Microsoft to acquire Activision Blizzard for $68.7 billion

FunkSoulBrother

Just read this, and I was trying to explain to my girlfriend (who isn't a gamer and knows nothing about them) just how HUGE this news was to the gaming landscape. I couldn't really come up with a good analogy. Maybe when Star Wars, Fox, and Marvel were bought out by Disney?

I don't mind Microsoft, and I subscribe to GamePass, so I think this can work out to my favor. Especially since Activision has been so toxic recently.

Edited by MillerEP

I don't mind Microsoft, and I subscribe to GamePass, so I think this can work out to my favor. Especially since Activision has been so toxic recently.

Yeah, Kotick probably eroded billions in value in the transaction with the last 12 months. Makes you wonder if the timing of all the allegations and airing of dirty laundry was deliberate.

35 minutes ago, MillerEP said:

Just read this, and I was trying to explain to my girlfriend (who isn't a gamer and knows nothing about them) just how HUGE this news was to the gaming landscape. I couldn't really come up with a good analogy. Maybe when Star Wars, Fox, and Marvel were bought out by Disney?

Tell her it's like when Activision bought Blizzard. 

37 minutes ago, YChang said:

I loved Sierra games. All the Quest games are some of my all-time favorites. Would love a remastered Quest for Glory series. Hard to imagine and I don't recall how... but at one point I even received a Sierra magazine? 

I bet this sequel has a different name.

Robert E Lee Civil War General cover art.jpg

• 2 weeks later...