for the first time since my divorce.  Before then, it had been about 18 years since I had to put on a raincoat.  Maybe this is being more virile in your 20s, but I don't recall that much of a loss of sensation when I put on a rubber way back then.  Now if feels like I'm wearing a hot water bottle that's been laced with a numbing agent.  Can't wait for my urologist to clear me and I can return to banging bareback.  

I think we were so hyped up to be getting laid in our 20s, we didn't care about all of the sensations. I know I didn't, I just wanted to bang away.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Chips O'Toole said:

Scheduled a consult for next week to get it done by Shaw.

My balls are already nervous.

Don't be a pussy.  You'll be fine.

Okay, I was a bit nervous heading into the procedure, as one normally would be when a doctor is about to cut into you, especially between the legs.  But take the Valium 30 minutes before you go, two if you have a decent tolerance to alcohol.  It'll take the edge off, and you should be out of there in about 15 minutes. 

Significant swelling and other complications can occur, but I really think those are in the minority.  I'm over a month past my vasectomy and have been running the past couple weeks and feel fine.  Just waiting confirmation from the doctor that I'm shooting blanks.

I used Dr Williams, was in and out and not a big deal. No needle, no scalpel, can’t imagine why anyone would do it another way.

Only hiccup was that I had a negative sample and then a positive on the second one somehow.  Had to do 2 more to ensure I was good to go.

Stupid sip. I can DIY for $30 down at the tractor supply. Advantage aggy.

5943496a080c8aaa8f79979055a79287.jpg

09870c57782d98b64e6b725eeff80ef1.jpg

Bands. Pfft.

45c08ac8e3386f9aa59136c1e0030bc6.jpg

For real tho, whatever you do, don’t use the guy Lyn did. My experience in thread above above. I like to think my nuts are just kick ass studs, and not that my doc couldn’t properly administer a local.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 2

Williams is the call in the Houston area.....but I won't keep repeating myself like Goofy.

Drove my self there and back after the procedure - That was 90 miles each way at the time.  

No scalpel, no stitch, didn't take a pill.  Barely sore - went to work the next day.

Cannot fathom going through more pain, risk complications, and a undergo a bigger ordeal when it isn't medically necessary to get the same result.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, fattyflattie said:

Bands. Pfft.

45c08ac8e3386f9aa59136c1e0030bc6.jpg

For real tho, whatever you do, don’t use the guy Lyn did. My experience in thread above above. I like to think my nuts are just kick ass studs, and not that my doc couldn’t properly administer a local.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LOL, we'd have to beat the dogs back with sticks to keep them away.  Horns, hoofs, and manhood....three of their favorite days.  

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 6/12/2020 at 8:31 AM, Llano Estacado said:

Stupid sip. I can DIY for $30 down at the tractor supply. Advantage aggy.

5943496a080c8aaa8f79979055a79287.jpg

09870c57782d98b64e6b725eeff80ef1.jpg

When I got the referral from my doc, I asked her what I was in for (she'd told me she'd give me her husband's doc's name).  She said, it's so easy, I could do it with a pocket knife at a cub scout camp out. 

I responded, "Why would you do that?"

I have a different doc now.

• Hook 'Em 1

On 7/20/2020 at 9:33 PM, Prepuce of Doom said:

Was supposed to be neutered on the first Friday morning of March Madness this year, but alas... 

Same here.  Well, actually I was scheduled the 2nd week of Jan. but had a scheduling mixup with my wife.  Rescheduled to March Madness.  There was a scheduling snafu at the Dr. office so rescheduled for April.  Office closed, so rescheduled again to first week of July.  My wife was convinced the universe was telling us we needed another baby.  I disagreed.  Got snipped before July 4th and was back running again 10 days later.  Dr. Trotter in Austin did great work.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
16 hours ago, Goofyboy said:

I enjoyed my time with him.

I wouldn't say I "enjoyed" it, but hey....you do you.

I will say it was a far better experience than all these stories up-thread about stitches, pain, swelling, and being stove up for days.

Walk in, walk out, and drive yourself back to the office or home.  Take it easy on the running or workouts for a few days and put it behind you.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, tokamak said:

Not using it as an excuse to lay around being lazy for at least a weekend seems like a huge mistake.

I'm married, busy at work, busy at home, and have two young children. Sorry honey, balls hurt, better stay on this couch for three days.

Oh yes this. My wife took the kids to her parents' house and I played music, video games and ordered takeout all weekend. It was the highlight of my year so far. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

• 3 months later...

Got mine this past Wednesday. The “no scalpel” method. Dr. Floyd at Urology Austin. 
Really pretty minimal discomfort, especially compared to the fucking kidney stones I’m currently dealing with. These little motherfuckers are the absolute worst pain I’ve ever dealt with. Unreal. 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Shout out to Dr. Dickinson at Austin Urology in Buda. Got mine done yesterday. In and out in 20 minutes. Talked about March Madness the whole time. Woke up this morning expecting pain and I have zero. Feels like I could go play 18 if I wanted to. Bonus that his assistant is pretty hot.

4 hours ago, BradInATX said:

Shout out to Dr. Dickinson at Austin Urology in Buda. Got mine done yesterday. In and out in 20 minutes. Talked about March Madness the whole time. Woke up this morning expecting pain and I have zero. Feels like I could go play 18 if I wanted to. Bonus that his assistant is pretty hot.

I hope you're being less honest with your wife.  If you're not gonna be waited on for the weekend then what's the point?