Black Monday NFL 2022 thread

shadow_operative

11 minutes ago, Dr Fear said:

McDaniel to Raiders.

I am not sure they didnt already have their guy in seat. For them to have gone through all the shit they did this year and still make the playoffs was remarkable.This is meh.

Edited by Vertigo
  • Hook 'Em 4

1) Fuck Adam Schefter

2) Belichick must have revealed he’s sticking around until they remove him on a gurney. Wasn’t that what McDaniels was waiting for? 

3) McDaniels drafted Tebow in the first round, so his talent takes are questionable.

4) The Broncos made the playoffs with Tebow at QB, so McDaniels may be able to coach a little bit

5) I wonder if McDaniels can transfer that security deposit from his never occupied place in Indianapolis to one in Las Vegas? 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Haha 1

LMFAO. So there’s 2 parts to this story involving 3…

1) fired for back to back winning seasons, head scratcher

2) dolphins owner bribed him to lose games to get Burrow and also blew off meeting with prominent QB that was in the area(brady I’m assuming)

3) Bellichick sends texts to wrong Brian congratulating him on the giants job.

It's fucked up to make a guy feel like he has a chance at a job when you know you're already hiring someone else. Like really just wasting the shit out of their time, the level of disrespect is unreal. It probably happens more than you'd think.

They fucked up with those texts though. Caught in the act.

2 minutes ago, Pam Cummings said:

It's fucked up to make a guy feel like he has a chance at a job when you know you're already hiring someone else. Like really just wasting the shit out of their time, the level of disrespect is unreal. It probably happens more than you'd think.

I mean, sham interviews are a feature not a bug of the Rooney rule, no?

• Hook 'Em 3

20 minutes ago, closetohumping said:

Which part is the racism?

I think knowing who they want to hire but having to jump through fake hoops isn't racism as much as just being bad at faking like you don't know who you already want to hire and pretending like you are open-minded.

That said, I don't understand how Brian Flores didn't have a job the day he was fired. That guy can coach.

Same with Rich B. in Las Vegas. That guy can coach and his players run through brick walls for him. How is that not translating to other NFL teams?

Edited by TurkeyChew

I think knowing who they want to hire but having to jump through fake hoops isn't racism as much as just being bad at faking like you don't know who you already want to hire and pretending like you are open-minded.
That said, I don't understand how Brian Flores didn't have a job the day he was fired. That guy can coach.
Same with Rich B. in Las Vegas. That guy can coach and his players run through brick walls for him. How is that not translating to other NFL teams?

Too much of a good ol boys club and rinse/repeat mentality.

22 minutes ago, TurkeyChew said:

Prior to this year the Dolphins hadn't had back to back winning season in 20 years. 

25 minutes ago, TurkeyChew said:

He's a very good coach, who couldn't get along with the Miami GM.  Who happens to be.....wait for it.........wait for it.......bleck.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

Giants new GM came from Buffalo and had his mind made up on Daboll out of the gate. Bill is wired still into the giants office. It’s not overt racism especially if they had others scheduled for nterviews, but is institutional making sham of Rooney rule.

Flores was supposed to interview also with Saints, Texans, and I think Vikes.

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, closetohumping said:

He's a very good coach, who couldn't get along with the Miami GM.  Who happens to be.....wait for it.........wait for it.......bleck.

Man it would be really cool if you read shit before posting. The Miami aspect isn't part of any of his Rooney rule or racism claims. He's claiming that the owner offered him money to lose games and wanted him to tamper to try and get a "well known QB", who everyone is assuming is Deshaun Watson. When he refused to do so, the owner turned on him.

Edited by Pam Cummings
  • Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, closetohumping said:

After reading parts of the lawsuit it makes it sound like this may have been made up bullshit that stemmed from him not being willing to tank games or meet with Tom Brady when he was a free agent. Looks like he and the GM got a long fairly well, but Ross was mad he wouldnt tank games.. 

36 minutes ago, Pam Cummings said:

Part of the reason for the Rooney rule is just getting the opportunity to interview, think theres been a few black candidates in the past who have gotten a job with the next team only because the interviewed well with the last team that didn't give them a chance

17 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

Yes.

And that's a glaring issue for a league in which 70% of its players are black.

No, the glaring problem is the hiring practices. Being a great player and being a great coach are two different skill sets. To expect coaching makeup to match player makeup ignores that and is pretty silly. 

Not to mention the cognitive dissonance it takes to claim all jobs should match the playing field in racial makeup while simultaneously celebrating female coaches and referees. 

None of that contradicts the fact that Flores got fucked and it had a lot to do with not being a good ol' white boy. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Huckleberry said:

No, the glaring problem is the hiring practices. Being a great player and being a great coach are two different skill sets. To expect coaching makeup to match player makeup ignores that and is pretty silly. 

Not to mention the cognitive dissonance it takes to claim all jobs should match the playing field in racial makeup while simultaneously celebrating female coaches and referees. 

None of that contradicts the fact that Flores got fucked and it had a lot to do with not being a good ol' white boy. 

The hiring practices are why the numbers are so disproportionate. And that's a glaring problem.

22 minutes ago, Michael Knight said:

Part of the reason for the Rooney rule is just getting the opportunity to interview, think theres been a few black candidates in the past who have gotten a job with the next team only because the interviewed well with the last team that didn't give them a chance

That makes sense; interviewing is definitely one of those things where the experience pays dividends with polish and confidence etc.

the amount of good ol' boy network and nepotism in the NFL coaching ranks is astonishing.  and sometimes, those go hand in hand.

Nate Hackett was just hired as the Broncos HC.  his dad is former NFL coach Paul Hackett.

Nate got his first job in the NFL with Jon Gruden at Tampa.  Gruden's first real coaching job?  when Paul Hackett hired him to be WR coach at Pitt.

so Gruden returns the favor by bringing on Nate Hackett to give him a start in coaching.  

this stuff is just so rampant and incestuous.  guys who are either related or buddies keep getting hired or rehired.  i'm sure Klint Kubiak will be an HC next year.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 2

8 minutes ago, Michael Knight said:

Brian Flores' career is pretty much over, you don't go against the NFL and especially an owner and get another shot. But of course he's a black head coach so he probably wasn't gonna get another shot at coaching.

The suit came as a function of his acknowledgement that his career was over. He probably figured his unwillingness to tank or serve Ross' bidding is the primary reason he wont get hired again. After that might as well go scorched earth and pull the cover off for black coaches behind him. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Jive Turkey said:

the amount of good ol' boy network and nepotism in the NFL coaching ranks is astonishing.  and sometimes, those go hand in hand.

Nate Hackett was just hired as the Broncos HC.  his dad is former NFL coach Paul Hackett.

Nate got his first job in the NFL with Jon Gruden at Tampa.  Gruden's first real coaching job?  when Paul Hackett hired him to be WR coach at Pitt.

so Gruden returns the favor by bringing on Nate Hackett to give him a start in coaching.  

this stuff is just so rampant and incestuous.  guys who are either related or buddies keep getting hired or rehired.  i'm sure Klint Kubiak will be an HC next year.

Klay Kubiak is right behind him. Just finished his first year as a defensive quality control coach with the 49ers.

• Hook 'Em 1

43 minutes ago, closetohumping said:

Yeah and couldn’t get along with a lot of the players. I didn’t understand the firing at first either. But learning more about it, and now watching this guy sue, he’s probably reached the pinnacle of his career. 

That’s happened at every big company I’ve ever worked for. Recs have to be posted and applicants have to be interviewed but quite often there is someone internal who is already the top candidate.

It happens less at high growth companies because the headcount is growing fast and there are not enough internal people to promote.

17 minutes ago, Catdaddyhorn said:

The suit came as a function of his acknowledgement that his career was over. He probably figured his unwillingness to tank or serve Ross' bidding is the primary reason he wont get hired again. After that might as well go scorched earth and pull the cover off for black coaches behind him. 

I don’t see that. If what he’s saying is true, he should keep his mouth shut and interview with other teams. He had an excellent reputation despite tensions with GM/players, which may be overblown. He literally gave up his career. I hope he gets paid, and paid very, very well. 

3 minutes ago, Buzzrock said:

That’s happened at every big company I’ve ever worked for. Recs have to be posted and applicants have to be interviewed but quite often there is someone internal who is already the top candidate.

It happens less at high growth companies because the headcount is growing fast and there are not enough internal people to promote.

Company I used to work for apologized for not hiring an African American for two senior level positions.  Said they would do their best on the next hiring round and to their credit they did

8 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

Klay Kubiak is right behind him. Just finished his first year as a defensive quality control coach with the 49ers.

oh jeez.  so Klay gets hired by Kyle Shanahan.  would you believe this?  Klay's dad Gary Kubiak had hired Kyle Shanahan to be his WR coach in Houston.  and guess who was Kubiak's head coach when Kubiak was OC for the Broncos?  why, it was Kyle's dad Mike Shanahan.

and now Kyle Shanahan hires Gary's son Klay.  

in the NFL, as it is in a lot of board rooms, it's not what you know, it's who you know.  and black coaches don't know enough relatives or buddies in the biz.

• Hook 'Em 1