New graphics card, is it possible to find them at MSRP?

Hozz

Yes* with luck and patience. A lot of both. Read the Reddit threads on when various retailers refresh stock, set your alarm and go refresh their sites at those times, and maybe in a few weeks you get one. You could hire a bot to do it, but the retailers have gotten pretty good at filtering the cheaper bots.

9 hours ago, Hozz said:

I have a 2060 and wanted to upgrade to a 3060ti which lists for $400 MSRP.  However everywhere with them in stock is selling them for $950-$1000.  Is it possible to find one for MSRP?

you can buy a pre-built and harvest the card and sell the components and get back to MSRP. 

On 1/6/2022 at 10:11 PM, immamac said:

you can buy a pre-built and harvest the card and sell the components and get back to MSRP. 

Yeah I didn't want to have to do this but it looks that its either that or pay like 250-300% of MSRP for a card.

15 hours ago, speed817 said:

Went to microcenter in Dallas this morning around 11am. They had 20 or so 3060 ($549) and 3070 ti ($949) GPUs available. Pass up on the 3070 ti as I'm still willing to wait on a 3080.

I guess that is the new normal but those are both higher than MSRP.  3060 was $330 MSRP and the 3070 Ti $600.  

Microcenter in Houston by Galleria I know you can still get them at MSRP and they get stock weekly, might require a few trips to get certain one though.  They limit to 1 card per month per household and are strict on it (thankfully) as seems to keep them available for others.  We've bought multiple 3090s for work here over past 6 months. I've got a 3060Ti for personal use as well.  You can only can get in person and they run "text" lottery on busy days but often people are looking for specific cards and you can find one available later in the day behind the counter. (online stock is pretty accurate as to what they have)

Yeah I am in SA so in person Microcenter is not an option for me.

My online attempts continue to go poorly

Newegg shuffle seems like a waste of time but it only takes like 2 minutes a day to do so I keep doing it.

Yesterday one of the twitter accounts gave notice that Best Buy was going to be restocking.  So I got on there and waited.  They ended up starting around 11 a central or so and it lasted about 70 minutes.  I was watching all of their 3060 Ti models.  I got some added to my cart in literal seconds from them going back in stock and still came up empty.  

16 minutes ago, Dutchrudder said:

I know a guy on discord using a bot to buy stuff when he can get it. Video cards, PS5s, Xbox, whatever. If you have discord I can send you his info to chat with him about it. I think he charges $50 as a finders fee.

what a fucking shithead.

1 hour ago, Dutchrudder said:

I know a guy on discord using a bot to buy stuff when he can get it. Video cards, PS5s, Xbox, whatever. If you have discord I can send you his info to chat with him about it. I think he charges $50 as a finders fee.

Appreciate the offer, and its tempting because I don't see myself getting one without buying a brand new system and I don't want to do that mid way through the life cycle of the 3000 series.  But I hate scalping so I can't.

13 minutes ago, immamac said:

how about he doesn't do it at all and fucking lets people who want to buy them buy them. 

The markup on 3060ti is like 250% on secondary channels, asking for $50 for one of the most difficult to land cards is not that unreasonable. If you want a non specific 3070, he would probably do that for me for free. Maybe 20 bucks for someone he doesn't know. 3060ti is really tough to get, and of he's not getting one, some one else with a bot will. The guy setup a bot system on a cloud hosted server. He's asking for a few bucks for the trouble, and it's not expensive when you consider the alternative.  

5 minutes ago, Dutchrudder said:

The markup on 3060ti is like 250% on secondary channels, asking for $50 for one of the most difficult to land cards is not that unreasonable. If you want a non specific 3070, he would probably do that for me for free. Maybe 20 bucks for someone he doesn't know. 3060ti is really tough to get, and of he's not getting one, some one else with a bot will. The guy setup a bot system on a cloud hosted server. He's asking for a few bucks for the trouble, and it's not expensive when you consider the alternative.  

lol there is no primary market because of assclowns like this guy botting it.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Hawndoh said:

Anyone that uses a bot to scalp that stuff should die in a fire.

TBH it seems like everyone getting them must be using a bot.  See my Best Buy anecdote.  I literally was refreshing the page manually and going from sold out to add to cart in less than 3 seconds probably, and then adding it and still not getting one.

12 hours ago, immamac said:

lol there is no primary market because of assclowns like this guy botting it.

There are tens of thousands of people doing this. Hell I was able to setup a script to get myself a 3070 from Best Buy last year, it's very simple to do. Without that script, which I got from a random discord community that hunts video cards, I would not have gotten one. I didn't have to program anything, it was super simple to setup. It's the way the world works now, all thanks to the crypto miners sucking the supply dry. 

The guy I'm talking about is not snatching up everything in sight to scalp, he's looking for specific items requested by friends and family. He's an IT guy that built his own bot system for fun to see if he could do it. He's willing to try to find stuff if people request it.  If he knew you personally, he would do it for free. 

yeah, without a Microcenter nearby or using a bot it's very unlikely you'll ever be able to get one MSRP.  It's still a long way off but ~ September/October of this year things should be a little easier with NVIDIA, AMD, and Intel all launching new GPU lines.  Doesn't mean will be easy, but opportunity to pickup a used 3060Ti as others look to upgrade.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...