Wordle [spoilers inevitable but discouraged]

Prepuce of Doom

6 hours ago, TwiceHorn said:

205 had me going for a bit until I remembered that letters can repeat.

I kind of don’t like that. It seems counterintuitive. They should at least tell you that letters can be used more than once. I started out assuming they couldn’t. Then I found that given the letters I had and the letters left available to me, I couldn’t make a real word. That’s when I figured out repeats had to be allowed.

Also, I’m wondering if and how often they’ll use plurals, just four letter words with an “S” added to the end. Like “WORDS.” I feel like that would be sort of disappointing too but I can’t really make a good argument against that or repeated letters. 

not bad. i smart! 😜

Wordle 204 3/6

🟨
🟩🟨🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

ETA: regarding repeating letters...i admit for the above, i had just read the posts about that so it was at the forefront of my mind...the solution just jumped out at me on the keyboard based on that and the letters i identified on my first two tries. 

also, i find that BEACH is a good first guess - the two most popular vowels along with a couple of pretty common letters. i've only done 4 puzzles but i've hit at least one letter on my first guess each time. 

Edited by mchookem

I am trying to think through if you get one or two letters correct but not in the right spot on the first guess, is it worth guessing another word with none of those letters so you can flesh out a few more letters? I am thinking probably not, but curious to other thoughts.

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, fluff said:

I am trying to think through if you get one or two letters correct but not in the right spot on the first guess, is it worth guessing another word with none of those letters so you can flesh out a few more letters? I am thinking probably not, but curious to other thoughts.

Wordle 205 4/6

🟩🟩
🟨
🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Yeah, I've been entering two words and 10 unique letters before I start to think about solving it.

• Hook 'Em 1

• Prepuce of Doom changed the title to Wordle [spoilers inevitable but discouraged]