Dallas Cowboys 2022 Offseason Thread -- Every Time Jerrah Talks, an Angel Sheds Their Wings

Patrick Bateman

10 hours ago, youdunnf'dup said:

The thing is, I don’t think that was just a moment of frustration like some people in the cowboys media are trying to play it off as. I think this team genuinely believes they got fucked by the refs all year. No accountability. Not from the HC, the QB, or any of your defensive leaders outside of Parsons. Of all the glaring red flags we had this season, the openly blaming the refs and the lack of accountability is easily number one for me. That’s more than just “fix the interior oline and draft Tyron’s replacement”. That tells me this group of guys don’t have it. 

They must get rid of McCarthy and replace him with a very clear upgrade and failing that, Quinn. 

3 minutes ago, Porterhouse said:

They must get rid of McCarthy and replace him with a very clear upgrade and failing that, Quinn. 

Stephen pretty definitively said yesterday that they are sticking with McCarthy. I guess they could always walk that back, but sounded like a head coaching change is pretty much off the table.

1 hour ago, youdunnf'dup said:

Still think it’s laughable that even one person would take Dak over Josh Allen, but with that being said, if Dak has even an ounce of resolve he will work all off-season on his deficiencies and come back a better player. At his best he’s still a top 10 qb. Just need more consistency.   

He might but I’ve seen enough out of him to know he can’t lead a team in the playoffs no matter how hard he works. With his commentary about the refs, at his age now, he won’t lead anything of substance, and shouldn’t. They need to be prepared to take his empty stats and trade after next season. But they won’t because they’re “loyal” and think he’s on par with the Top 5 QBs. He is nowhere near the Top 5 QBs. 

Just now, Landomatic said:

Stephen pretty definitively said yesterday that they are sticking with McCarthy. I guess they could always walk that back, but sounded like a head coaching change is pretty much off the table.

They’re morons. This is yet another example. 

1 minute ago, Landomatic said:

He very craftily said it, not very definitively.  The question was posed "Are you confident that McCarthy will return next year" and Stephen answered "Yes, we're confident he'll be returning."  Lot of leeway in that response.  

3 minutes ago, Trey3216 said:

He very craftily said it, not very definitively.  The question was posed "Are you confident that McCarthy will return next year" and Stephen answered "Yes, we're confident he'll be returning."  Lot of leeway in that response.  

Well, I think he technically said, "Absolutely. Very confident." when asked if he was confident McCarthy would be retained. But yeah, always some leeway in these types of things.

The problem is, I don't know if a replacement exists that would make Jerry jump. It's easy for us all to look at it and say that Quinn would be an upgrade, but he's not some slam dunk hire by any means. Moore is probably even more of a gamble. I mean, sure Sean Payton, but he's a huge longshot from a contract standpoint.

23 minutes ago, Landomatic said:

I mean that worked with garrett so I understand their thinking. stephen is a smart guy and learns well from past experience. 

2 minutes ago, futureman said:

I mean that worked with garrett so I understand their thinking. stephen is a smart guy and learns well from past experience. 

Hey pal, he's smarter than Junior. So...yeah...there's that.

In all seriousness, Charlotte is probably the smartest one, but of course she's not being groomed to take over. So we'll take Stephen and we'll like it.

The one thing I can say about Stephen is that he does not have Jerry's massive ego. He may get it the day he takes the reins. But as of now, he might be an upgrade, at least from that perspective.

7 minutes ago, Landomatic said:

In all seriousness, Charlotte is probably the smartest one, but of course she's not being groomed to take over. So we'll take Stephen and we'll like it.

The one thing I can say about Stephen is that he does not have Jerry's massive ego. He may get it the day he takes the reins. But as of now, he might be an upgrade, at least from that perspective.

agreed that the only thing we can hope is that Stephen doesn't give a shit that Jimmy is the one that won Jerry 3 Super Bowls.

Charlotte will be the CEO and run the team corporate entity and be the boss. Jerry Jr is the sales guy doing non football stuff. Stephen will head football operations with Will McClay. We don’t know enough about the grandkids and their interest.

Charlotte is brilliant and as visionary as Daddy. She has led the NFL efforts to make safe play a priority all the way down to elementary school and teaching single mothers how to coach proper tackling. Why? Because those mamas have to sign the permission slips. And they are the ones who will shut down the radicals that want to kill football.
  • Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Trey3216 said:

Also, though it was immediately after a terrible loss, Jerry did two really interesting, mature things: 1) he did not endorse McCarthy. He said “now’s not the time to be discussing this”. 2) about the refs, he said “we never should have been in position to let the game be in their hands” or something to that effect. 

1 hour ago, Texzilla58 said:

Charlotte will be the CEO and run the team corporate entity and be the boss. Jerry Jr is the sales guy doing non football stuff. Stephen will head football operations with Will McClay. We don’t know enough about the grandkids and their interest.

Charlotte is brilliant and as visionary as Daddy. She has led the NFL efforts to make safe play a priority all the way down to elementary school and teaching single mothers how to coach proper tackling. Why? Because those mamas have to sign the permission slips. And they are the ones who will shut down the radicals that want to kill football.

So this makes Charlotte brilliant and visionary?  Lulz. I’m sick of hearing this about her. Maybe she is, but I seriously doubt it hanging around her dad. 

Jerry Jr. is by far the smartest according to a friend who still works very closely with the entire family. Says he busts his ass, is extremely competent, smart, and patient, and very intentionally stays out of the limelight, unlike Dad, bro and sis. 

2 hours ago, Landomatic said:

Sounds like there's no reason to expect anything different next year then.

I’d fire a coach as soon as it’s evident it’s not going to work out. It won’t work out with Mike. Never. He’s already got his overrated QB blaming factors other than his overpaid ass. That by itself is a firable offense. 

4 hours ago, youdunnf'dup said:

Still think it’s laughable that even one person would take Dak over Josh Allen, but with that being said, if Dak has even an ounce of resolve he will work all off-season on his deficiencies and come back a better player. At his best he’s still a top 10 qb. Just need more consistency.   

He's starting to sound like a programmed robot in his press conferences. It's like he's got the "what you're supposed to say" playbook memorized and just regurgitates it ad nauseum. He says all the right things but nothing changes.

• Rage+1 1

28 minutes ago, youdunnf'dup said:

Not surprising, but still…

If I'm correct over $150 million of an approx $210 million cap is tied into Dak, Zeke, Cooper, Tyron, Martin, Collins, Lawrence. 

Can't do anything about Dak and Zeke. Don't want to do anything about Martin. I don't know what the cap hit would be for the rest but I'd think you could get out fairly cheap on Tyron, Cooper, Collins, and Lawrence. Out of those Tyron, Cooper, and Collins aren't giving you anything what you're paying in production anymore. 

Edited by Hermanator

1 minute ago, Hermanator said:

If I'm correct over $150 million of an approx $210 million cap is tied into Dak, Zeke, Cooper, Tyron, Martin, Collins, Lawrence. 

Can't do anything about Dak and Zeke. Don't want to do anything about Martin. I don't know what the cap hit would be for the rest but I'd think you could get out fairly cheap on Tyron, Cooper, Collins, and Lawrence. Out of those Tyron, Cooper, and Collins aren't giving you anything what you're paying in production anymore. 

Collins as a Guard is worth it. Tyron's contract is very team friendly.  the Dak and Zeke contracts are the problem.  

the time machine where Romo gets inserted back in after his injury in 2016...

2016 season would have ended the same. That defense wasn't good and Dak played a good game in the playoff game. Rodgers would have beaten Romo last min too the same as he did Dak. 

Dak as regressed a lot since then. I put that on Moore. I'd fire Moore for that and fire McCarthy because the team's mentality is fucked. Under him they've become a bunch if whiners blaming the refs all the way from the starting QB to 2 linebackers to your highly paid DE. McCarthy lost all sense of focus and discipline with the team and there's no getting that back. 

I'd look seriously at cutting Tyron, Collins, and Cooper to get cap relief and look to mid level free agents and the draft to build. Running this thing back without big changes won't get any better results. Very low chance they stay this healthy next season. 

All starts with HC.  And trickles down to QB...Dak may seem like a cool nice guy that teammates love, but he isn't a true leader right now that can put a team on his back. 

My buddies and I had a joke all season "oh it's Big Game Dak"...whenever the Cowboys were getting their ass kicked and he couldn't bring them back.

Parts of the team just crumble when trying to make a comeback in each game...not everyone gets on the same page in sync.

The post game comments by Dak about the trash throwing and his explanation of the last play was not that of a leader.  Blaming refs is stupid when half your penalties were presnap.  Then he explains 'they practice giving ball to center to set it and then the ref comes to tap it before they can hike the ball.'  He obviously was taught/trained/practiced incorrectly - but should still know the rules how a ref must set the ball, not your center.  Idiot.

Tyron is $17m cap. $12m dead cap
Collins is $15m cap. $14m dead cap
Tank is $27m cap. $19m dead cap.
Cooper is $22m cap. $6m dead cap.

I’m keeping Tyron another year, finding a FA for RT to move to LT in 23 or 24. Keep Collins and move to LG. Need a badass Center. Frederick’s retirement killed this line. I’m of the belief joe Philbin is a shitty line coach. Fire him.

If you lose Cooper you’re likely down to CeeDee and nobodies. I’m keeping him and making sure the new OC (please God!) gets both into the game plans early and often.

8 minutes ago, Texzilla58 said:

Tyron is $17m cap. $12m dead cap
Collins is $15m cap. $14m dead cap
Tank is $27m cap. $19m dead cap.
Cooper is $22m cap. $6m dead cap.

I’m keeping Tyron another year, finding a FA for RT to move to LT in 23 or 24. Keep Collins and move to LG. Need a badass Center. Frederick’s retirement killed this line. I’m of the belief joe Philbin is a shitty line coach. Fire him.

If you lose Cooper you’re likely down to CeeDee and nobodies. I’m keeping him and making sure the new OC (please God!) gets both into the game plans early and often.

Tank will likely re-structure his contract this offseason.   If he does, I cut Cooper (even though I don't want to) and try to get Gallup to sign a 1 year prove it deal and Wilson to sign a 3 year #3 guy deal. 

Agree on keeping Tyron this year, and moving Collins to LG.  

1 hour ago, C-Man said:

He's starting to sound like a programmed robot in his press conferences. It's like he's got the "what you're supposed to say" playbook memorized and just regurgitates it ad nauseum. He says all the right things but nothing changes.

You must not have been listening after the game. He went way off script and made an ass of himself. 

1 hour ago, Hermanator said:

Neither is Lawrence. 

1 hour ago, Porterhouse said:

You must not have been listening after the game. He went way off script and made an ass of himself. 

I didn't hear much but I read a little. The rest of his schtick sounds fake AF -- shit like "this is on me, I've got to better" but I don't think he really believes it.

He's a hell of a find in the fourth round. I don't think he's a championship-level QB -- at least not with the fat fucking retard McCarthy and mouth-breather OC Moore leading the way.

34 minutes ago, C-Man said:

I didn't hear much but I read a little. The rest of his schtick sounds fake AF -- shit like "this is on me, I've got to better" but I don't think he really believes it.

He's a hell of a find in the fourth round. I don't think he's a championship-level QB -- at least not with the fat fucking retard McCarthy and mouth-breather OC Moore leading the way.

He condoned fans throwing beer cans at referees because he thought they were to blame. While I once agreed with you that he was Mr. Cliche leader, I think he’s an absolute fucking moron. You need to listen to what he said. 

If Dallas does nothing else with the staff they need to at least get a legit QB coach to try to straighten out Dak's shit and work around his limitations. I don't see anything terribly outstanding about Doug Nussmeier's resume, in part working with winners like Scott Linehan and Sarkisian. It's a joke that Dak's pro career was guided by Kellen and other underqualified coaches, and that's what they were betting the franchise on his success.

• Hook 'Em 1

16 minutes ago, DougO said:

If Dallas does nothing else with the staff they need to at least get a legit QB coach to try to straighten out Dak's shit and work around his limitations. I don't see anything terribly outstanding about Doug Nussmeier's resume, in part working with winners like Scott Linehan and Sarkisian. It's a joke that Dak's pro career was guided by Kellen and other underqualified coaches, and that's what they were betting the franchise on his success.

QB coach is not going to do anything at all. You need to get rid of the Garrett trash and that includes Kellen Moore. His coaching tree is Garrett and Linehan, which is god awful. Kellen is running Garrett's offense and playbook, which is boring, zero creativity and no adjustments. Like Garrett did in the first of 2007, he showed life and looked to be the next up and comer. And then was figured out and had zero idea how to adjust from there. 

McVay is the biggest proof that coaching matters. Look at what he did with Goff. He led him to a Super Bowl. Goff is not a good QB but McVay designed a system that emphasized his strengths and hid his weaknesses. McVay fooled so many into thinking Goff was one of the best QBs out there. A guy who has zero idea how to make pre snap reads and adjustments. McVay did all that for him. We have none of that here. 

We need a young offensive mind here that can keep up with the league.

• Hook 'Em 1

On 1/17/2022 at 10:51 AM, Richard Kimball said:

Jerry hired Parcells because he had no choice. He was trying to get financing for AT&T Stadium, and after firing Johnson, he'd run with puppets Switzer, Gailey and Campo. They'd been 5-11 for three straight years and nobody was willing to put money into a stadium for a team losing like that. 

So, he hired Parcells and actually let him coach. Guy did pretty good, actually going to the playoffs with Quincy Fucking Carter at QB. Remember, Jones went ape shit over Carter, and swore he was going to be the Cowboys QB of the future. Best quote I heard on that was, "drafting a fourth rounder in the second round doesn't make him a second rounder."

Anyway, Parcells found Romo, and had the Cowboys playing reasonably well, but not outstanding, when Jerry closed the deal on financing for the new stadium. The day after, over Parcells objections, he brought in Owens, declaring that he'd been busy with the new stadium, but was now going to be back to being involved with the day to day running of football operations. Parcells quit at the end of the year, and since then we've had Wade Phillips, Jason Garrett and Mike McCarthy. 

Jerry started cosplaying as a coach before the term "cosplay" existed. He had to fire Phillips, cause the guy was so shell shocked he went into a presser and answered every question with "I don't know, including one about who they were playing the next week." There was no reason for him to fire Garrett, cause Garrett was the perfect coach for Jones. He faded into the background, did what he was told, and ran all the day to day stuff while Jerry strolled out to cosplay as coach every so often. Remember when Jerry ran down to the sidelines and told Garrett to take Romo out of a game cause he was afraid Romo would get hurt before the playoffs? 

So, fire McCarthy, and bring in whoever you want. it doesn't matter. 

This is the head coach of the Dallas Cowboys...forever. and ever. and ever. 

jerry-jones-no-comment-hat-anthemjpg.jpg

This should be the final post and end of any thread discussing the cowboys. 

We can all prance around the maypole and discuss the team ad nauseam on the net but nothing is ever gonna change and you’ve gotta be a complete chump to watch this team with anything other than bemusement.

Mccarthy will be retained because Jerry will need a scapegoat next year when the team goes 8-9 and misses the playoffs or at best, loses in the first round again. Set your watch to it.

This should have been perfectly obvious to everyone the very second that jerry fired, or ran off jimmy,  or whatever actually happened after winning two fucking Super Bowls. I admit it took me until the end of the parcels era to finally figure it out because I’m kinda dumb like that but at least I finally did. 

1 hour ago, JimmyJames said:

This should be the final post and end of any thread discussing the cowboys. 

We can all prance around the maypole and discuss the team ad nauseam on the net but nothing is ever gonna change and you’ve gotta be a complete chump to watch this team with anything other than bemusement.

Mccarthy will be retained because Jerry will need a scapegoat next year when the team goes 8-9 and misses the playoffs or at best, loses in the first round again. Set your watch to it.

This should have been perfectly obvious to everyone the very second that jerry fired, or ran off jimmy,  or whatever actually happened after winning two fucking Super Bowls. I admit it took me until the end of the parcels era to finally figure it out because I’m kinda dumb like that but at least I finally did. 

Prince Bandar happened and Jimmy said “fuck it, I’m out.”  I really don’t think he was fired. I think it was a mutual parting of ways. Jimmy said, you gotta change and stop with the clown show you’re running. Jerry said nope, my team, leave if ya want.  And he did, and Jerry hasn’t been the same since. 

I do agree with your assessment of next year and ultimately when McCarthy gets canned. It won’t be this year because the Jones family are all retards. It will be next year, and I’ll say 9-8 and no playoffs - at best. I’ll make an early prediction of 7-10 or 6-11 in a disaster of a season. 

5 hours ago, futureman said:

I think some of you are starting to realize that dak is a fraudulent moron. just know that in another year or two when this whole things is a complete disaster that I knew the truth about that piece of shit from day one.  

I’ve never been as down as him as you, but never been sold he’s a Top 5 QB. He’s at best barely Top 10 and frankly barely Top Half. I compared him unfavorably to Stafford and got ripped by Drew and Vic. I maintain he’s not better than Cousins. Kings of Empty Stats. 

1 minute ago, futureman said:

one hundred and sixty million dollars worth. 

I was told by Drew and others this was a no brainer deal, and would be “cheap” in the long run. 

First thing I want to see is these morons who keep getting major penalties for stupid shit that ends up costing a game on their way out of the stadium for good.  Those two major penalties in the last four minutes of the last game were easily the difference.  No excuse for that shit.