Texas Women's Tennis 2022

Js1

Texas faces UNC tomorrow. UNC beat Pepperdine 4-3 after Pepperdine's number 4 player got injured in doubles, meaning 5-7 had to move up a line.

The Good News: Peyton's not facing Navarro tomorrow. And hopefully Peyton got her one bad match out of the way just like last year.

The Bad News: UNC's middle lineup is a lot stronger than Virginia. And there's >80% chance of rain tomorrow, so likely indoors against the indoor champions for the past three (or is it four?) years.

59 minutes ago, Aleemay said:

Texas faces UNC tomorrow. UNC beat Pepperdine 4-3 after Pepperdine's number 4 player got injured in doubles, meaning 5-7 had to move up a line.

The Good News: Peyton's not facing Navarro tomorrow. And hopefully Peyton got her one bad match out of the way just like last year.

The Bad News: UNC's middle lineup is a lot stronger than Virginia. And there's >80% chance of rain tomorrow, so likely indoors against the indoor champions for the past three (or is it four?) years.

Like I mentioned this morning, rain was nowhere near Urbana-Champaign this morning, yet they played all matches indoors. Seems like if there is any chance of rain, it will be indoors...which is dumb.

54 minutes ago, perfectchaos007 said:

Like I mentioned this morning, rain was nowhere near Urbana-Champaign this morning, yet they played all matches indoors. Seems like if there is any chance of rain, it will be indoors...which is dumb.

Duke and NC State are actually playing outdoors right now. Literally so random.

UNC is worthy of their #1 seed but they don't handle pressure particularly well. They were giving points away today and the same happened last season. They are such a good team that they aren't forced to play many tight matches which can be disadvantageous this time of the year. 

This feels like a match where Texas needs to survive early and force the pressure to creep in. 

• Hook 'Em 1

18 hours ago, perfectchaos007 said:

17 hours ago, Aleemay said:

Duke and NC State are actually playing outdoors right now. Literally so random.

We are playing outdoors 

22 minutes ago, Aleemay said:

Collins rolled the dice on deuce point, really aggressive second serve. Caught Scotty by surprised.

Both Collins and Scotty seemed to be breaking serve a lot. 

I didn't watch until the end but it looked like Collins issue was not getting the 1st serve in and then Scotty feasting on the 2nd serve. 

21 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

That went about as expected. UNC is really good but they seem to crumble under pressure. 

Who is the better match up OU or Duke? 

UNC must be wondering what it takes; champions of the national indoors 4 out of the past 5 years yet has NEVER even made it to the final

Question of OU and Duke is quite interesting. As I mentioned above, OU is missing their number 3 player Chantra who is playing at the Southeast Asian Games. She has a doubles final to play in the next three hours. I'm wondering if she can catch a flight to play tomorrow if OU advances? She has been rock solid and I would play her if I were the OU coach even if there's jetlag issues. Of course, Texas beat OU at the Big 12 Championships and should have confidence against OU.

Duke last night did not play their number 5 player Biolkin. She did play doubles though. Regardless, I like Texas' lower lineup against Duke's. Duke has Kelly Chen at number 4 who was a prior NCAA individual finalist.

I believe tonight OU is going to win lines 5-6. Duke will win line 4. The rest should be interesting to see. 

Edited by Aleemay
  • Hook 'Em 2

I agree with Aleemay that Duke is likely the more favorable match up. 

Their line 5 and 6 players aren't very good. Think Texas would be heavy favorites on line 5 and 6. Duke's strength seems to be the middle of their singles lineup but if you give Texas a 2-0 cushion at the bottom I believe they can find 2 more points. 

Hopefully, this is outdoors tomorrow. 

4-1 loss indoors at ITA Nationals. 

4-3 loss outdoors (in Norman)

4-2 win outdoors (in Fort Worth)

Both of those matches ended up playing outdoors didn't they? Texas is better outdoors but Texas has probably improved based on how many young players are in the lineup. That 4-1 loss indoors was early in the season. 

The 2-1 record for OU is a bit deceiving based on them having a home court match, 1 of those wins happening indoors, and how young Texas was early in the season. 

Edited by Rickylovesweed

31 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

Was it also on the TennisOne app last year in the finals while also being on TC? 

I kind of prefer the TennisOne app because I can watch multiple courts at the same time. 

It was not on the app last year

I also think it's virtually impossible to leave Vietnam and get to Illinois within 20 hours.