Dallas Cowboys 2022 Offseason Thread -- Every Time Jerrah Talks, an Angel Sheds Their Wings

Patrick Bateman

45 minutes ago, gsoda3 said:

i'm glad there was dashcam footage.  thought for sure it was gonna come out jones was drunk.  who tries to make a left turn from the right lane of a multi-lane one way road??

Dallas drivers.  Every major city has horrible traffic, but Dallas has to be up there in drivers who fuck about being in the wrong lane and decide they are going to fuck it up for everyone else by making their exit or turn.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

On 5/5/2022 at 2:41 PM, tokamak said:

Jerry Jones drives his own car? What the fuck?

I never understand these uber wealthy people who drive themselves. If I were even an ordinary millionaire I'd have a driver or at worst Uber X subscription. I fucking hate driving.

• Hook 'Em 1

6 hours ago, Gene Parmesan said:

Dallas drivers.  Every major city has horrible traffic, but Dallas has to be up there in drivers who fuck about being in the wrong lane and decide they are going to fuck it up for everyone else by making their exit or turn.

Been a problem in every metro I’ve lived in- most other experience being Austin and Dallas. 

hell, when I turn left onto parmer from 45 going home, it’s two turn lanes that go into two turn lanes back onto 45 west and two lanes for parmer. The inside turn lane has the first 3 lanes,  and the outside turn lane has painted lines guiding traffic to the outermost lane.  At least once a week I have to brake to avoid someone on the outside lane trying to turn into the second lane instead of the 4th. 

4 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Been a problem in every metro I’ve lived in- most other experience being Austin and Dallas. 

hell, when I turn left onto parmer from 45 going home, it’s two turn lanes that go into two turn lanes back onto 45 west and two lanes for parmer. The inside turn lane has the first 3 lanes,  and the outside turn lane has painted lines guiding traffic to the outermost lane.  At least once a week I have to brake to avoid someone on the outside lane trying to turn into the second lane instead of the 4th. 

These are the motherfuckers that didn't color in the lines when they were kids while their parents oohed and ahhed about "look at how creative she is."

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, futureman said:

kind of an interesting twitter thread, if only to marvel at how much can be said about something that has zero chance of happening while jerry still breathes.

Jerry won't even allow an NFL team in San Antonio or Austin. No way a 2nd team in Dallas happens. Stupid that's even a thought. 

7 hours ago, 'stache said:

I never understand these uber wealthy people who drive themselves. If I were even an ordinary millionaire I'd have a driver or at worst Uber X subscription. I fucking hate driving.

I'm the opposite. I don't want to have the hassle of calling for a ride and waiting for it every time I want to go to the store or to get a bite to eat or even just for a relaxing drive in the evening. That would suck. Plus I don't need a driver knowing my entire business and everything I do 

1 hour ago, Blackcat00 said:

Jerry won't even allow an NFL team in San Antonio or Austin. No way a 2nd team in Dallas happens. Stupid that's even a thought. 

I don't see how it's Jerry's call. After he tried to overthrow Goodell and the other owners bitch slapped him he got put in his place. If the other owners wanted a team in San Antonio or Austin one would relocate there. I'm thinking the Chargers are going to have to relocate before too long. They have zero fan base. 

kind of an interesting twitter thread, if only to marvel at how much can be said about something that has zero chance of happening while jerry still breathes.

If the chargers went to SA, they would dominate everything I-10 and south in to the valley.

I don't see how it's Jerry's call. After he tried to overthrow Goodell and the other owners bitch slapped him he got put in his place. If the other owners wanted a team in San Antonio or Austin one would relocate there. I'm thinking the Chargers are going to have to relocate before too long. They have zero fan base. 

Jerry has a ton of pull in the league. Houston has same issues with a third Texas team. There will not be one in Texas. These Dallasites are freaking out because they chased Jerry out like they did Murchison clinging to that pissthrough Cotton Bowl and their city is falling behind Ft Worth and the northern tier cities. Whining that you need a team because it’s a 30 minute drive to the game ain’t gonna cut it especially when the site is likely another Cotton Bowl reno or some shithole in south Dallas.

The other owners would not allow a second Dallas team. They make a shit ton of money off the Cowboys in home attendance and TV revenue. They ain’t gonna kill that golden goose.

Another team in Dallas is stupid, but if the league wanted a team in San Antionio or Austin there would be a team there regardless of what Jerry Jones wants. Just like Goddell is still commissioner even though Jerry tried to stage a coup against him. 

They don't have a team there because they don't see a financial advantage in it. 

If there were a second D/FW franchise it would only be due to Goodell sticking it to Jerry. But it won't happen.

It’s stupid talk. The league, meaning the owners, will not expand. They will not dilute their revenue. Jax and Chargers are really the only questionable franchises. Neither are coming to DFW. Maybe San Antonio/Austin but not Dallas. Not the shitty Cotton Bowl. They could have kept the Cowboys with Murchison, and got ‘em back with Jerry until Laura Miller ridiculed him.

Chargers need new ownership and a move back to San Diego in a new stadium. Jax has issues. Khan wants them in London. That’s a bad idea.

On 5/6/2022 at 11:11 PM, Hermanator said:

The Chargers would have zero fans in Dallas as well. 

What a dumbass idea. NY only has two teams because of the merger and it’s enormous population and weird historical loyalties. LA only has two teams because of some really stupid reasons, but partly because of the outlandish cost of the new stadium and San Diego’s struggle for a new stadium and there’s at least history there with both teams. And despite growth, LA is still 5 million people bigger that DFW. Dallas taxpayers have already made clear they don’t want to subsidize a billionaire’s business venture in city limits (agree or disagree votes have been against it more than once). You’re not going to build any sort of loyalty for a new team. Not gonna happen.

Edited by 'stache

15 hours ago, 'stache said:

What a dumbass idea. NY only has two teams because of the merger and it’s enormous population and weird historical loyalties. LA only has two teams because of some really stupid reasons, but partly because of the outlandish cost of the new stadium and San Diego’s struggle for a new stadium and there’s at least history there with both teams. And despite growth, LA is still 5 million people bigger that DFW. Dallas taxpayers have already made clear they don’t want to subsidize a billionaire’s business venture in city limits (agree or disagree votes have been against it more than once). You’re not going to build any sort of loyalty for a new team. Not gonna happen.

What if Jerry lets the new B-team use his stadium? That would mean more money for Jerry. Jerry likes money.

• Like 1

Some of y’all are really stupid about a second Dallas team. It will never happen. The league and owners will never act to dilute the power of the Cowboys. It drives TV revenue, away attendance, 12 month interest in the league. They all benefit from the Cowboys. You may not like Jerry but he’s built the team into the most valuable enterprise in sports.

There’s a reason the Texans moved to KC and those reasons still exist. Dallas will never support a single tax dollar to fund a stadium site other than the cotton bowl anyway. The mayor is smoking crack. At some point TX-OU will move to ATT or home and home and Dallas will have nothing.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Fuck You 1

34 minutes ago, Trey3216 said:

Previous Year SoS is one of the dumbest metrics one could use.   Soooooooo dumb.  

Sure but it also shows how shitty the NFC East is as a whole. We are all 4 at the bottom due to how bad the rest of the teams in there are.