Sell. Me. A. Pillow.

Sandman

I need a new pillow. I really don't want to spend $100+ but it's looking like I'll have to in order to get a decent one. I'd rather have one that's more firm than soft. I do NOT want one that calls for you to remove or add stuffing whenever you want because I don't want to have a bag of pillow guts in the hall closet for future needs. 

My wife is happy with her Tempurpedic pillow we got with our bed but fuck, it's $189 on amazon and that's ridiculous IMO. It also feels a bit too soft for my needs. I just want a supportive, king size pillow that's not too expensive.

Just bought me and Mrs. MM the
Plush Comfort pillow (ultimate) from Sleep Number. Absolutely love it. They have 3 smaller pillows in one so you can remove or add pillows as you see fit. Comes with a card that lets you know how many pillows you need for certain sleep positions e.g side, back, stomach.

https://www.sleepnumber.com/products/pillow-pcp

• Hook 'Em 1

22 hours ago, Mother mopar said:

Plush Comfort pillow (ultimate) from Sleep Number. Absolutely love it. They have 3 smaller pillows in one so you can remove or add pillows as you see fit. Comes with a card that lets you know how many pillows you need for certain sleep positions e.g side, back, stomach.

4-inch thick, contoured, gel topped, memory foam pillow from sleep number is my go-to.  It's over $100.  But I need what I need. 

Edited by dcbc

22 hours ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

Obligatory:

Mike%20Lindell%202

How does he get to sleep with a pillow made of cocaine?  Oh yeah, I forgot.  He was sent by the Lord. 

That's one bedtime scale you don't wanna mess up, lest you get shanked by your south-of-the-border supplier  

Edited by Lobo

22 hours ago, Mother mopar said:

I have this one, and love it

On 1/8/2022 at 4:59 PM, Sandman said:

I need a new pillow. I really don't want to spend $100+ but it's looking like I'll have to in order to get a decent one. I'd rather have one that's more firm than soft. I do NOT want one that calls for you to remove or add stuffing whenever you want because I don't want to have a bag of pillow guts in the hall closet for future needs. 

My wife is happy with her Tempurpedic pillow we got with our bed but fuck, it's $189 on amazon and that's ridiculous IMO. It also feels a bit too soft for my needs. I just want a supportive, king size pillow that's not too expensive.

I'm a side sleeper and I have been able to find decent pillows at Bed Bath and Beyond. If you go to their website it lets you filter by size, fill material, and your sleep position. I've found some pretty good pillows for under $100, but they are standard size, so that may be why they're a little less pricey. My husband prefers down, but those are more expensive. I don't much care for the foamy ones though. I think the last one we bought was down alternative or something like that. I agree with you on not wanting more extraneous material to clutter the linen closet.

Just got a Coop Home Goods Original pillow a couple weeks ago. $70 on Amazon.  It is adjustable meaning you can add fill (included) to make it firmer. 

Prior to that, I was sleeping on a very firm small memory foam on top of a very soft king pillow. Weird, but it worked fine for me. Biggest issues were having to deal with 2 pillows separately and also wanting a king size. 

After adding all the fill to the new pillow, it's been working pretty well. Comfortable, good sleep (relatively speaking, I always wake up at least once a night)  and very little snoring

• 2 weeks later...

Update:

Bought the $14 Target "extra firm" pillow: fucking joke. It went flat as a pancake as soon as I put my head on it. I tossed it in my kid's room, she doesn't really live here anymore so she'll never notice.

Went to Costco and they had a memory foam/cooling/charcoal pillow for $29, I said why not. It was ok, nothing great.

On the way home from Costco, we stopped at a mattress store that had advertised that they were closing the store and everything was 50% off. I found a pillow that seemed to meet my needs, so I asked the guy how much. It turned out that the pillows weren't part of the sale and the Tempur Pedic wonder pillow was a cool $269. We immediately left and I went home and looked for it ebay. I found the exact model on there (I think it was stolen but YOLO), still sealed in the package. I offered $90 and the seller accepted. It's pretty damn great, I gotta say. Here's a link for those that are interested.

https://www.tempurpedic.com/shop-pillows/tempur-breeze-pro-cooling-pillow/v/3183/

• Hook 'Em 1

• 3 weeks later...