NFC Playoff - SF @ Green Bay

Make em eat Taco Bell

Just now, ztejas said:

He goes against the held political opinions of many posters here. 

I mean - fuck the Packers. Rodgers is cool enough though. 

Either that or he's continually held up as the best, most talented QB to ever play, but never wins shit.

• Like 2

so the 1981 and 1988 Superbowl teams won on the road today with last play FGs.  Maybe the Niners-Bengals will meet next month.

GB, aside from QB and 17 WR Adams, doesn't jump off the page on the talent sheet.  SF is very hot and would be hotter if they had a great QB.  AR12 should seek to join SF next year, he's a NorCal boy, get away from the cold and into a quality organization. 

19 Deebo Samuel is the mvp of the playoffs so far. 

1 minute ago, aggie08 said:

Either that or he's continually held up as the best, most talented QB to ever play, but never wins shit.

I don't see those discussions anymore. Certainly not after Brady's last couple rings. I don't care if people like Rodgers or not but let's not pretend why a ton of posters here don't like him. 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, ztejas said:

That is part of it. But perhaps a larger part is he is smug, thin skinned, refers to himself as a "critical thinker" because he is more intelligent than the average football player (low bar), lied about being vaccinated, didn't follow the rules for unvaccinated players, and loses in the playoffs all the fucking time.  

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, ztejas said:

I don't see those discussions anymore. Certainly not after Brady's last couple rings. I don't care if people like Rodgers or not but let's not pretend why a ton of posters here don't like him. 

Most people hated him long before his decision to be "immunized."

Edited by aggie08
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, ztejas said:

So do the Bosa bros, Ehlinger, Ewers… they just aren’t also lying, attention-seeking, hypocritical, overrated, primadona crybabies. But yeah it’s all just because of his political views. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bodhi said:

That is part of it. But perhaps a larger part is he is smug, thin skinned, refers to himself as a "critical thinker" because he is more intelligent than the average football player (low bar), lied about being vaccinated, didn't follow the rules for unvaccinated players, and loses in the playoffs all the fucking time.  

I don't really care. I was just answering a question. I certainly wasn't cheering for the bitch-ass Packers tonight. The multiple posters that have negged me are welcome to fuck off to the CR. 

• Hook 'Em 3

11 minutes ago, Make em eat Taco Bell said:

that was this year only right?  The 2004 college season apparently has a resounding effect around here.  Let it go.

Fuck you. That bitchass still whines about it even after being drafted and winning a Super Bowl. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Bodhi said:

este

• Hook 'Em 1

Honest answer, he's not Brett Favre. When Brett had controversy and a messy personal life he didn't react by getting self righteous and morally superior. He just said "I showed poor judgment in sending female sports correspondents photos of my cock" and moved on. We knew Brett was flawed and a naughty boy and it was seen as human weakness and endearing. He would have been "me too'd" if he was currently playing, but he was always just a redneck from southern Mississippi. Brett would call a presser and apologize.

Rodgers whines that he's being picked on and only admitted a lie due to intense pressure from the league and the media.

9 minutes ago, Bodhi said:

Ls all the TIME!

I dislike Rodgers but dislike the GB franchise and fan base more. I disliked Favre too, for most of his career, but they fucked him over on the way out too. Time in northern Wisconsin is a flat circle (and women are a fat circle). The Jordan Love pick was fucking stupid because nobody thought he was some franchise level heir apparent. They blew a first rounder on a backup QB while Rodgers was still having MVP seasons. Last offseason and most likely this one as well, instead of releasing Rodgers and saying thanks for all the records and good times, they are fucking around with him like they did Favre…not letting him pick his destination. Then they demand multiple first rounders (or a minimum 1st and 3rd) for a 40yo QB with only one year left on his contract, which is stupid but also fucks Rodgers (and his new team) thus hurting his chances to win wherever he goes. 

• Hook 'Em 2

12 minutes ago, Sawbonz said:

He thought he and his shitty cal team should have been in Pasadena instead of VY and the horns and talked all kinds of shit in the media for weeks. Then got outplayed in the holiday bowl by fucking Sonny Cumbie while VY gave the best qb performance in rose bowl history (at least until the next January).

Are you not a Texas fan or just real young?

11 minutes ago, cmontexas said:

This is ridiculous bullshit. The guy has been a cocksucker for almost 2 decades and you wanna make it about politics

Ya'll are right. My critique was unfair. I wasn't taking the full picture into account. I saw a mass hating of Rodgers come in postgame and got lazy with my analysis. He's definitely been an unlikable dude for awhile now. 

I guess I think he's an okay guy and mostly direct my disdain towards the annoying ass-franchise he plays for. 

• Hook 'Em 2

44 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Tell me you became a Longhorn fan after 2004 without telling me you became a Longhorn fan after 2004

• Hook 'Em 3

Just now, Rimbo said:

Tell me you became a Longhorn fan after 2004 without telling me you became a Longhorn fan after 2004

Oh Jesus read the thread first. Sorry I offended so many die hard Longhorn fans that aren't willing to forgive a guy for some innocuous shit from 18 years ago. Y'all are really carrying the program. 

• Fuck You 1

If there's a situation similar to what Tampa was for Brady I could see Rodgers leaving, but not because of anything with the front office or team. I think he'd leave because his game just isn't suited to playing in freezing snow conditions. It's no coincidence the one year they won the SB they were the 6 seed.

Edited by Hermanator

8 minutes ago, Hermanator said:

Let's be real. He kept McCarthy employed about 8 years longer than he should have been. Dallas has shown how terrible of a HC McCarthy has proven to be. 

Sure, but he also got to cling to the "McCarthy is holding him back" excuse for most of his career. Or the defense.

• Hook 'Em 2