Kauai

hookem2010

I was participating in this thread on the old site but failed to document everything I might need to know. Heading there in just under 3 weeks for my honeymoon (I don't know the rules in this new world, but not happening), staying at the Sheraton on the south side Saturday-Saturday. I already have the doors-off helicopter tour booked and am planning on doing the first 4 miles of the Kalaulau Trail. Any food/drink/other activity recs? Also, is it easy and worthwhile to day trip to another island if we're not planning on doing a Pearl Harbor tour?

I haven't been in two years, but there is a great burger place called Street Burger on 56 about 5 miles north of the airport.  Good draft beer board too.

We did the champagne brunch at the St. Regis and the food was okay, but the views were spectacular.  At $75 a person I felt it was a bit overpriced.  We liked the Hyatt brunch a bit better.

My wife was pregnant at the time so we didn't do any of the fun hiking/exploring on the west side of the island.

Poipu Beach is a nice public beach and they've got a good bar/grill called Brennecke's Beach Broiler just across the road.

Not sure if you're going to rent a car, but we did and were very happy we did.  It's kid of fun to drive around and explore as the whole island is beautiful.

• Hook 'Em 1

13 minutes ago, Agent 13 said:

I'll play. Since you're staying on the south side you should definitely take a trip to Hanalei Bay. Plenty of small eateries but most importantly the views are fantastic. My favorite place on Kauai for relaxation.

2nd Hanalei Bay. Might be one of the coolest spots anywhere. 

We went last year for my parents' anniversary. We island-hopped, so were only on Kauai for 3 days. Here's an email I sent to a friend recently. It's truly one of the most beautiful places I've ever visited. 

Sounds like like you are already doing Na Pali coast via helicopter, which I would definitely recommend.

And you must do Waimea Canyon. It's only accessible from one side of the island, but it's the side you're staying in. IMPORTANT: The best views of the Canyon will be before noon; clouds often roll in in the afternoon. There are several lookouts along the road, we stopped at most of them. The "ultimate" view is at the Kalalau Lookout; the Waimea Canyon Lookout is the most panoramic. Make sure to take a jacket—it can get cool at the higher elevations!

We also did a whale watching tour from Port Allen, but I’m not sure when whale season season ends. It felt great out on the water and the deep blue color was spectacular.

We stayed in Princeville, and third Hanalei. It's a cute town w/some restaurants/cafes. Haena Beach Park is a great spot to watch surfers; Cannons, one of the most famous surf beaches in the world, is just past Haena Beach. The surf report is handy to follow to see the best surf times. http://www.surfline.com/surf-forecasts/kauai/kauai-north_3203 You’ll have to go pretty early to catch the surfers. But when you’re done, you can stop into Hanalei Coffee Roasters for great coffee and pastries!  (Hanalei is about 1 hr 15 min drive from your hotel.)

We’re not hikers, but I'm sure that info is easy enough to find. Use the Local Experts service (they are contracted to most hotels as the concierge service) is incredibly helpful. The service is free; we just tipped. The Local Expert at our Hilton in Waikiki booked all of our activities on every island. Very knowledgeable, friendly and professional.

Food:
This is a list places we actually went to. Below that is a list of recommended spots/foods from friends. 

•             Hamura Saimin - in Lihue; Hawaiian ramen. You can see menu/pics on the TripAdvisor listing. Save room for the lilikoi (passionfruit) chiffon pie.    
•             Kauai Beer Company - in Lihue; fun local beer tasting, close to Hamura ramen place  
•             Ishihara Market - in Waimea; this is an actual market/grocery store with a wide selection of prepared fish/poke/prepared items in cases in the back (I recommend getting a cheap styro cooler to keep in your car so you can take fish/poke with you) I would totally eat this food every day. 
•             Tiki Tacos - in Kapa'a; delicious tacos, handmade tortillas  
•             Pizzetta - in Koloa, very good pizza; we got it to go to take back to our condo after a long day visiting Waimea Canyon
•             Shrimp Station - in Kapa'a (just around the corner from Tiki Tacos); for local favorite dish garlic shrimp, pretty similar to shrimp scampi.  

Where to eat
•    Lots of seafood, roast pork, fruity/spicy sauces; lots of interesting fruit; macadamia nuts
•    Beach House (Poipu) - http://www.the-beach-house.com/
•    Da Crack (fish tacos)
•    Neide’s Salsa and Samba Restaurant (Hanalei) – http://www.resource4hawaii.com/websites/neides/ Brazilian and Mexican; nothing fancy, great view
•    Oasis on the Beach (Kapaa) - http://www.oasiskauai.com/
•    The Dolphin (Hanalei) - http://www.hanaleidolphin.com/index.htm
•    Bar Acuda - http://www.restaurantbaracuda.com/

What you want to eat in Hawaii (specialties/local faves) (http://www.seriouseats.com/2014/12/hawaiian-cuisine-local-food-what-is-spam-musubi-poke-huli-huli-saimin.html): 
sushi
fish tacos (w/ono, mahi mahi, or tuna)
poke
mochi
fresh tropical fruit
macadamia nuts
poi
manapua (pork buns)
musubi (spam onigiri)
saimin (Hawaiian ramen)
huli huli chicken
garlic shrimp
loco moco (rice/meat/gravy/eggs)
malasadas (donuts)
shaved ice

Edited by creasy
  • Hook 'Em 2

• 3 weeks later...

It is one of the rainiest spots on the planet, at least on top of the mountain.  But that generates 100's of beautiful waterfalls.  You're gonna enjoy the helicopter tour.  Unless you crash.

I don't know the food truck situation these days, but you might find some good fish tacos or shave ice at one. 

Yes, get a car, and allow plenty of time to get around.  It's a small island, but things move slow.  But that's OK, you'll be on your honeymoon in Hawaii.

Oh: I think even Kauai has a wet side and a dry side.  The locals have names for it.  But use that to your advantage when planning your days.

Edited by miguelito
weather

You are in for a great time.

Kauai Beer Company in Lihue is pretty solid.

Here's a thread on the Kauai to Oahu: https://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g29218-i304-k6054716-Oahu_to_Kauai-Kauai_Hawaii.html

It's about 100 miles between those 2 islands, Oahu being the closest to Kauai (except for Ni'ihau, which is off limits to non-Hawaiians.)

Poipu is where you're staying, and you can drive to all points on the coast of Kauai within about 1.5 hours if I remember correctly. This time of year the best waves should be where you are staying.

Shipwreck beach is cool as hell. Gillin's beach is not far.

Dude fun times comin your way.

We did not have time for a Napali Coast hike.  We did do both a boat cruise (through blue dolphin I think), as well as a helicopter tour that of course included the coast.  I thought the views from the water were more awe inspiring.  Only referring to the Napali Coast.  The helicopter tour was badass, and obviously covered a lot more.  Note on the boat cruise though, would probably stay away if you get sea sick.  I don't and didn't, but many others did.

The North Shore can still be really rough this time of year, which is a shame as in the summer (IMHO) that's where you want to be as far as snorkeling. It's still beautiful, though. Many good restaurants in Hanalei (Tiki Man Pizza, Hanalei Gourmet, Blue Dolphin). All are causal, though Blue Dolphin is a little more dressy (in that you probably shouldn't show up in a wet swimsuit). Reservations really needed for BD as well. 

We went last year for my parents' anniversary. We island-hopped, so were only on Kauai for 3 days. Here's an email I sent to a friend recently. It's truly one of the most beautiful places I've ever visited. 
Sounds like like you are already doing Na Pali coast via helicopter, which I would definitely recommend.

And you must do Waimea Canyon. It's only accessible from one side of the island, but it's the side you're staying in. IMPORTANT: The best views of the Canyon will be before noon; clouds often roll in in the afternoon. There are several lookouts along the road, we stopped at most of them. The "ultimate" view is at the Kalalau Lookout; the Waimea Canyon Lookout is the most panoramic. Make sure to take a jacket—it can get cool at the higher elevations!
We also did a whale watching tour from Port Allen, but I’m not sure when whale season season ends. It felt great out on the water and the deep blue color was spectacular.
We stayed in Princeville, and third Hanalei. It's a cute town w/some restaurants/cafes. Haena Beach Park is a great spot to watch surfers; Cannons, one of the most famous surf beaches in the world, is just past Haena Beach. The surf report is handy to follow to see the best surf times. http://www.surfline.com/surf-forecasts/kauai/kauai-north_3203 You’ll have to go pretty early to catch the surfers. But when you’re done, you can stop into Hanalei Coffee Roasters for great coffee and pastries!  (Hanalei is about 1 hr 15 min drive from your hotel.)
We’re not hikers, but I'm sure that info is easy enough to find. Use the Local Experts service (they are contracted to most hotels as the concierge service) is incredibly helpful. The service is free; we just tipped. The Local Expert at our Hilton in Waikiki booked all of our activities on every island. Very knowledgeable, friendly and professional.
Food:
This is a list places we actually went to. Below that is a list of recommended spots/foods from friends. 
•             Hamura Saimin - in Lihue; Hawaiian ramen. You can see menu/pics on the TripAdvisor listing. Save room for the lilikoi (passionfruit) chiffon pie.    
•             Kauai Beer Company - in Lihue; fun local beer tasting, close to Hamura ramen place  
•             Ishihara Market - in Waimea; this is an actual market/grocery store with a wide selection of prepared fish/poke/prepared items in cases in the back (I recommend getting a cheap styro cooler to keep in your car so you can take fish/poke with you) I would totally eat this food every day. 
•             Tiki Tacos - in Kapa'a; delicious tacos, handmade tortillas  
•             Pizzetta - in Koloa, very good pizza; we got it to go to take back to our condo after a long day visiting Waimea Canyon
•             Shrimp Station - in Kapa'a (just around the corner from Tiki Tacos); for local favorite dish garlic shrimp, pretty similar to shrimp scampi.  
Where to eat
•    Lots of seafood, roast pork, fruity/spicy sauces; lots of interesting fruit; macadamia nuts
•    Beach House (Poipu) - http://www.the-beach-house.com/
•    Da Crack (fish tacos)
•    Neide’s Salsa and Samba Restaurant (Hanalei) – http://www.resource4hawaii.com/websites/neides/ Brazilian and Mexican; nothing fancy, great view
•    Oasis on the Beach (Kapaa) - http://www.oasiskauai.com/
•    The Dolphin (Hanalei) - http://www.hanaleidolphin.com/index.htm
•    Bar Acuda - http://www.restaurantbaracuda.com/

What you want to eat in Hawaii (specialties/local faves) (http://www.seriouseats.com/2014/12/hawaiian-cuisine-local-food-what-is-spam-musubi-poke-huli-huli-saimin.html): 
sushi
fish tacos (w/ono, mahi mahi, or tuna)
poke
mochi
fresh tropical fruit
macadamia nuts
poi
manapua (pork buns)
musubi (spam onigiri)
saimin (Hawaiian ramen)
huli huli chicken
garlic shrimp
loco moco (rice/meat/gravy/eggs)
malasadas (donuts)
shaved ice

Went in March. Good List.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good thing I'm staying on the south side. Hanalei is fucked. We were looking to go there tomorrow to chill on the beach and then do the Na Pali Coast hike the following day. Both look pretty unlikely at this point. I'm hoping our helicopter tour tomorrow doesn't get canceled. Hanging out at Poipu Beach and the resort hasn't been unpleasant though.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Hanalei and the north shore are likely to be inaccessible due to rains. Waimea canyon is incredible. Go early in the am and then spend the afternoon at polihale beach.  You’ll thank me. Na Pali boat tour and/or helicopter tour is a must. Especially on a honeymoon. Mahaulepu beach is also cool and an easy hike. Great snorkeling at brenneke beach. Easy walk from the Sheraton. 

Most everyone else has covered the good things to do on Kauai, but I might recommend a gift for your bride -  a Niihau shell necklace.  These aren't your tourist trap shell necklace type things - these are handmade shell necklaces with tiny "pearl quality" shells. They can run from several hundred to several thousand, but it is an extremely unique gift and Kauai is the best place to find them. We bought one when we honeymooned in Kauai and we actually have it displayed at our house -it gets worn occasionally. It should hold its value quite well. 

Some more info:  http://www.niihauheritage.org/niihau_shells.htm

Go to the Dolphin in Hanalei for poke and sushi. Find out which night Jeff is working, and sit at the counter. If you get lucky, you might get the two seats on the patio that face into the sushi preparation area. Really cool guy, and some of the best sushi I've ever had.

Trip Report (on Tapa so let me know if pictures dont work):
We arrived in Kauai last Saturday, right around the time the heaviest rains devastated the north shore. Fortunately for us, we were staying at the Sheraton in Poipu on the south side. Even so, weather was kind of hit or miss the majority of the trip, so my tentative itinerary was pretty much shredded.

Saturday
Flew into Lihue around 11 am, picked up the rental car (must-have on Kauai) and started our trip with pole from Fish Express right next to the airport. The spicy ahi was the fantastic. Before heading to the resort we checked out Kauai Beer Co., as did apparently everyone else on the island due to the rain. They were generally good, although I think Maui brewing Co. makes the best beer in Hawaii.
The Sheraton had a solid beach-side pool with an attached restaurant-bar that served as our home base. Decent, if over-priced food although I imagine this is the case at many resorts. The bartenders got to know us really well. There's apparently a second garden pool that is much less crowded, but there was construction going on all around it so I never even saw it.

Sunday
Spent pretty much the entire day at the resort pool and Poipu Beach. You are likely to see monk seals and sea turtles on the shore, especially if you get there in the morning. This is the spot to snorkel on the south side of the island. The water was somewhat rough in general while we were there, but there was a ton to see close to shore. You can rent scuba gear for $8/day or $32/week from the dive shop next to Da Crack, which has excellent burritos. There's also a shave ice place there called Loco Coco that we went to 4 or 5 times. So good.414bc598b69c11b20f2c758fece46520.jpgc5546e881c155ebfa987df69e6496318.jpg

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Monday

We had a few things planned for this day that got canceled or delayed due to rain, a common theme unfortunately. We did make it to the Kauai Coffee Co. There are guided tours, but we just did the walk-through and I doubt we missed much. Not a bad spot to try a bunch of free samples of coffee. That night we went to the Auli'i Luau at the Sheraton. It didn't have as great of reviews as some of the others, but I really enjoyed it and the food, particularly the kalua pork, was really good. That being said, I was several drinks deep before the event started. It is apparently the only beachside luau on Kauai so the setting was fantastic.

Tuesday

Helicopter tour was canceled today. I knew the north shore was a mess, but we decided to drive up there and see how far down the road we could get. It was closed just past Hanalei, so unfortunately that ruled out the Kalaulau Trail for the entire trip. This was Hanalei Bay a couple days after the major flooding. We stopped at the Kilauea Lighthouse on the way back. Boobies everywhere, of the avian variety. On the way home we stopped at the Koloa Rum Co. They do free tastings every half hour. If you have to wait, go get a drink at the Mahiko Lounge on the same grounds. Not getting to really experience the north shore and do the Na Pali Coast hike were the most disappointing parts of an otherwise excellent trip.

9f70d5ade6a401f82caa401b9ab2424f.jpg8f30982740184d5b47803c1623a56510.jpg

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Wednesday
Breakfast at Little Fish Coffee, where they had really good yogurt and acai bowls. Then we headed out to Waimea Canyon. It looked cool in photos, but it was so much more incredible in person. There are a ton of lookout points and parking can get crazy at the big ones so get there early. There are also some hikes into the canyon. We didn't do any of those and instead continued to the Pihea Lookout, which is also the Pihea Trailhead. The hike to the Pihea Vista Lookout is only a little over a mile each way, but it gets pretty muddy and steep. It's essentially along a ridge that runs from the east to west side of the valley with great views the entire way.5a90b5afc69f5f086513382778534fbd.jpg1ed6b1312bbf2cb54dc5d803c81b72ac.jpgf7d1d2c0be1252748d02433ecc7bbb70.jpg

• Like 2

Thursday

We booked a horseback ride with CJM stables last minute. It was a 2-hour ride that takes you along Gillin's and Mahaulepu beaches, although the majority of the ride was inland. It was alright, the wife loved it. Stopped at Puka Dogs in Poipu for lunch, which was delicious. The wife wanted fish express for the 3rd time, so while we were up that way we stopped at Nani Moon Meadery in Kapa'a. It was a nice, quiet tucked away spot for something different to drinj. We had dinner at Keoki's paradise. The prime rib was really good, the fish was just OK.

Friday
Helicopter tour canceled for the 2nd time. We did a zipline tour through skyline eco adventures. The top 3 lines were closed due to weather so we only got to do the lower 4, one of which we repeated. The wife still loved it, but I think the money would have been better spent tubing or kayaking or something. We ended up spending the rest of the day around the resort and checking out Spouting horn nearby. The Sheraton has a decent beach and some snorkeling, although not as well protected by reef as Poipu so the water was much rougher. Dinner was at the fancy resort restaurant, Rumfire. The filet mignon and butterfish were both fantastic and the restaurant had huge windows looking out over the ocean.4676a7230586e5b5e7302506a5d692e1.jpg87a8f396171bcef2567564bbeec8e50d.jpg

• Like 1

Saturday
We were scheduled to fly home around 9 pm, so I called a different helicopter company to try and book a helicopter tour for the 3rd time. We were able to book with Blue Hawaiian and I'm really glad we got in last minute, especially since we didn't do a coastal boat tour or Na Pali Coast hike. Seeing it from above, Kauai looks like it was CGI'd to be the perfect movie background. Waterfalls everywhere, carved cliff faces, covered in green. It was an awesome end to the trip.42987a791412dedea268a76fe63e3e86.jpg1cdd8b111fc94e84e25fbc3b91c3cc39.jpg5a05d9cb6039a3f8ff90db9615b25a99.jpga9f17b1123877ec50fa9adb3447d504d.jpg771bcfe3e9a7d5325064e00b1e5ef18d.jpg

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

The only road down when I left was a stretch from Hanalei to Ke'e Beach, which is the trailhead for the Kalalau Trail. Per google maps, it's set to reopen in early May so I'd imagine you will be fine. I would absolutely do a helicopter tour and Waimea Canyon. As mentioned in the old Kauai thread, take dramamine if you have any motion sickness prior to the helicopter flight. I felt fine but my wife felt miserable the entire time. She played it cool though and I had no idea until she puked in the parking lot.

Glad you were able to have a nice trip despite the weather! Jealous of your horseback ride--that's one thing we didn't get to do. I think I probably have identical photos of Waimea Canyon and our helicopter ride! ☺️ Congrats to you and the new missus. 

• 1 month later...

Just got back from a week in Princeville. Couple of PSAs for anybody going anytime soon. Area past Hanalei is open only to locals at the moment. That means no access to places like Haena Beach or Tunnels. Won't be opened back up until August or so. Dolphin restaurant in Hanalei damaged and closed for repairs right now. Still raining like crazy at north end of island. Poipu side still magnificent. None of above would keep me from going, though. Still had great time.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Agent 13 said:

Just got back from a week in Princeville. Couple of PSAs for anybody going anytime soon. Area past Hanalei is open only to locals at the moment. That means no access to places like Haena Beach or Tunnels. Won't be opened back up until August or so. Dolphin restaurant in Hanalei damaged and closed for repairs right now. Still raining like crazy at north end of island. Poipu side still magnificent. None of above would keep me from going, though. Still had great time.

Good to know.  We love the north side of the island and have been looking at booking  a Thanksgiving trip.

I arrived on the island with the floods so we didn't really get to experience the north side like we wanted to. That said, an amazing trip can still be had out of Poipu. If I get the chance to go again I will definitely be doing the Kalalau Trail. I would love to do the full 11-mile hike and camp out there. The beach looked amazing from the helicopter, I cant imagine how great it is after hiking all day.

• 8 months later...

Bump.  Looks like we are going to do Kauai in June.  Wife is pushing for the Big Island, but I am partial to Kauai.  Looking to rent an oceanfront house or condo.  Thinking mid island, Wailoa or thereabouts so we can go north or south for activities.  Need to research.

So mid-Island is kind of crowded, not that nice and the main beach isn’t great, and the restaurant choices aren’t good.  I’d stay north or south.  We prefer north because it is more scenic (not open for debate) and I think has better beach choices (Tunnels, for example), but some like the south beaches.  It is far less crowded than south, but just depends on what you want

If you stay on one end and want to go to the other, the drive isn’t that bad.  Staying in the middle doesn’t give you the best of anything. 

• Like 3

The rains have really messed with the north side (my favorite as well). You can't go wrong with Princeville, though I prefer to VRBO in Hanalei. That said, there has been two storms/floods in the past few years which have dramatically reshaped the Hanalei Bay area, and north. I'm not sure the road all the way to Tunnels/Ke'e is open for tourism yet. 

Speaking of Ke'e, which is lovely, parking has always been a CF, with very limited availability. Apparently after the last flood, they decided to implement a large redevelopment plan. From my read, I think it will improve some conditions (walkways so that you don't have to walk on the side of the road), but reduce overall the parking available for visitors. Might want to understand exactly what the road and beach conditions are when you are planning to go so you aren't surprised. 

Park redevelopment info

Kauai flooding

• Like 1

We were there last August.  We've done all the tourist stuff and really enjoyed most of it.  This last visit, two things really stood out.  First, we took my kid to Kauai Surf School.  It was amazing.  The waves were perfect for hours.  The ocean bottom there is rock so the waves never change.  Wave after wave of perfect learning waves.  Absolutely amazing watching my kid, only 13 at the time, surf waves all the way to shore time and time again.  They have instructors that stay in the water and help the kids catch waves if necessary. 

Second, we took the road past the Hyatt and just kept driving until it dead ended.  One of the most amazing beaches i have ever seen.  Then drove a little way back to Gillin's Beach, same thing.  Only regret was we didn't pack food and drinks to enjoy it all day.  Really amazing.

There is a beach rental there, which would be amazing.  Here is the link:

https://www.gillinbeachhouse.com/

Have fun

3 hours ago, Rollo Tomassi said:

I'm heading to Kauai on Saturday. My first time on this island.  Staying at Timbers Kauai. 

I've driven through that area but always stay up north, but it looks nice.

A couple of suggestions:

1. Do make the trip to check out the North shore.  The scenery is completely different from the south (and amazing) and the drive is easy

2.  Take the boat trip on the west side to see the Napali coast.  I can't describe how beautifully prehistoric it looks.  My recommendation:  book the Captain Andy's catamaran tour.  one it a couple of times.

3. ZIpline.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, AustinMT said:

I've driven through that area but always stay up north, but it looks nice.

A couple of suggestions:

1. Do make the trip to check out the North shore.  The scenery is completely different from the south (and amazing) and the drive is easy

2.  Take the boat trip on the west side to see the Napali coast.  I can't describe how beautifully prehistoric it looks.  My recommendation:  book the Captain Andy's catamaran tour.  one it a couple of times.

3. ZIpline.

Thanks for the tips!  Luckily, I'm going with my wife who used to live on Maui.  She's got us booked for a lot of what you suggested.

• 5 months later...

Bumping this thread for some advice. Marriott guy so I have points. We are staying Sep 14th - 21st.

Looking at the Westin Princeville, Marriott Kauai and Autograph Collection Koloa Landing. Also the Sheraton as it is a lot cheaper. Anybody stay at any of these?

@hookem2010 was the Sheraton nice? Wife is worried compared to other properties.

Have been to both the Westin and the Kauai Marriott. Both are great. Going to the island again on September 28. Haven't been in the Sheraton but in my experience the Sheratons are cheaper for a good reason. Where to stay is dependent upon what you plan to do. I prefer the Princeville area because of the Hanalei area so generally stay there. The area north of Hanalei was washed out by the floods last time I was there, though. The Marriott in Lihue has a nice beach if you're into that and is closer to Poipu and the rest of the island. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, LebongJames said:

Bumping this thread for some advice. Marriott guy so I have points. We are staying Sep 14th - 21st.

Looking at the Westin Princeville, Marriott Kauai and Autograph Collection Koloa Landing. Also the Sheraton as it is a lot cheaper. Anybody stay at any of these?

@hookem2010 was the Sheraton nice? Wife is worried compared to other properties.

I would stay at the Westin because it is on the North Shore.  I have not stayed there, but have eaten there, and the property is nice.  Will be in Kauai in October (4th trip there) and will be back on the North Shore.

Nothing wrong with the south shore, but it is not the same in scenery or atmosphere

By the way, the road past Hanalei is reopened. 

Plan on doing a Nepali Coast boat tour wherever you stay

• Like 1

Doesn't matter which side of the island you stay on, you gots to do this place after you get off the plane:

Kauai's classic Hamura Saimin Stand is noodle nirvana

This must-stop little Lihue stand has been dishing out some of Hawaii’s favorite noodles for nearly 60 years.

https://www.hawaiimagazine.com/content/kauais-classic-hamura-saimin-stand-noodle-nirvana

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1