2022 NFL DRAFT

LTtxfan

I’ve read that most teams have only 12-16 players with Rd 1 grades. No QBs. But more draftable players from 50-down. Most boards have 240-260 players this year vs usual 160-180.

Everyone want to move down for more picks which means the values are skewed. And no reason to move up. The best thing that can happen is stupidity with teams 1-12 taking some of these mediocre QBs and passing good talent down.

4 hours ago, Texzilla58 said:

As a Cowboys fan we are chasing the ineptitude of the Lions. Please show us the path to acceptance of perennial failure instead of chasing these illusions we will relive the glory of the Roger and Troy years.

I mean the easiest way for me is just to embrace it, this year was one of the more fun years I have had as a lions fan. I knew they were going to suck and compete for the top draft pick, but they were also competitive for the most part. 

Finding incredible new ways to lose is something the lions have done for years *(see picking up the PI flag against the cowboys in the playoffs a few years back before challenging calls was a thing) This year they took it to another level with the back to back record breaking weeks of game losing FGs, and other ineptitudes, including a fucking tie. 

Edited by Juicy

3 hours ago, Murfdogg21 said:

The other 31 teams say “please take Willis at #2!”

I don't think it would benefit 31 teams.... he is going to go in the top 15, so teams 16+ wouldn't be impacted at all by Willis going 2 or 15. 

I don't think you understand how shitty the Lions are. They just had their franchise QB for the past decade leave and immediately win the super bowl. The have to take some risks. I would rather it be on a QB at number 2 than a fucking shitty CB like they did 2 years ago with Okudah, or taking tight ends in the top 10 of the draft three times in a decade. 

3 hours ago, LTtxfan said:

Just heard some 2022 draft thoughts from NFL Draft Analyst (missed his name)

• 1st and 2nd Rd graded picks are thinner vs previous draft classes
  • This 2022 NFL Draft is incredibly deep vs other classes
  • Many more 3rd, 4th, 5th Rd grades will be available in 7th Rd or as Free Agents

Attributed more depth to Covid players that stayed in CFB in 2023. 

Thinks a lot more players in this draft will make NFL rosters than from previous drafts.

2 hours ago, Texzilla58 said:

I’ve read that most teams have only 12-16 players with Rd 1 grades. No QBs. But more draftable players from 50-down. Most boards have 240-260 players this year vs usual 160-180.

Everyone want to move down for more picks which means the values are skewed. And no reason to move up. The best thing that can happen is stupidity with teams 1-12 taking some of these mediocre QBs and passing good talent down.

Yeah a much higher number of quality players in Rds 3-7 this year than most other drafts.   

End of Day 2 and all of Day 3 of this Draft are where NFL teams that evaluate talent best will really clean up.

Just now, ocugolf said:

I just can't fathom taking Walker from Georgia number 1.  However, I'm not entirely sold on Hutchinson either.  I think I might shoot for the moon with the left tackle from NC State or really look to trade down.

Yeah, at least a couple mocks with Ikem Ekwonu  (NC St) going #1.

"Making the case for and against North Carolina State Ikem Ekwonu"

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/making-case-against-north-carolina-190033884.html

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, 6th Street said:

Now I don't feel so bad about the Niners trading 3 firsts for Trey Lance. He would have easily been the top pick this year.

Davis Mills would’ve been the QB1 in this draft so it says more about how crappy these QBs are. Salud to Detroit, Pittsburgh, New Orleans, and Carolina!

For anyone wanting to watch draft coverage tonight that is not the typical espn shit. 

Pat Mcafee's crew does a now annual draft "spectacular" that is a much more relaxed comedic hangout type coverage with various interview guests joining. Last year had some absolutely hilarious moments. Highly recommend checking it out if the usual ESPN stuff is not your vibe.

GM's from the Chargers and Colts, Darius Butler, Kliff Kingsbury, and the internets favorite boy Aaron Rodgers will be on. Ty Schmidt did the entire thing as "Mad Mel Kiper" last two years and that is a solid character.

• Hook 'Em 3

4 hours ago, Sgt Hulk said:

The most meh weak draft I can remember 

Based on what I've read, it's weak at the top end but relatively deep in part due to players getting extra seasons because of the pandemic.  It's a good year to have lots of picks in Rounds 3-5.

I'm actually intrigued by this draft more than most years simply because we still don't know who will be #1, we really don't know how the first several selections will fall, and my team has a new regime in place so it will be interesting to see how they go about handling the draft.  

2 hours ago, Carl Spackler said:

Based on what I've read, it's weak at the top end but relatively deep in part due to players getting extra seasons because of the pandemic.  It's a good year to have lots of picks in Rounds 3-5.

I'm actually intrigued by this draft more than most years simply because we still don't know who will be #1, we really don't know how the first several selections will fall, and my team has a new regime in place so it will be interesting to see how they go about handling the draft.  

Sounds good for the Ravens, with 9 picks in the first 4 rounds.

2 minutes ago, Carl Spackler said:

They'll always take some time to see if there are any "too good to pass up" trade offers at the last second.  

Plus how many times are the Jaguars talked about for 10 minutes straight. Never. Teams milk the PR

Edited by TonyTexas
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Carl Spackler said:

They'll always take some time to see if there are any "too good to pass up" trade offers at the last second.  

Plus this is a whole show lol it's probably going to get higher ratings than playoff NBA

Those Stingley highlights--watched him get burned for low effort for two scores.  I know they were saying there's some question but damn, that's not a great sales pitch for the NFL, Texans or Stingley.  

Edited by Mdhorn
  • Hook 'Em 1