Meet me in 20 minutes at the corner of El Dorado and Palm

Eskimohorn

That was such an underrated film.  For not being a full-on comedy, I can go back and watch it multiple times a year and laugh my ass off like it's the freshest thing in funny.  

I still maintain, of everything he did in a masterful career...the funniest encapsulation of Robin Williams is that short little scene in the kitchen when they figure out there's no entree.  It's like a minute long, but he plays ensemble brilliantly, he does deadpan, he does goofy, and he does physical all while not actually really having any funny lines to say.  I think of his ad-lib in Good Morning Vietnam and I think of that kitchen scene in "The Birdcage"...he could take the tiniest little opportunity to be so achingly funny.  

Also, Gene Hackman is criminally underrated for his comedic chops.  "Royal Tenenbaums" and "Birdcage" and "Get Shorty" and a couple of others...he wasn't so much the straight man or the deadpan, he had this other ostensibly clownish aspect to his performance that is so damn subtle, it may as well not be there and because it's Gene Hackman, it isn't.  But you're still laughing with him AND at him at the same time.  

And it's like Tucker Carlson told that slutty Green M&M in the motel..."Your money's on the dresser, chocolate."