RIP Louie Anderson

HornOnTheBayou

I wonder if Billy and April will attend the funeral.

Comedian, game show host and three-time Emmy winner Louie Anderson has died at the age of 68.

The Baskets star passed away in Las Vegas Friday morning, where he had entered hospital earlier this week for treatment of diffuse large B cell lymphoma, a form of cancer, his longtime publicist Glenn Schwartz told Deadline.

A constant presence on stage and screen since the mid-1980s, Anderson won the Primetime Emmy Award for Outstanding Supporting Actor in a Comedy Series in 2016 for his role as Christine Baskets, the mother of the Zach Galifianakis portrayed Chip and Dale on the FX series. The actor was actually nominated in the category over three consecutive years starting in 2016 for his Baskets performance. Anderson also won two Daytime Emmys for Outstanding Performer In An Animated Program for Fox’s Life with Louie in 1997 and 1998.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, shadow_operative said:

i saw Louie perform in Vegas in like '99 and he looked horrible. i truly thought he was near suicide at that point, and expected to hear of his death imminently. i actually am very surprised that he made it this long, no disrespect. i do wonder how happy he's been over all of these years though. 

No disrespect at all. John Candy died at 44, and I didn’t think Louie would live that much longer. 

10 minutes ago, Guadaloopy said:

During my early teen years, my Dad, little brother, and I communicated almost exclusively in Louie Anderson quotes.  

RIP Louie.  

Gimme some examples….