145 members have voted

1. 1. How do you keep your bills?

• All bills facing same way; smallest in front and largest in back
    • Unfaced; smallest in front and largest in back
    • All bills facing same way; largest in front and smallest in back
    • Unfaced; largest in front and smallest in back
    • Total chaos
    • Cashless Gen Z doofus/show results

I only carry about $60 cash at any given time, and rarely every use it. Cards or apps are the way to go for transactions. It's so much easier to use, digital record of all transactions, rewards points/miles, and less junk to carry. Ever since I saw George Costanza's wallet explode, sending, cash receipts, tickets and miscellaneous junk into the air, I never wanted to carry much on me. That kind of image sticks with you, and you never want to become that guy. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

If you've been vaxxed that 5g chips allows them to access the video from your eyes

I told my daughter it's going to save us a lot of money because we can just throw our cell phones away and talk/text through the network without them.

6 hours ago, DalTxHornFan said:

Call me Dale Gribble, but I appreciate the privacy that cash provides. 

I know that the fuckers are tracking my phone, but they can't track what I spend or receive in cash.

I'm with you Dale. I like the feel and flexibility of cash.  

I carry cash for the housekeeper, for tipping, and to get out of a restaurant if I don't want to wait for the server to handle a cc transaction.

On 1/12/2022 at 12:30 PM, ShaggyBevo RIP said:

Thanks for the link. I'm going to choose between that and this https://www.slimfoldwallet.com/products/thin-wallet-micro-soft-shell?variant=37388627457

I quit carrying a wallet a decade or so ago. Have had several systems of phone cases, money clips, untethered folded bills, etc...  For the last couple of years I’ve had this JimmyCase. It’s a strong elastic band on the back of the phone case.  It holds quite a few cards but I despise carrying a bunch of shit so mine stays slim.  I carry a debit card, one credit card, and my license.  Cash gets folded and kept right there with the cards. It’ll easily handle a dozen or so bills along with 7 or 8 cards.  The elastic is really heavy duty and stays tight

I keep traditional wallet in my car with a bigger chunk of cash and all the other cards in my life.  Gas cards, insurance cards, a couple other credit cards, various membership cards, etc...  There’s just no need to have that shit on your person.  

I’m also a minimalist with keys.  I carry one single key.  My car key.  Home locks are all keypads and the house key and every other key in my life is on a key ring that stays in the car with the aforementioned wallet.  Having all that shit in my pockets would drive me crazy. 

7EA60700-7544-4CFC-B39D-EEECCF2C8D58.jpeg.83fa0a4e8b917f538274ffdfaf488e9a.jpeg

10 hours ago, Chopper said:

I carry cash for the housekeeper, for tipping, and to get out of a restaurant if I don't want to wait for the server to handle a cc transaction.

Thanks for the link. I'm going to choose between that and this https://www.slimfoldwallet.com/products/thin-wallet-micro-soft-shell?variant=37388627457

Another option for you, clever money clip that makes bill access easy, while staying very thin. I've gifted many of these and people love them:

https://mitchell-leather.com/collections/money-clip-wallets

• Hook 'Em 1

23 hours ago, Your Mom said:

I quit carrying a wallet a decade or so ago. Have had several systems of phone cases, money clips, untethered folded bills, etc...  For the last couple of years I’ve had this JimmyCase. It’s a strong elastic band on the back of the phone case.  It holds quite a few cards but I despise carrying a bunch of shit so mine stays slim.  I carry a debit card, one credit card, and my license.  Cash gets folded and kept right there with the cards. It’ll easily handle a dozen or so bills along with 7 or 8 cards.  The elastic is really heavy duty and stays tight

I keep traditional wallet in my car with a bigger chunk of cash and all the other cards in my life.  Gas cards, insurance cards, a couple other credit cards, various membership cards, etc...  There’s just no need to have that shit on your person.  

I’m also a minimalist with keys.  I carry one single key.  My car key.  Home locks are all keypads and the house key and every other key in my life is on a key ring that stays in the car with the aforementioned wallet.  Having all that shit in my pockets would drive me crazy. 

Going to be a big pain in the ass when your car invariably gets broken into

6 hours ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

Going to be a big pain in the ass when your car invariably gets broken into

Nah. The risk/reward suits me fine. I can re-key the house locks in 10 minutes and cancel a few cards with a swipe on an app. The two cards that would really matter get carried with me. Never had a car broken into in my whole life. Of course it could happen, but carrying a bunch of stuff irritates me and I’m not gonna be in that state every day just to avoid something that unlikely.  

I think watching my dad hoard, collect, stash, and generally always be the guy bringing way too much shit everywhere has molded me to do the opposite. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/23/2022 at 11:55 AM, Your Mom said:

Search Amazon for  '(your phone model) wallet case'. And stop carrying all of those unnecessary bills. 

On 1/13/2022 at 8:58 PM, Armybrat said:

They aren’t fooled by any pockets.

i keep my hand on the wallet when in crowds, so the asshole would have to fight me for it.

I was walking to lunch with a friend in Barcelona one time and out of the blue he shoves an old gypsy woman. He was using your method and the old lady still tried to snag his wallet. He said he felt his wallet move and got into a finger fight in his pocket. He ended up shoving her away while retaining his wallet. The old broad fucking vanished into the crowded sidewalk.

• Haha 1

My wife keeps buying me wallets. I'm just as happy to use a fucking binder clip from my office to carry my shit, but she insists.

The latest one she bought me was:

https://ridge.com/collections/wallets?nbt=nb%3Aadwords%3Ag%3A13712015983%3A124648438495%3A530791335485&nb_adtype=&nb_kwd=the ridge wallet&nb_ti=kwd-59318106263&nb_mi=&nb_pc=&nb_pi=&nb_ppi=&nb_placement=&nb_si={sourceid}&nb_li_ms=&nb_lp_ms=&nb_fii=&nb_ap=&nb_mt=e

Carbon Fiber 3K

It's so tiny and inconspicuous that sometimes I forget I'm carrying it. It's also kind of a pain in the ass to get cards in and out of.

The one prior to that was:

m_61ec0b152a1eff27e8a3a215.jpg

https://www.backcountrygear.com/base-camp-wallet-2/?sku=TNF9B21690-SGOLD/TBLK-OS

This fucker has the old school OP style velco strip and when you rip that sumbitch open, it's loud as fuck. It's head turning loud. As if to say, I'm still living in 1983, bitch, as unapologetically as humanly possible. 

Edited by Mitch Cumsteen
  • Haha 2

14 hours ago, Mitch Cumsteen said:

My wife keeps buying me wallets. I'm just as happy to use a fucking binder clip from my office to carry my shit, but she insists.

The latest one she bought me was:

https://ridge.com/collections/wallets?nbt=nb%3Aadwords%3Ag%3A13712015983%3A124648438495%3A530791335485&nb_adtype=&nb_kwd=the ridge wallet&nb_ti=kwd-59318106263&nb_mi=&nb_pc=&nb_pi=&nb_ppi=&nb_placement=&nb_si={sourceid}&nb_li_ms=&nb_lp_ms=&nb_fii=&nb_ap=&nb_mt=e

Carbon Fiber 3K

It's so tiny and inconspicuous that sometimes I forget I'm carrying it. It's also kind of a pain in the ass to get cards in and out of.

The one prior to that was:

m_61ec0b152a1eff27e8a3a215.jpg

https://www.backcountrygear.com/base-camp-wallet-2/?sku=TNF9B21690-SGOLD/TBLK-OS

This fucker has the old school OP style velco strip and when you rip that sumbitch open, it's loud as fuck. It's head turning loud. As if to say, I'm still living in 1983, bitch, as unapologetically as humanly possible. 

To be a 1983 wallet, it would need the circular permaridge indent from the condom being carried around for a few years in the hopes of encountering a situation in which it might actually need to be used. 

• Haha 1