Kids' names that your spouse rejected

Prepuce of Doom

21 minutes ago, MaybeACoordinator said:

It's uncanny how that works. Alone, couples think they are so original and they are. And then they get to pre-K and find out how mistaken they were. 

Eh, it’s fine. We were out of ideas after the first two. Her sisters have somewhat unique names. Haven’t had a classmate/team member yet with same name as the other two.  Middle names were all family names. 

1 hour ago, MaybeACoordinator said:

It's uncanny how that works. Alone, couples think they are so original and they are. And then they get to pre-K and find out how mistaken they were. 

Our daughter's name is not one of these, but she gets called "Olivia" about 100 times a month because of this phenomenon.

2 hours ago, kilroydos said:

Our daughter's name is not one of these, but she gets called "Olivia" about 100 times a month because of this phenomenon.

Yeah, Olivia was on our very short list at the end and we were so relieved we chose a more uncommon name. We succumbed to it with her middle name though -- Rose. 

• Hook 'Em 1

On 1/18/2022 at 11:02 AM, RDCanecutter said:

Spunk Monkey.

Sister’s friend in the 80’s was just overwhelmed with finding a name for a girl that couldn’t be turned into a rhyme or some bullshit.

Ended up naming her Amber. Ok, good luck. 

First day of kindergarten she got the nickname, “Amburger.” Guess my sisters friend was pretty pissed for a while. 

• Drool 1

1 minute ago, thunderlounge said:

Sister’s friend in the 80’s was just overwhelmed with finding a name for a girl that couldn’t be turned into a rhyme or some bullshit.

First day of kindergarten she got the nickname, “Amburger.” Guess my sisters friend was pretty pissed for a while. 

Law of the Universe: Children will always outsmart adults.

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, thunderlounge said:

-Checks Calendar

-I've had an Amburger, or 3 to be exact.

-80's means they're my age.  

-I may have nailed your Sister's friend's daughter.  

43 minutes ago, thunderlounge said:

I bet I tipped her on stage a time or two

• Haha 1

38 minutes ago, Trey3216 said:

-Checks Calendar

-I've had an Amburger, or 3 to be exact.

-80's means they're my age.  

-I may have nailed your Sister's friend's daughter.  

11 minutes ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

I bet I tipped her on stage a time or two

Odds are above average, according to Caesars.

• Like 1

I wanted to name our son Howard (he would have been the IV) after my father. My wife did not. 

We were very close to naming our daughter Elliot (we loved Scrubs and the idea of androgynous names for girls); however, we had friends with girls named Elle and Ella.

A good friend of mine is named Koala Bear (first and middle names). I also know a guy named Bear. Both of them grew up in Berkeley. 

19 hours ago, HornPhD said:

A good friend of mine is named Koala Bear (first and middle names). I also know a guy named Bear. Both of them grew up in Berkeley. 

Seems like a pretty strong allegiance to the leather scene…

We have 3 girls. Used a family name on my wife's side for one. Used a family name from my side for one. And we used one that was unique to just us.

Davis was rejected for the one representing my side. We went with Sierra.

I tell my daughter that she's named after a truck full of beer in the mountains. 🍻

On 1/19/2022 at 5:18 PM, 52-80 said:

I find Olivia is the most beautiful female name. And since mine and her family (siblings, cousins, niece/nephew) are so girl-dominant, thats what we were expecting. 

But we got a boy instead. 

So I’m gonna name him Sue. 

Olivia was my choice and it goes great with my last name also, didn’t know it was so popular now.  

On 1/20/2022 at 3:27 PM, thunderlounge said:

(NSFW, but that should probably go without saying.)

On 1/20/2022 at 2:27 PM, thunderlounge said:

Amberlamps

ShallowOffbeatHedgehog-size_restricted.g

• Haha 1

I was told tonight that I must attend shower for grandbaby.  

My son and I will be in charge of making the "Baby is brewing" beer table for the guys.

"How big can it be?"

I got the go-to-hell look.

• 3 months later...