2022 Texas Softball - Locked and Loaded

Js1

53 minutes ago, ClubWhatever said:

We had 7 errors in 5 games.  

And 7 HR's and 3 shutouts.   

That is Mike White softball,  pitching and offense over defense.   He seems to rotate players based on their hitting streak.   Can get away with that in the outfield,  but not the infield.   At first I thought his intent was to solidify a lineup,  but he seems to do it all year.     Could be why he has never won it all.

We will see what this year brings.   

5 minutes ago, torre said:

That is Mike White softball,  pitching and offense over defense.   He seems to rotate players based on their hitting streak.   Can get away with that in the outfield,  but not the infield.   At first I thought his intent was to solidify a lineup,  but he seems to do it all year.     Could be why he has never won it all.

Holmes, Scott, Simpson and Cimusz all stayed behind apparently. But yeah he has consistently said he’s going to put the best offensive lineup on the field.  Pitching was good except for game 2:

0 ER, 6 hits, 1 walk

4 ER, 9 hits, 0 walks

0 ER, 2 hits, 1 walk

2 ER, 2 hits, 2 walks 

0 ER, 2 hits, 0 walks 

19 hours ago, torre said:

We had good defense under Connie Clark.  Want to bring her back?

• Rage+1 1

1 hour ago, TrashMaster G said:

We had good defense under Connie Clark.  Want to bring her back?

🙂

No,  want Chelsea Spencer back and to not finish in last place in B12 defensive stats.    We had 8 errors in 3 games last year vs OU at the debacle in Norman.

• Rage+1 1

Nice to have a home game tonight.  I know it's just McNeese, but I'd start Shea to get her confidence up heading into this weekend.  

Good luck guessing a pitching rotation this weekend with #5 FSU, #25 Auburn, #3 UCLA, #24 UCF, RV Notre Dame

if I had to guess? 

Dolcini, Hulon/Czech, Dolcini, Shea, Hulon/Czech/Simpson (if she makes the trip) 

McNeese hosted a tournament last weekend and went 5-0 against UNT, Tulsa, UAB, and Texas Southern (2).   Had 3 shutouts.  Pretty solid club,  made regionals last year at 35-26.

Clearwater games will be televised.  Good to see college softball getting its due.  (sry for large print,  copied from schedule)

Capture.PNGre.PNG

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, perfectchaos007 said:

If we can finish the weekend with a winning record that will be a success. 4-1 or 5-0 would be an overachievement 

3-2 would be fantastic (Auburn, ND and UCF).  4-1 would be amazing (those 3 + one upset) 

2 hours ago, Js1 said:

Nice to have a home game tonight.  I know it's just McNeese, but I'd start Shea to get her confidence up heading into this weekend.  

Good luck guessing a pitching rotation this weekend with #5 FSU, #25 Auburn, #3 UCLA, #24 UCF, RV Notre Dame

if I had to guess? 

Dolcini, Hulon/Czech, Dolcini, Shea, Hulon/Czech/Simpson (if she makes the trip) 

Just now, Pato del Muerto said:

I don’t want to get too deep into statistics here for the layperson to understand, but data suggests that when your defense sucks it behooves you to find pitchers that strike out most of the batters and put fewer balls in play to get booted. 

That was Elish. It’s also Dolcini. Shea is more of a contact pitcher