Dallas Cowboys 2022 Offseason Thread -- Every Time Jerrah Talks, an Angel Sheds Their Wings

Patrick Bateman

3 hours ago, Catdaddyhorn said:

And Jerry Jones would never attract a young innovative coach like that, nor is he capable of being incisive enough to pick one out prior to it becoming obvious. 

Ding, ding, ding.  The last young innovative coach Jerrah became infatuated with was The Clapper. 

2 hours ago, Texzilla58 said:

Uhhh Kellen Moore is here because he has been running a league leading offense for several years. Jerry sees him exactly as a Shanahan, a LaFleur, or similar. It’s why he’s getting lots of interviews by other teams.

As for Shanahan he has lost 2 Super Bowls because 28-3 is hard to shake off.

Moore is here because of Linehan and Scott’s advocacy for him as a backup QB and then QB coach after Wade Wilson retired, probably to seek revenge for torture.

Edited by Patrick Bateman

2 hours ago, mdmost said:

So Quinn is staying

Well, I guess this means either Payton's coming and wants to keep him, or Quinn's the new head football coach of these Dallas Cowboys? Can't imagine Quinn pulls out of all those jobs just to keep things status quo in Dallas. Right? I mean...I'm right, right?

Someone said it best on twitter. Kellen Moore is a great play designer, but he hasn't developed the ability to actually setup defenses and take advantage of their responses to his tendencies, in other words he doesn't coordinate his calls very well. Maybe it will come with time, but he clearly hasn't demonstrated this ability with any level of consistency. 

Troy puts in a lot of work, and smartly outsources a lot of the statistics and analytics gathering, but I'm not sure how much prep Romo puts in these days. He's so disjointed now i wouldn't be surprised if he does minimal prep for games. 

Troy provides incredible insights like “they need a score here” and “just wasnt his best throw”. You know he puts work in.

12 minutes ago, Patrick Bateman said:

Think that's Brian DaBoll's job to lose.  I think both coordinator's are back, but we should can Philbin's ass...... he sucks.

Welp, Daboll decided to take the Giants job instead so maybe Moore is a serious candidate there.  I'd still guess he gets passed on.  I'm not as high on Daboll as some others but he has helped Allen really harness his talents and become a more technically sound QB.  Can he do the same with Jones?  I have some doubts.

3 hours ago, Patrick Bateman said:

Welp, Daboll decided to take the Giants job instead so maybe Moore is a serious candidate there.  I'd still guess he gets passed on.  I'm not as high on Daboll as some others but he has helped Allen really harness his talents and become a more technically sound QB.  Can he do the same with Jones?  I have some doubts.

I have my doubts as well, but it has nothing to do Daboll's ability.  Jones is athletic, but he isn't big enough to play like Allen.  And the Giants don't have nearly the talent that Buffalo has. 

1 minute ago, Hate said:

I have my doubts as well, but it has nothing to do Daboll's ability.  Jones is athletic, but he isn't big enough to play like Allen.  And the Giants don't have nearly the talent that Buffalo has. 

I don't really think that it does, but one could speculate it says a lot about what Daboll thinks about Tua vs Jones. 

• Hook 'Em 1

The Giants hired Daboll, one of the Fins top 3 (reportedly) candidates. Looks like it may come down to Moore or Mike McDaniel. 
If I were Moore, I would think long and hard about whether I wanted to go work for a crap organization and be tasked with rounding Tua into form.

1 hour ago, Dr Fear said:
1 hour ago, DougO said:
The Giants hired Daboll, one of the Fins top 3 (reportedly) candidates. Looks like it may come down to Moore or Mike McDaniel. 

If I were Moore, I would think long and hard about whether I wanted to go work for a crap organization and be tasked with rounding Tua into form.

Whatever. You take the NFL HC job. It pays more and you’re basically set for life as another HC or OC worst case. Plus he’s young. $7-10mm per season is pretty hard to turn down 

Whatever. You take the NFL HC job. It pays more and you’re basically set for life as another HC or OC worst case. Plus he’s young. $7-10mm per season is pretty hard to turn down 
I get it, but Flores was only getting $3 million a year, I would guess whoever gets the job would be around 4. Moore is currently paid in the $2 million range with his new deal before the season started.

1 hour ago, Dr Fear said:
1 hour ago, DougO said:

Seriously? Moore took a QB and offense that in game 1 tore up the defending champ's defense on their field and by the end of the season shit their pants in a home playoff game. He should have been fired the Monday after the game. Nobody is hiring his ass. 

• Like 1

Seriously? Moore took a QB and offense that in game 1 tore up the defending champ's defense on their field and by the end of the season shit their pants in a home playoff game. He should have been fired the Monday after the game. Nobody is hiring his ass. 
Well, unless you are Stephen Ross, then your opinion doesn't matter.

24 minutes ago, Hermanator said:

It seems unfathomable that there could be virtually zero coaching changes after that debacle and what it revealed. Jerry is the king of denial. 

I’m still laughing that some of you are tying to pretend 12-5 was mediocre.

Just unfathomly ridiculous.

Doesn’t matter if they went 6-0 against “weak” the NFC East. That’s what they were supposed to do. How many 12 or so wins Patriots teams went undefeated or 5-1 in their division? Going 6-5 vs other teams in the NFL is not some horrible mark. Jesus.

Buffalo went 11-6. 5-1 in their division. They “mediocre” too?

Having said that, I hope like most of you Kellen is hired somewhere else and they get some new blood. But y’all pretending like he’s trash now is laughable as well. He’s saddled with a bad OL coach(who also should be moved) and has no say in personnel or who is actually playing.

Y’all think he wants Zeke out there? Think he doesn’t want to use Pollard more? If he doesn’t then he really is the problem.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

1 hour ago, Drew said:

Doesn’t matter if they went 6-0 against “weak” the NFC East. That’s what they were supposed to do. How many 12 or so wins Patriots teams went undefeated or 5-1 in their division? Going 6-5 vs other teams in the NFL is not some horrible mark. Jesus.

Having said that, I hope like most of you Kellen is hired somewhere else and they get some new blood. But y’all pretending like he’s trash now is laughable as well. He’s saddled with a bad OL coach(who also should be moved) and has no say in personnel or who is actually playing.

Y’all think he wants Zeke out there? Think he doesn’t want to use Pollard more? If he doesn’t then he really is the problem.

Buffalo represented themselves just a tad better than Dallas in their respective playoff games, would you not agree?

You seem to be content to prop Dallas' season on their regular season record, which is bullshit.  They dropped a deuce in front of the whole country at home, while Buffalo gave us one of the best playoff games ever, in one of the toughest environments as a visitor.

Kellen Moore sucks.  He does not make opposing DCs work very much.  It's fucking old.

3 hours ago, Drew said:

shut the fuck up drew

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, slorch said:

Buffalo represented themselves just a tad better than Dallas in their respective playoff games, would you not agree?

You seem to be content to prop Dallas' season on their regular season record, which is bullshit.  They dropped a deuce in front of the whole country at home, while Buffalo gave us one of the best playoff games ever, in one of the toughest environments as a visitor.

Kellen Moore sucks.  He does not make opposing DCs work very much.  It's fucking old.

Not just that one game, either. The losses to Denver, Arizona, the Raiders were a total embarrassment in how they looked completely outcoached and caught having no clue. The loss against KC, OK it was KC, but they were totally out of sync. That game transformed a Chiefs Defense that had been garbage all year. Even a couple of their wins showed similar signs. The first half of the Carolina the D was getting run out of the building until the talent finally kicked in, then they still had to hold off a flurry. Every team that had a clue knew what Dallas was going to do, they all had the blueprint, and Dallas was caught clueless on both sides. 

Edited by DougO

5 hours ago, slorch said:

Absolutely true. That's why I'm not excusing Dallas' playoff performance at all. But all this "They were mediocre" when they won 12 fucking games is a bit stupid.

I did not give them credit for losing in the playoffs.  I didn't say "Hey let's keep everyone", in fact I am on board with most of you about at the very least changing the offensive staff, especially the OL coach and hopefully Moore moves on as well.

26 minutes ago, Hate said:

Who gives a fuck if they go 17-0 but don't win the Super Bowl?  I could not care less how many division titles they have or how many games they win.  The goal is to win the Super Bowl. 

Or how about a conference title at least. They haven’t even gotten to the game in over 25 years.  That’s an astounding period of an ineptitude traced all back to one family and one man….

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Drew said:

Absolutely true. That's why I'm not excusing Dallas' playoff performance at all. But all this "They were mediocre" when they won 12 fucking games is a bit stupid.

I did not give them credit for losing in the playoffs.  I didn't say "Hey let's keep everyone", in fact I am on board with most of you about at the very least changing the offensive staff, especially the OL coach and hopefully Moore moves on as well.

Drew, stfu. You sound like an idiot. We were a mediocre team this year. Half the league could’ve won 12 games with our schedule. We lost in the wild card round. And went 6-6 against the rest of the league. 2-3 against the afc. The team was talented, but it was mediocre. I don’t even know what angle you’re going for right now by saying it was anything other than mediocre. When you beat all the bad teams on your schedule and lose to all the mediocre to good teams on your schedule, that’s the definition of mediocre. We just had the luxury of playing more bad teams than the broncos or the Browns. 

With that being said, I haven’t completely given up on Kellen Moore but wouldn’t mind seeing some new blood in here. He helped elevate Dak’s game and there’s no denying that. 

What a dumbass. Racking wins early only matters for eventual seeding. What matters is how good you play in November December and this team played like dogshit. This team is weak spined, lazy, arrogant. Barely beat bad teams, lost to mediocre teams.

Good teams don’t lead the league in penalties. Or fail to even show up in the playoffs. Poor blocking. Lazy route running. Terrible game planning and adjustments. Predictable play calling. Playing injured starters because of poor bench. Awful quality control as teams watched film and figured them out. A defense that played stupid, overpursued, and easily fooled.

Only an idiot crows about a team that went 12-6 and chokes themselves out of a wild card game with piss poor stupid play. Jerry should have fired the whole lot after that game at halftime.

Matthew Stafford has always been a good qb, but played for a putrid organization. Lo and behold, he starts for a good organization with good coaching, and he’s in the super bowl. Don’t let anyone convince you Dak is the problem, or Romo before him. It’s the stink the Jones family has infected the organization with post Jimmy. As long as Jerry is interfering and hiring puppets for coaches nobody can lead this organization to that success. It’s so infuriating watching these teams succeed and seeing everything they do right which our dumbshit owner refuses to even consider. The fucking Cincinnati Bengals have found something that works, and it’s more than Burrow being a damn good qb. It’s institutional. It took them years to figure it out, but they did. We will keep doing the same stupid shit Jerry wants to stroke his own ego. Fuck Jerry and every person he has spawned.

Edited by 'stache