Dallas Cowboys 2022 Offseason Thread -- Every Time Jerrah Talks, an Angel Sheds Their Wings

Patrick Bateman

Maybe I’m in the minority but I want to keep Kellen if he doesn’t get a HC job. Give him an off-season to learn from his mistakes. He got figured out this year and with the interior oline being what it is, I feel like there were only so many adjustments to he made. I think he’s a smart enough dude to figure it out and I think he would have success somewhere else if we let him go. 

Maybe I’m in the minority but I want to keep Kellen if he doesn’t get a HC job. Give him an off-season to learn from his mistakes. He got figured out this year and with the interior oline being what it is, I feel like there were only so many adjustments to he made. I think he’s a smart enough dude to figure it out and I think he would have success somewhere else if we let him go. 

You are in a minority. He is horrible. The Oline issues aren’t new, it’s called being prepared. His QB has regressed and that starts with his coaching. His play calling stinks. His tempo stinks. He needs to be coaching high school in Idaho.

Career backups who played and coached only for loser career backup qb coaches typically will be a sucky coach. Moore should be run out of Texas.
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, youdunnf'dup said:

Adjust faster.

Big boy league.  This ain’t intramurals.

On 1/18/2022 at 9:29 PM, Porterhouse said:

Prince Bandar happened and Jimmy said “fuck it, I’m out.”  I really don’t think he was fired. I think it was a mutual parting of ways. Jimmy said, you gotta change and stop with the clown show you’re running. Jerry said nope, my team, leave if ya want.  And he did, and Jerry hasn’t been the same since. 

I do agree with your assessment of next year and ultimately when McCarthy gets canned. It won’t be this year because the Jones family are all retards. It will be next year, and I’ll say 9-8 and no playoffs - at best. I’ll make an early prediction of 7-10 or 6-11 in a disaster of a season. 

Jimmy was always leaving after the 93 season. He’s said so. He was interviewing DURING that season. He never stayed anywhere longer than 5 (6?) seasons his entire coaching career.

33 minutes ago, lilMAC25 said:

Jimmy was always leaving after the 93 season. He’s said so. He was interviewing DURING that season. He never stayed anywhere longer than 5 (6?) seasons his entire coaching career.

Okay, maybe so. Prince Bandar happened during that season. Jerry’s actions hastened Jimmy’s departure. If Jerry had been totally hands-off and not been a ringmaster, I don’t know if Jimmy would’ve stayed but it certainly would have helped. 

If Jimmy is saying that in recent years, it may be because he is trying to protect his friend from fucking it up back then. If he’s always said that, I have missed it. 

Kellen may have some smarts, he can draw up some cute plays that may work in certain situations, but he doesn't understand big picture OC stuff. He studied under some really limited offensive minds and outdated philosophies of Callahan and Garrett. Think about that. I'm not necessarily a huge believer in coaching trees, but Kellen has pretty much been stunted as an OC candidate and really never had any business being either an OC or quarterback coach in the NFL. He has missed far too much undergrad type study and got skipped ahead way too fast. The Cowboys need some modern NFL minds.

3 hours ago, youdunnf'dup said:

There is nothing that i have seen that points to Moore being some good coach. He should still be a QB coach honestly. Dude is the definition of not ready for primetime. I would cut ties and tell him good luck. He won't learn to be better if he isn't held accountable.

1 hour ago, Porterhouse said:

Okay, maybe so. Prince Bandar happened during that season. Jerry’s actions hastened Jimmy’s departure. If Jerry had been totally hands-off and not been a ringmaster, I don’t know if Jimmy would’ve stayed but it certainly would have helped. 

If Jimmy is saying that in recent years, it may be because he is trying to protect his friend from fucking it up back then. If he’s always said that, I have missed it. 

they've both been trying to put lipstick on the pig a bit, for a while now, so the Cowboys Ring of Honor ceremony(when it happens), doesn't look like a farce.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Porterhouse said:

Jerry Jones is a backwoods dipshit asshole.

If he could have reined in his dickheadedness, maybe Jimmy stays another year, but probably not.

Edited by lilMAC25

Jimmy said it in the nfl films doc on the 93 super bowl released a couple months after he left. Prince Bandar had nothing to fucking do with it. Jimmy was burned out and wanted to move back to Florida. He was not interested in a three peat run. And guess what, the team other than Troy and Emmitt were burned out on Jimmy’s intensity. A lot have said they hated not winning the 94 SB but that Barry put some enjoyment back in the game.
  • Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Immaculate Vibes said:

This is shitty Dak 

Dak is late and Lamb is indecisive. The problem looks to be they aren't on the same page, there is too much delay by both of them committing to their read because they aren't in sync. They both seem to be unsure what the other is going to do. That's largely up to coaching that up and executing in practice until it becomes near automatic.

Edited by DougO

2 hours ago, Texzilla58 said:

Jimmy said it in the nfl films doc on the 93 super bowl released a couple months after he left. Prince Bandar had nothing to fucking do with it. Jimmy was burned out and wanted to move back to Florida. He was not interested in a three peat run. And guess what, the team other than Troy and Emmitt were burned out on Jimmy’s intensity. A lot have said they hated not winning the 94 SB but that Barry put some enjoyment back in the game.

Shut the fuck up Texzilla. 

9 minutes ago, futureman said:

source?

Jimmy Fucking Johnson on NFL Network Super Bowl show America’s Game” where they recap the entire season with players and coaches.

Jimmy said “I had a date in my calendar when I would leave the Dallas Cowboys.”

Troy was Pissed because Jimmy was demanding 100% and Jimmy was interviewing with Jacksonville.

Edited by lilMAC25
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, lilMAC25 said:

Jimmy Fucking Johnson on NFL Network Super Bowl show where they recap the entire season with players and coaches.

Jimmy said “I had a date in my calendar when I would leave the Dallas Cowboys.”.

do you have a credible source?  you are not a credible source. 

• Fuck You 1

20 minutes ago, futureman said:

do you have a credible source?  you are not a credible source. 

42:30

Jimmy: “I had a date in my calendar when I was gonna leave the Dallas Cowboys. As it turns out I left maybe a month early…. But I had plans all along to leave…

Jimmy probably isn’t a credible source…

Edited by lilMAC25
  • Like 1

Anyone thinking Jimmy would have stayed with Cowboys as long as Landry or even thru the 90’s doesn’t understand His history or how he lives. Had he stayed another year he would have stroked out he was so driven. He bears witness to how bad his drive to succeed cost him his family, his friendships, to where he didn’t enjoy the ride. He’s very reflective of all this in his interviews around his HoF induction. He’s happy fishing in the keys and drinking beer.

• Hook 'Em 2

9 hours ago, Texzilla58 said:

Anyone thinking Jimmy would have stayed with Cowboys as long as Landry or even thru the 90’s doesn’t understand His history or how he lives. Had he stayed another year he would have stroked out he was so driven. He bears witness to how bad his drive to succeed cost him his family, his friendships, to where he didn’t enjoy the ride. He’s very reflective of all this in his interviews around his HoF induction. He’s happy fishing in the keys and drinking beer.

No! If it wasn't for Jerry, Jimmy never woulda left and the Cowboys woulda had an 8-peat!

On 1/20/2022 at 5:36 PM, futureman said:

how has this not been posted?

Literally every single one of those was Gregory "tackling" a blocker that wasn't trying to block him. They were all pulling to block someone else and Gregory was stopping them from getting there. So, not sure how he could have been trying to "shed" the blocks when they weren't intended for him in the first place. Daring the refs to call holding? Okay, sure (defensive holding rarely gets called on the line, especially on run plays so maybe not a bad strategy). But the rest of that tweet is crap. Most of the defensive line's job is to disrupt whatever the offensive line is trying to accomplish, especially on run plays.

On 1/20/2022 at 7:55 PM, totallynotabuttpirate said:

Troy is also looking for Romo money in his next contract. No incentive to work 60-80 hours a week as GM or coach if you can make 18 mil a year working on weekends for 4 months.  

If you think that's all Troy (or any announcer) does, you're sorely underestimating how much they work. It's definitely more cushy than a GM or head coach, but those guys work their ass off between games.

17 hours ago, DougO said:

Dak is late and Lamb is indecisive. The problem looks to be they aren't on the same page, there is too much delay by both of them committing to their read because they aren't in sync. They both seem to be unsure what the other is going to do. That's largely up to coaching that up and executing in practice until it becomes near automatic.

Dak rarely anticipates anything

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Landomatic said:

If you think that's all Troy (or any announcer) does, you're sorely underestimating how much they work. It's definitely more cushy than a GM or head coach, but those guys work their ass off between games.

Troy puts in a lot of work, and smartly outsources a lot of the statistics and analytics gathering, but I'm not sure how much prep Romo puts in these days. He's so disjointed now i wouldn't be surprised if he does minimal prep for games. 

4 hours ago, Landomatic said:

Literally every single one of those was Gregory "tackling" a blocker that wasn't trying to block him. They were all pulling to block someone else and Gregory was stopping them from getting there. So, not sure how he could have been trying to "shed" the blocks when they weren't intended for him in the first place. Daring the refs to call holding? Okay, sure (defensive holding rarely gets called on the line, especially on run plays so maybe not a bad strategy). But the rest of that tweet is crap. Most of the defensive line's job is to disrupt whatever the offensive line is trying to accomplish, especially on run plays.

Those were definitely defensive holding and intentionally being done as a strategy. The problem with that is it gets the team a reputation and then the refs end up looking for every little thing to call. 

They have no one to blame but themselves for getting hammered by penalties. 

This GB/SF game is showing how far we are away from being anything in this league. We made a team with shit ass Jimmy G look legit and they had all the swagger. to the point where people actually giving them a chance. It's the playing Dallas effect. You think you are better than you are after the game and then get slapped in the face next week by a real team.

GB would have beat us by 5 TDs in Lambeau. 

1 minute ago, Vic Mackey said:

This GB/SF game is showing how far we are away from being anything in this league. We made a team with shit ass Jimmy G look legit and they had all the swagger. to the point where people actually giving them a chance. It's the playing Dallas effect. You think you are better than you are after the game and then get slapped in the face next week by a real team.

GB would have beat us by 5 TDs in Lambeau. 

It’s still early, but Green Bay -5.5 was one of the easiest bets I’ve ever made 

2 minutes ago, youdunnf'dup said:

I am trying to remember the last time in the playoffs Dallas had an easy drive to start a game to get a lead. We always start terrible in the playoff games. Or if we are moving the ball, it stalls out for a FG attempt.

2 hours ago, youdunnf'dup said:

2 hours ago, Vic Mackey said:

I am trying to remember the last time in the playoffs Dallas had an easy drive to start a game to get a lead. We always start terrible in the playoff games. Or if we are moving the ball, it stalls out for a FG attempt.

Greenspoint socks?

44 minutes ago, Hermanator said:

SF defense is legit. But the Cowboys offense screwed up so much they made it easy on them. 

Cowboys have McCarthy. They have stars on their helmets so they’ll be competitive and entertaining- they always are. But Niners have Shanahan. Not a contest. Anyone who thinks Niners have more talent than Cowboys is nuts. 

Does this story sound familiar to anyone? A long time back, say about the Dave Campo era, Jones interviewed Pete Carroll. Carroll says let's do this, I'm ready to sign - then Jones makes him an offer that would have made him the lowest paid coach in the NFL... Needless to say, Carroll told Jones to pound sand.

It brings up another question: When Jerry hired McBarnyard, what other head coaches got hired that year? Anyone notable that Jones should have taken the time to interview. As I recall, Jones rushed out and hired this shithead without talking to anybody else.