“The NFL sucks, haven’t watched in years”

Ignatius

15 minutes ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

It has been a good NFL playoff season, better than college this season. 

Every NFL season of last 8 to 9 years has been better than college. NFL has most parity in competition of American sports. College football has the least, even less than the NBA. It's become boring and predictable. This year's NCG was the exception 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Just now, naija said:

if people were being honest, that's most seasons.

I’d disagree. I followed the NFL for decades and just got bored with it as college just seemed more exciting. It’s a personal preference thing. My interest started to go when free agency got into full swing.

College was kind of boring this season as it’s been the last couple seasons.

when You can’t tell if a catch is a catch  that’s BS, and causes interest to wane.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

Great games this weekend, but I can’t help but think all the reduced practice rules are starting to hurt NFL defenses in particular. Holy shit there was just straight up terrible defense in that Chiefs/Bills game, as well as the end of Bucs/Rams. Every team’s best receiver was just wide the fuck open on the biggest throws of the game. Never seen anything like it.

• Hook 'Em 1

First time in a looooong time I’ve paid attention to the playoffs outside of the Super Bowl for easily the last five years.  It’s been so much fun to watch. I’m sure my increase in enjoyment is proportional to how sucky and horribad the Horns and Texans have been. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Helobious said:

Great games this weekend, but I can’t help but think all the reduced practice rules are starting to hurt NFL defenses in particular. Holy shit there was just straight up terrible defense in that Chiefs/Bills game, as well as the end of Bucs/Rams. Every team’s best receiver was just wide the fuck open on the biggest throws of the game. Never seen anything like it.

You gonna just ignore both games yesterday?

• Haha 1

Just now, Buzzrock said:

Yeah but college is still more fun. Bowl season this year was great.

Green Bay vs Tennesse would be you desired matchup if college worked elsewhere...

LOLz.

13 minutes ago, Buzzrock said:

The older I get, the less the former is true. It definitely wasn’t the case this year. And I didn’t watch one bowl game except watching one the semis on a treadmill, checked the score and saw a blowout in the other, and watched the NC in my office while working. I had zero interest, and never have any interest in the farce that is 80% of the bowl games. And nobody else cares about those games either. 

The older I get, the less the former is true. It definitely wasn’t the case this year. And I didn’t watch one bowl game except watching one the semis on a treadmill, checked the score and saw a blowout in the other, and watched the NC in my office while working. I had zero interest, and never have any interest in the farce that is 80% of the bowl games. And nobody else cares about those games either. 

You missed some great games then.

10 minutes ago, naija said:

the only thing you can claim that college has better is "the experience," whatever that means to you. even the regular NFL season games are better than the college football product.

Been to a Horns game lately?  College game experience is simply not a college game experience. I have little desire to go to Horns games any more. Now, I’ll never go to a Cowboys game even if asked to sit in a suite. College game experience is the taller midget. TV much better for both. The product and the viewing experience is far superior in the pros. 

This is the most competitive day/weekend of pro football ever.

No, the regular season is not better than college regular season. That may be changing though.

Jags, Texans games this year. Worthless.

That Chiefs-Bucs Super Bowl was not exactly great. Pats-Rams quite inspiring.

For me, regular season is generally better because you have more chances for exciting games. That’s both college and pro.

The incompetence we also saw over the last two days made them more exciting. Maybe more restrictions as someone referenced above.

23 minutes ago, Buzzrock said:

Sure, when both teams were actually able to play and their best players figured they were worth playing in and their coaches didn’t ditch them for another team. 

• Rage+1 1

3 minutes ago, Had Enough said:

This is the most competitive day/weekend of pro football ever.

No, the regular season is not better than college regular season. That may be changing though.

Jags, Texans games this year. Worthless.

That Chiefs-Bucs Super Bowl was not exactly great. Pats-Rams quite inspiring.

For me, regular season is generally better because you have more chances for exciting games. That’s both college and pro.

The incompetence we also saw over the last two days made them more exciting. Maybe more restrictions as someone referenced above.

You wanna know how I know you didn’t watch pro playoffs this week?  Everything about pro football is better - particularly the playoffs - particularly this weekend. 

Incompetence?  Referencing Helobius’ post for your support?  Yeah, you’ve had enough alright. 

From a pure football standpoint, NFL is head and shoulders more entertaining. If I want to just casually watch football with no rooting interest, I'll go NFL but I get way more invested in Texas football games just because of the emotional attachment of being a lifelong Austin-area kid and a graduate of UT

2 minutes ago, GTX Horn said:

From a pure football standpoint, NFL is head and shoulders more entertaining. If I want to just casually watch football with no rooting interest, I'll go NFL but I get way more invested in Texas football games just because of the emotional attachment of being a lifelong Austin-area kid and a graduate of UT

Same. But have split my life in Dallas. Not much to cheer about with either team. Texas football is miserable and doesn’t look to be getting appreciably better for a few years. 

You wanna know how I know you didn’t watch pro playoffs this week?  Everything about pro football is better - particularly the playoffs - particularly this weekend. 
Incompetence?  Referencing Helobius’ post for your support?  Yeah, you’ve had enough alright. 

I watched all 4 games cowardly dipshit.

Yes, the Rams handling of the 2nd half. Incompetence. Single covering Mike Evans up 14 and Tampa with no timeouts. Incompetence. Tampa covering Kupp with a single safety with no timeouts left after the kicker missed a sub-50 yarder. Incompetence. Green Bay getting a punt blocked with less than 5 minutes. Incompetence. Tannehill throwing to a secondary option and getting it picked. Incompetence. Andy Reid putting Blake Bell under center on 3rd and 1 with a chance to go up two scores. Incompetence. Now Mahomes and Allen. Incredible.

Again Jets-Giants-Jags-Texans. That’s like 25% of the weekly games being Kansas. That is not better about the NFL.

And to use the single best NFL weekend as if that is an every year occurrence is disingenuous.
  • Hook 'Em 3

1 hour ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

My interest started to go when free agency got into full swing.

Ok, someone needs to explain to me how NFL free agency has affected their enjoyment of the sport. It isn't the NBA where the best players are jumping ship at will and building super teams. All the best NFL players sign guaranteed contracts from their teams as soon as they can before their knees bend backwards. The few great players who don't jump at their offers get franchise tagged anyway. You really don't enjoy the NFL as much because of where Todd Gurley may or may not go?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Helobious said:

1 hour ago, StruggleBus said:

You gonna just ignore both games yesterday?

Yes he will, he predicts teams to not lose for sure always and it’s a given they do.   This argument is really just dumb between on sucking and one not, some years NFL playoffs will be blowouts and some year  college playoff games will be close one day and people will post the opposite.  Both are good to watch but not always.  

20 minutes ago, Had Enough said:

I watched all 4 games cowardly dipshit.

Yes, the Rams handling of the 2nd half. Incompetence. Single covering Mike Evans up 14 and Tampa with no timeouts. Incompetence. Tampa covering Kupp with a single safety with no timeouts left after the kicker missed a sub-50 yarder. Incompetence. Green Bay getting a punt blocked with less than 5 minutes. Incompetence. Tannehill throwing to a secondary option and getting it picked. Incompetence. Andy Reid putting Blake Bell under center on 3rd and 1 with a chance to go up two scores. Incompetence. Now Mahomes and Allen. Incredible.

Again Jets-Giants-Jags-Texans. That’s like 25% of the weekly games being Kansas. That is not better about the NFL.

And to use the single best NFL weekend as if that is an every year occurrence is disingenuous.

Cowardly?  Lol. 

So Brady and Stafford were just the beneficiaries of incompetence but KC’s letting Gabe Fucking Davis run wild and Buffalo letting Tyreek run wild and kicking a touchback with 13 seconds left made their respective QB performances incredible?  Huh. I’m not commenting on defensive and coaching blunders, and if I did I sure as shit wouldn’t reference Helobius to support my point. I’m just saying the NFL has a much more compelling product. And citing the bottom four teams adds nothing to the discussion because that’s every league, and every college conference, every year. 

Yes this weekend was extraordinarily great but the NFL playoffs have been great just about since the NFC lost their stranglehold on the AFC in the late 90s. And even then you had NFC playoff masterpieces. 

Edited by Porterhouse

Cowardly?  Lol. 
So Brady and Stafford were just the beneficiaries of incompetence but KC’s letting Gabe Fucking Davis run wild and Buffalo letting Tyreek run wild and kicking a touchback with 13 seconds left made their respective QB performances incredible?  Huh. I’m not commenting on defensive and coaching blunders, and if I did I sure as shit wouldn’t reference Helobius to support my point. I’m just saying the NFL has a much more compelling product. And citing the bottom four teams adds nothing to the discussion because that’s every league, and every college conference, every year. 
Yes this weekend was extraordinarily great but the NFL playoffs have been great just about since the NFC lost their stranglehold on the AFC in the late 90s. And even then you had NFC playoff masterpieces. 

It’s game by game. And I previously cited you two Super Bowls, recent ones at that. And there’s been other duds too as you’d expect. And I’m one to doesn’t give a damn about the college playoff.

And Helobious May be right. Reduced practice time May be the cause of some of these failures. And the only reason the Bucs-Rams game was worth a shit is because the Rams made college level screw ups.

Pretty sure you said everything about the NFL was better. It’s not. Many of the rivalries are made up. Dome stadiums are generally shittier. And again 25% of your regular season games including teams no one gives a shit about is very relevant. It’s not the end all, be all, but it’s important.

Mahomes last 13 seconds of regulation was incompetence on the Bills part. I just didn’t cite it. Some of the Chiefs defensive efforts too, but that occurred with time left and is a little different than the stupid shit the Bills, Rams and Bucs pulled. But that’s ok. Incompetence and stupid plays often result in crazy, exciting finishes.

Just fyi, I’ve never said the NFL sucks. I’m looking forward to the USFL too.