Whats the diff between cloak room and daily texan?

remoh

On 1/14/2022 at 6:58 PM, Deej said:

I would be interested to see what a shitshow the "my dog is awesome" thread would turn into if moved to the Cloak Room from Daily Texan.

That's all CR is.

My team/ my dog/ my politicians

I disagree somewhat.  That sure as shit ain't my team.  

i was a pos-rep beacon from conservatives on the old site during the Obama bad policy years.  After gloating a bit in Hillary's loss, I lost quick interest in the new CR because it was just everyone calling everyone else a Nazi for 2017 & 2018.  I didn't go in there much during that span.  But when the stupid train went into true overdrive for 2019 & 2020...I needed some place to just ask questions.  All of a sudden, the Republicans I know in real life were just different.  It was like a Twilight Zone episode, everybody was in on the change except me.  So I used CR as a humorous, cathartic release of my confusion and anger and frustration.  I've been a very liberal social progressive for decades so that part wasn't hard for me, but I have grave economic and foreign policy divisions with the 'CR cabal'.  But they are a very funny group for the most part and there's some very insightful shit in there that's not discussed anywhere else in the media. 

I've since discovered a number of Trump voters in my real life that have finally awoken from the moral slumber they were in, and are now a source of great fraternity for me.  But I like the CR because it still brings up interesting news and it's funny.  I don't care how right-wing you are, if you can't laugh at Lauren Boebert...you're dead inside.  If you can't laugh at Trump's double jack-off dance, you're dead inside.  If you can't laugh at the fact that the head Oathkeeper shot himself in the face before planning an armed assault on our seat of government, you're dead inside.  

Only things that got me through 2019 & 2020 were family, alcohol, and humor. 

6 hours ago, Lobo said:

I lost quick interest in the new CR because it was just everyone calling everyone else a Nazi for 2017 & 2018.

FWIW, there were actual nazis marching in the streets with torches saying "Jews will not replace us" in 2017 along with a whole contingency of folks claiming it was no big deal and/or #bothsides were being violent so oh well. It was, and still is, a time of purposeful polarization with the intent to get people to check out entirely and stop paying attention. 

Which is how you have folks like slorch saying that it's all just team sports and not a measurable decay of our democracy. Study some history of 1920/30s Europe. Shit is eerily familiar in terms of social upheaval and economic instability

Edited by Captainant
  • Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Captainant said:

FWIW, there were actual nazis marching in the streets with torches saying "Jews will not replace us" in 2017 along with a whole contingency of folks claiming it was no big deal and/or #bothsides were being violent so oh well. It was, and still is, a time of purposeful polarization with the intent to get people to check out entirely and stop paying attention. 

Which is how you have folks like slorch saying that it's all just team sports and not a measurable decay of our democracy. Study some history of 1920/30s Europe. Shit is eerily familiar in terms of social upheaval and economic instability

You are not incorrect, but you're absolutely focused on the wrong folks.

4 minutes ago, Bravo said:

This is neat. This unstable person Penelope blocked me yesterday. Celebrated it making her Surly experience 1000 times better. It was so awesome. Then unfortunately she unblocked me 20 hrs later to continue her psychotic neg madness. That's the difference in CR and DT. Stalking and harassment. 

@PenelopeWitherspoon

tenor.gif

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 6

I just peeked at the covid thread in CR and it's just a bunch of people bitching about neg rep and being blocked.  It's the damndest thing.  Grown ass people whining like a bunch of babies about rep.  I want to suggest that we have a super secret part of cloak room where people just bitch about rep.  For 65 cents per month, the price of a mere cup of coffee in 1985, they could get a special "Bitchassedness" badge in their profiles.

Edited by dcbc
  • Hook 'Em 4

3 hours ago, dcbc said:

I just peeked at the covid thread in CR and it's just a bunch of people bitching about neg rep and being blocked.  It's the damndest thing.  Grown as people whining like a bunch of babies about rep.  I want to suggest that we have a super secret part of cloak room where people just bitch about rep.  For 65 cents per month, the price of a mere cup of coffee in 1985, they could get a special "Bitchassedness" badge in their profiles.

Folks post lies and misinformation.  Then they whine like 2 year olds when they get called on it.  It’s the damnedest thing.  

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Fuck You 1

4 hours ago, Bravo said:

What lies did I post? More lies from you. You're the one who has been proven a liar. 

BTW you're insane. Who blocks someone then unblocks them a day later? You celebrate how great it is you blocked me. There is a reason you by far give out the most negs by on this board. The hatred of you has nothing to do with you being a female with strong opinions as you claim. Bama Chick is a strong female and isn't hated like you. It's because you're a harassing psychotic stalker who will neg 100s of posts a day to try to get someone banned. No one else on this board does that.  If there were neg given awards for the day you'd win it everyday. There are many people who all have the exact same complaint about you. The anger and darangement are incredible you have. 

77DB1CC4-289C-4416-ADC7-30E46CD25A6E.gif

ETA: derangement

Edited by DDD Dad
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Foosters said:

CR is where Sack insults Black politicians. DT is where Sack insults Black people as a race. About the only difference I can tell, tbh.

You got an example?  I don’t insult Kamala cause she is partially black.  I assault her because she’s an idiot.  About 80 percent of the country hates her.  So I’m far from alone.  

• Hook 'Em 1

20 hours ago, Bravo said:

does he insult politicians who happen to be black and also politicians who happen to be white or he is specifically targeting black people? context is a little important here and calling him a racist requires you to show your work. Let's see it.

You know once upon a time, I knew this yappy little dog.  Didn’t contribute shit to anything.  Just yapped and bit at my ankles.

Came a time I kicked the ever living shit out of that dog.  He flew into next week and thought he had a scoop.  Turns out he caught up with his turds I kicked out of him, he ate them.  Don’t be a turd eater.  

1 minute ago, Bravo said:

I mean it does thyme with cloak. That should bump it up. 

C'mon man, we gotta have a higher benchmark than just what rhymes.  My wife, a published speech therapist, has trained me on rhymes to a lethal degree.  don't need no interwebs or nuthin...

Let's play:  CLOAK

Coke-what Don, Jr. is hooked on

Broke-what the Trump family actually is

Yolk-what the eggs of Tiffany Trump don't actually have

Bloke-people in Britain who hate Trump

Choke-Trump's performance in the 2020 election

Bespoke-what Trump's suits are not

Croak-what we all pray Trump does this year

Poke-what hundreds of men have done to Ivanka except Donald himself

Baroque-a word nobody in that uncultured Olive Garden family would understand.  

Artichoke-a vegetable Trump would not eat.  Which is good because that means he'll be dead sooner

Masterstroke-something used to do while putting away Ivanka's laundry

Roanoke-a town near neo nazi rallies with many fine people

Joke-Eric's very existence, literally

Colloque-as in "many people are saying" 

Invoke-something nobody ever in human history will do with the Trump name

Revoke-a pardon to certain people who are about to turn state's evidence

And of course, President James POLK...another one term shitbag like Trump who will die before his time.  

2 hours ago, Lobo said:

C'mon man, we gotta have a higher benchmark than just what rhymes.  My wife, a published speech therapist, has trained me on rhymes to a lethal degree.  don't need no interwebs or nuthin...

Let's play:  CLOAK

Coke-what Don, Jr. is hooked on

Broke-what the Trump family actually is

Yolk-what the eggs of Tiffany Trump don't actually have

Bloke-people in Britain who hate Trump

Choke-Trump's performance in the 2020 election

Bespoke-what Trump's suits are not

Croak-what we all pray Trump does this year

Poke-what hundreds of men have done to Ivanka except Donald himself

Baroque-a word nobody in that uncultured Olive Garden family would understand.  

Artichoke-a vegetable Trump would not eat.  Which is good because that means he'll be dead sooner

Masterstroke-something used to do while putting away Ivanka's laundry

Roanoke-a town near neo nazi rallies with many fine people

Joke-Eric's very existence, literally

Colloque-as in "many people are saying" 

Invoke-something nobody ever in human history will do with the Trump name

Revoke-a pardon to certain people who are about to turn state's evidence

And of course, President James POLK...another one term shitbag like Trump who will die before his time.  

image.gif.649c95b649b680ba715a5a476482d4aa.gif

Edited by Willfully Horn
Fucked up