Dallas Cowboys 2022 Offseason Thread -- Every Time Jerrah Talks, an Angel Sheds Their Wings

Patrick Bateman

2 hours ago, Loch Ness Monster said:

Nothing positive to say other than the regular season was enjoyable for the most part.

True. They were probably better than most of us expected, or at least made it look that way for a while. The ending was classic post-Aikman Cowboys ending, though.

2 hours ago, Loch Ness Monster said:

Nothing positive to say other than the regular season was enjoyable for the most part.

Yes, gotta look at the Cowboys the same way fans of Crystal Palace or Wolverhampton approach the premier league. Enjoy the season,  enjoy the wins, enjoy the entertainment. But know they'll never challenge for a title. 

Sucks,  and shouldn't be this way, but when a horrible owner can buy a team and hold it hostage there's nothing anyone can do

Ok. Why did he quit then? Lost his parking space?

Because he was burned out. He has been documented in several nfl films docs that he was leaving after that fifth year. He never coached anywhere more than five years. He wanted to get back to Florida and fish with Ronda. I love Jimmy Johnson but that was a strange season. He was able to finagle an extra million out of Jerry when he left.
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Immaculate Vibes said:

I still wonder if Dak sees things like this very clearly. 

No Way Mac GIF by It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia

But I place that blame on Moore and McCarthy. They're in control of the offense. They're the ones coaching Dak, and Moore has been his coach for several years now. 

It's why it's asinine not to get rid of both. Failing with this offense with these weapons like that is inexcusable and should get Moore fired.

Having several of the highest profile players blaming the refs for several weeks and the QB congratulating people who threw things at them should get the head coach fired. He's lost the team from a focus and discipline standpoint and that's not something you get back without a regime change. 

• Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, gsoda3 said:

troy's right, but i watched ceedee more than usual on sunday.  he couldn't get open most of the time.  

He's got the skills to get open in 1 on 1 on soft coverage. Every NFL receiver can get open short on soft coverage. 

It's possible he checked out mentally because he started seeing he just wasn't going to get the ball. Which is a failure on his part and goes back to the mental softness he's displayed at times I spoke of earlier. It's a mental softness Cooper has had and I wonder if Cooper is influencing him in that way. 

If Quinn leaves the Cowboy just slide in George Edwards, the current Sr. assistant on D. He coached the Vikings D for five years when they were still really good, and he already knows the tweaks Quinn established when it seemed to be working. He may be a better DC than Quinn anyway.

I'm far more worried about the offense. Flush the entire staff and get Dak a true skilled QB coach guru and coordinator. Make Dak the best Dak he can be and get on the same page as his receivers. Probably could defintitly use a new OL coach as well. It's just crazy to think this team is going to stand pat with the coaching staff responsible for this shitshow.

2 minutes ago, youdunnf'dup said:

I wish he would pull an elway/lynch and run the team. But, well, you know…

That’s been a wet dream of mine for years. But- most of my wet dreams involve Troy in some way. Not sure if that makes me gay. 

Bottom line, you can scheme your ass off, have wide receivers run great routes, have a QB that throws dimes, make solid tackles in space, dial up the right coverages. None of that fucking matters when you commit 14 penalties. If you’re the most penalized team in the league, you ain’t winning a god damn thing. That’s on coach Thumb. And Jason Garrett. And every coach since Jimmy. So- I guess it’s on Jerry. I dunno, but until he puts a true alpha into the HC position, we’ll play thru 10 flags a game and probably make the playoffs. But not actually win shit. 

8 hours ago, Vic Mackey said:

FB_IMG_1642618861379.jpg

I hate to disagree with Troy, but even though his points have merit, think of who he is applying them to…Dak Prescott. If Dak decided to start calling passes to Lamb, about 30% of them would give the DB a shot at a pick. He just doesn’t have the arm talent of an Aikman. That’s why the Cowboys offense is based so much on scheme- the QB’s arm talent requires that. 

On 1/18/2022 at 5:26 PM, DougO said:

If Dallas does nothing else with the staff they need to at least get a legit QB coach to try to straighten out Dak's shit and work around his limitations. I don't see anything terribly outstanding about Doug Nussmeier's resume, in part working with winners like Scott Linehan and Sarkisian. It's a joke that Dak's pro career was guided by Kellen and other underqualified coaches, and that's what they were betting the franchise on his success.

I'd get Kitna back. Kitna year was the turning point with Dak going from an overly cautious game manager to actually pushing the ball downfield and over the middle. 

On 1/19/2022 at 9:57 AM, gsoda3 said:

troy's right, but i watched ceedee more than usual on sunday.  he couldn't get open most of the time.  

Michael Irvin wasn’t open every time either, and virtually always had the opponent’s best DB. Somehow, Troy and Michael connected more often than not.

Dak doesn’t throw his receivers open.  That’s one of my biggest gripes with him.  Nothing on Sunday dissuaded that notion.

Edited by slorch

22 hours ago, Tired Horn said:

Why would he say that at all now?

It doesn't help and makes the coach look like a loser.

Yeah, and you can bet your ass the locker room sensed that.  I don't care who wants to believe it, when Mack would be out there talking about weather the storm heading into Dallas his (usually more talented) team was already down a couple TD's.  That's exactly what its like when this fat motherfucker is your leader.  He always looks like a deer in headlights and even when they won the SB, he had a 'holy shit, I won?' look.  Don't believe me?  Google McCarthy Super Bowl and look at the pics.  Captain clueless.  I swore I wouldn't be sucked back in to this Dallas black hole but some shit still pisses me off.  

1 hour ago, slorch said:

Michael Irvin wasn’t open every time either, and virtually always had the opponent’s best DB. Somehow, Troy and Michael connected more often than not.

Dak doesn’t throw his receivers open.  That’s one of my biggest gripes with him.  Nothing on Sunday dissuaded that notion.

aikman threw the timing patterns better than anyone else.  he and irvin must've put thousands of offseason reps in on those plays alone.

Aikman was perhaps the most accurate passer of all time and he knew how to throw his receivers open. Irvin, Harper, and Novacek were great route runners and Troy could hit them in stride right in their hands for great YAC.

Dak has the gifts but he needs lots of coaching just like Troy had Jerry Rhome and Norv. Tony had Sean Payton and Wade Wilson. Poor Dak had fucking Garrett, Linehan, and Moore, career backups and they coached him as to play as a backup (don’t fuckup and lose the game). His best seasons were with Kitna who had been a solid starter with a talent for coaching. He has regressed with Nussmeier to that timid player who won’t take risks.

Dak needs a new qb coach at least. I’d like to see the whole crew run out of Texas but at least get him a remedial coach.

On 1/19/2022 at 1:20 PM, youdunnf'dup said:

I wish he would pull an elway/lynch and run the team. But, well, you know…

We are a website of people with at least some schoolin between all of us. I’m sure if we put our heads together we can come up with a thoughtful, analytical way to help Troy take over the team. We can discuss it more, but i feel once we have that kill list figured out, we cam move on to phase 2

On 1/19/2022 at 1:17 PM, Hate said:

I wish Troy would coach. 

His hard-ass ways wouldn't work with a lot of pansy motherfuckers playing these days.  Then you'd get the John Blake horseshit card played because someone got their feelings hurted. 

That gig sucks so badly he'd evidently rather be around Joe Buck.

His hard-ass ways wouldn't work with a lot of pansy motherfuckers playing these days.  Then you'd get the John Blake horseshit card played because someone got their feelings hurted. 
That gig sucks so badly he'd evidently rather be around Joe Buck.

Troy has millions of reasons to be a broadcaster working six months a year. Same reason Jimmy, Cowher, and others don’t go back to coaching. Why work those hours to basically get fired?

Troy has millions of reasons to be a broadcaster working six months a year. Same reason Jimmy, Cowher, and others don’t go back to coaching. Why work those hours to basically get fired?
And who the fuck wants to work for this inbred family we have here?

Troy has a cushy job right now. Why trade that for a job that is extreme demanding.