2022 Australian Open

shadow_operative2.0

Play begins tonight at 6 on ESPN. 

Men's draw pdf

Novak is officially out, replaced by a lucky loser ranked around #150. At least everyone can move on now. 

Women's draw pdf

Barty is the heavy betting favorite, but that's no fun with the ladies. Just to be crazy, I'll predict a Badosa/Kerber final. 

• Hook 'Em 1

24 minutes ago, perfectchaos007 said:

I don’t see anyone beating Barty. Mens side Medvedev I guess.

Barty's just so crafty. Even when someone else is overpowering her, she finds a way to mix things up. She is, and should be, the favorite for this tournament.

Badosa, Keys, Halep, Osaka, Gauff, and Krejcikova all have the game to knock off Barty. Only Gauff in that group might be a little shy of having what it takes to win 7 straight.

I don't think that anyone else, including Garbiñe & Kerber, has what it takes to win 7 straight in Melbourne. And that also includes all Slam winners in the field plus the Gold medal B(encic).

9 hours ago, Hefeweizen said:

Barty on the women, and in a shocker, Zverev the wife beater in the men’s.

1) “Allegedly” a beater of his lady or ladies.

2) He’s never been married, so is he accused of beating someone else’s wife?

3) With his len’th, he can dole out a forehand or a backhand from just about anywhere in the room.

4) Agree that the two tall Russians, Zverev (via Germany) and Medvedev (via Monte Carlo), are the favorites over the half-Russian (via Greece, by way of Monte Carlo) Tsitsipas, the calf-Russian (via Israel) Karatsev, the fly-weight Russian Rublev,  or the maple-Russian (via Canada) Shapovalov.

Though I would love it if the chocolate croissant (aka pan au chocolate) banging the White Russian (via Ukraine) Svitolina won the whole sh-bang! Gael Monfils won 9 days ago Down Under and he’s playing with a smile.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, perfectchaos007 said:

Coco making a bid to go home on day 1. Already down a set to Wang

Living at home/being home schooled or being out on the WTA circuit , I don’t think that Coco has a lot of experience dealing with Wangs yet. 

American Cressy just choked away a primo opportunity to win the first set. Nadal takes it 7-6(6).

1 minute ago, Napoleon said:

Living at home/being home schooled or being out on the WTA circuit , I don’t think that Coco has a lot of experience dealing with Wangs yet. 

American Cressy just choked away a primo opportunity to win the first set. Nadal takes it 7-6(6).

bro you're watching a re-run of a warmup tournament 😅

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, perfectchaos007 said:

bro you're watching a re-run of a warmup tournament 😅

Well that’s awkward. 

Where in the hell is the LIVE TENNIS?

I was looking on my phone and found a match in Melbourne and thought, okay, time to finish my midnight snack and watch some tennis. 

😳

🤯

Kenin did much better than I had anticipated. I was thinking more along the lines of 6-2, 6-1.

It was straight sets, but the first set went to a tie-breaker, 7-6, 7-5.

With Madison serving like this, anyone can lose. This is from her last service game to win the match.

Screen Shot 2022-01-17 at 3.14.12 AM.png

Possibility that Sloane hasn’t exactly been focusing on tennis since the end of last season. My prediction that Sloane could beat Emma no matter what was a bit off. (Though the Kerber not having 7 wins in her was apparently sunshine pumping.)

https://www.becauseofthemwecan.com/blogs/culture/tennis-star-sloane-stephens-marries-soccer-player-jozy-altidore-in-gorgeous-wedding

A236D9A0-76D2-49F6-8670-942CA6F26F28.jpeg

39088941-EF54-4951-8795-C3275714D526.jpeg

066CD81D-DCDA-4392-BEF8-A3BB21B5D867.jpeg