Dallas Cowboys 2022 Offseason Thread -- Every Time Jerrah Talks, an Angel Sheds Their Wings

Patrick Bateman

Over/under: 10.5

Prediction: A year ago, the Cowboys won 12 games, but they don't have Amari Cooper, Randy Gregory, Connor Williams or La'el Collins around this year. They haven't made the big free-agent splashes. Their draft didn't generate a ton of buzz, either. So why 10.5? They are tied with Washington for the easiest strength of schedule based off last year's win percentages. -- Todd Archer

https://www.espn.com/chalk/story/_/id/33899531/nfl-win-total-predictions-2022-reporters-make-picks-all-32-teams#DAL

18 hours ago, kingkoopa6 said:

Nose bleeds. Fuck it

F533E931-6D67-4EFA-A7BD-3F92ADA1721D.thumb.png.417da3c80cb283ba97e26c8b6089fee9.png

Have fun with the rest of the trash. I can’t believe there are people that not only attend games after being offered free suite tickets, but also losers that a) buy tickets and b) buy nosebleeds. What a waste of $ and more importantly time and patience. 

24 minutes ago, Porterhouse said:

Have fun with the rest of the trash. I can’t believe there are people that not only attend games after being offered free suite tickets, but also losers that a) buy tickets and b) buy nosebleeds. What a waste of $ and more importantly time and patience. 

the-dude-yeah-well-you-know-thats-just-l

16 minutes ago, C-Man said:

the-dude-yeah-well-you-know-thats-just-l

The prospect of going to a Cowboys game in person over watching on my coach is a miserable thought. I’m not alone. Most in attendance are trash. I wouldn't ever pay for a game. Ever. 

15 minutes ago, Porterhouse said:

The prospect of going to a Cowboys game in person over watching on my coach is a miserable thought. I’m not alone. Most in attendance are trash. I wouldn't ever pay for a game. Ever. 

I probably wouldn't bother sitting in the nosebleeds but if I get offered good seats -- or freebies in a box -- you can bet your ass I'd go to a game. (I agree a lot of NFL fans are gutter trash but I still like being at games live.)

3 minutes ago, C-Man said:

I probably wouldn't bother sitting in the nosebleeds but if I get offered good seats -- or freebies in a box -- you can bet your ass I'd go to a game. (I agree a lot of NFL fans are gutter trash but I still like being at games live.)

Sterile environment and the biggest logistical nightmare ever of any stadium EVER conceived. If I had dominion of great seats, I would immediately StubHub them. There are few things I hate more than going to Cowboys games. 

3 minutes ago, Porterhouse said:

Sterile environment and the biggest logistical nightmare ever of any stadium EVER conceived. If I had dominion of great seats, I would immediately StubHub them. There are few things I hate more than going to Cowboys games. 

Did you miss that @kingkoopa6 is going to see the Cowboys-Rams game at SoFi Stadium in LA? Not JerryWorld.

17 minutes ago, Porterhouse said:

Yes. But it really doesn’t matter. 

So JerryWorld is a sterile environment and the "biggest logistical nightmare" of any stadium ever built so ALL NFL stadiums are the same? Got it.

Personally, I think SoFi looks pretty kick ass from what I've seen of it. JerryWorld is infinitely better if/when the roof is open -- and the game isn't a 3 PM start. Hate that you can't circumnavigate on every level, though.

Just now, C-Man said:

So JerryWorld is a sterile environment and the "biggest logistical nightmare" of any stadium ever built so ALL NFL stadiums are the same? Got it.

Personally, I think SoFi looks pretty kick ass from what I've seen of it. JerryWorld is infinitely better if/when the roof is open -- and the game isn't a 3 PM start. Hate that you can't circumnavigate on every level, though.

Glad you think you’ve got it. You don’t. 

i get it PH. not everyone's cup of tea.

i did Boys @ Chargers - and Jags @ Rams last season...Sofi is beautiful stadium.

nosebleeds do suck... i said never again after Spurs @ Lakers one time- and beer was tossed at me and the lady of the night.

im def gonna have to be alert and on guard up there with the poors... 

I mainly go so i can add content to the hot or not thread. i gotta keep up with @Burt

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Porterhouse said:

Unmmm he's going to the game in LA. Pretty sure Jerry World does not have a 500 section. 

1 hour ago, Vic Mackey said:

Unmmm he's going to the game in LA. Pretty sure Jerry World does not have a 500 section. 

Pretty sure you’re the only one here that knows that. Thank you for knowing that. 

Cowboys waive kicker Chris Naggar - https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com

Spoiler

Cowboys waive kicker Chris Naggar

Posted by Charean Williams on May 13, 2022, 6:29 PM EDT

The Cowboys are looking for a kicker after releasing veteran Greg Zuerlein this offseason. Zuerlein signed with the Jets.

The new kicker won’t be Chris Naggar.

The Cowboys announced Friday they cut Naggar to reach the 90-player offseason roster limit.

Naggar, 24, kicked in one game for the Browns last season in his only career NFL experience. He made a 37-yard field goal and was 1-for-2 on extra points.

Naggar’s departure leaves only undrafted rookie Jonathan Garibay at the position for the Cowboys. Garibay made 15-of-16 field goals and 49-of-50 extra points at Texas Tech last season.

The Cowboys are looking at better consistency at the position than they had last season.

Zuerlein, who was scheduled to make $2.25 million in 2022, missed six field goal attempts (29-of-35) and six point-after tries (42-of-48) in 2021.

On 5/13/2022 at 11:58 AM, Pato del Muerto said:

8-9. And division champs?

Nobody in this division has gone back to back since 2004. This team probably won’t be the first. The eagles will probably find a way to go 9-8 and something will happen where we implode and McCarthy gets fired. It seems so obvious 

Biggest hole: Defensive line

The Cowboys drafted Sam Williams in the second round to help replace Randy Gregory, and the in-house replacement appears to be Dante Fowler Jr.. While the Cowboys by no means have a bad line on paper -- they're pretty strong on paper as a whole -- a scenario where DeMarcus Lawrence is hurt or unproductive and the Cowboys ask a lot of Micah Parsons again is plausible. In that scenario, it's a big ask for Williams and Fowler to contribute a meaningful pass rush.

Fifth-rounder John Ridgeway (Arkansas) was a stab at fixing the interior run defense. The Cowboys don't have a lot of interior production between Carlos Watkins on run downs and Trysten Hill on passing downs. It'd be a big boon if someone on the line took a big step forward to help settle the interior. Larry Ogunjobi, who lost a big contract with the Bears on account of a failed physical, could be an interesting fit if looking at free agents.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/insider/story/_/id/33899907/biggest-nfl-roster-holes-all-32-teams-2022-draft-team-missing-potential-solutions-more#DAL

How about winning, Jerruh? You fuckstick! Not that we already didn’t know this. Any publicity is good as far is he’s concerned. Damnit. Between this and showing the world his draft board…it’s sad that none of his spawn are competent to run the team…BTW, most of us fans like winning. Not reading about the owner or the team in the papers bc they are a freak show. 

“The foibles, the soap opera, the issues,” Jones said. “They create interest. Add in the Senior Bowl, the Combine, free agency, the draft, training camp, we always got something going. People follow us year ‘round. The owner every now and then gets in the paper. It just adds to the interest, all of it. People love that.”

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2022/05/17/jerry-jones-bad-news-is-good-for-business/

• Haha 1

On 5/17/2022 at 7:18 AM, Nicole44 said:

“The foibles, the soap opera, the issues,” Jones said. “They create interest. Add in the Senior Bowl, the Combine, free agency, the draft, training camp, we always got something going. People follow us year ‘round. The owner every now and then gets in the paper. It just adds to the interest, all of it. People love that.”

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2022/05/17/jerry-jones-bad-news-is-good-for-business/

I have literally no interest in this owner, and I certainly don't love it when he bum rushes any camera in sight to start yapping away like an ugly dog on meth.

My respect for any owner of a team is in direct proportion to how well their team does in meaningful wins through the years. So, yeah, fuck Jerry.

• Hook 'Em 1

The usual Peter King biases.

Niners that high with Trey Lance? Nope.
Eagles with Hurts? Nope.
Saints? They will be bad.
Broncos? Wilson ain’t fixing everything.

Cowboys aren’t going 9-8 because of the East putridness. They will win the East then sink like a rock in the playoffs again. Another 12-5 waste.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, Vic Mackey said:

I would change the idiotic practice of announcing power rankings before OTA's, right after the draft, or really any time. They are stupid.

Just watch the damn games. The records will dictate the rankings. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

I would also change the availability of worthless slapnuts like King Peter to have his dipshit blathering spread around everywhere. I don't know why he, among many others, actually gets paid to blabber about nothing of any importance or any particular enlightenment or entertainment.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Texzilla58 said:

The usual Peter King biases.

Niners that high with Trey Lance? Nope.
Eagles with Hurts? Nope.
Saints? They will be bad.
Broncos? Wilson ain’t fixing everything.

Cowboys aren’t going 9-8 because of the East putridness. They will win the East then sink like a rock in the playoffs again. Another 12-5 waste.

I agree with everything except the Broncos comment. I think he will help a lot. They have the pieces in place. But since they won it all in 2015 and Manning retired, their QBs have been garbage. Bottom of the barrel. I don't think Russell is some QB god like some think but you give him a good defense like he had in his early days in Seattle, he can be very effective and get the most out the offense. Now will that be enough to do damage? Not sure because the AFC itself is stacked with talented QBs, especially in the West. Afc West might be the deepest in terms of qb talent. And ours in the East might be the worst. 

43 minutes ago, DougO said:

I would change the idiotic practice of announcing power rankings before OTA's, right after the draft, or really any time. They are stupid.

Just watch the damn games. The records will dictate the rankings. 

40 minutes ago, DougO said:

I would also change the availability of worthless slapnuts like King Peter to have his dipshit blathering spread around everywhere. I don't know why he, among many others, actually gets paid to blabber about nothing of any importance or any particular enlightenment or entertainment.

I don’t think you understand how media works. 

I know he’s injury prone, but what’s the story on will fuller? Is he healthy right now? If so, I’d take a shot on him with a one year deal. When he’s healthy, he can be a difference maker. Our passing game will be dog shit to start the year with what we’re working with right this second 

I agree with everything except the Broncos comment. I think he will help a lot. They have the pieces in place. But since they won it all in 2015 and Manning retired, their QBs have been garbage. Bottom of the barrel. I don't think Russell is some QB god like some think but you give him a good defense like he had in his early days in Seattle, he can be very effective and get the most out the offense. Now will that be enough to do damage? Not sure because the AFC itself is stacked with talented QBs, especially in the West. Afc West might be the deepest in terms of qb talent. And ours in the East might be the worst. 

I didn’t say that as a knock on Wilson. I’ve always been a fan of his as he’s the kind of QB that can take a team on his shoulders. It’s more a comment on King having all four afc west teams in his top 14. I don’t buy into the Raiders love this year as much as the media hacks want to push them; I am not on board the josh McDaniel - Derek Carr train and if they sign Kaep it gets worse. I think the Chargers have to learn to be winners including their coach to get over the hump. And we have no clue about Hackett as a head coach, so i think they’re ranked a bit high.

I have doubts as to whether Wilson can be back to at least 75% of his old self. I'm not sure his struggles the last couple of years are all due to injuries.

He can still make them better, but they needs better pieces around him as well.