2022 Big 12 Baseball Thread

Horny Bull

Well Sundays have been like nailing jello to the wall this season for Tech, so there's that piece too.

Very pleased with a  split.  Would think a win today might change some results of predicted seeding/ landing spots in the postseason from 2 weeks ago, that were justifiably shitty.

Edited by slorch

Baylor was up 5-1 in the 8th on K-State and gave up the lead. 

Not that today’s result has anything to do with it, but I have to think there is a good chance they make a coaching change in Waco. Rodriguez hasn’t done much in his 7 years there and is about to miss a regional for the second straight year.

17 hours ago, 'stache said:

Tech has our fucking number. Just one of those things. We better not get them in a super again. That was horseshit in 2019.

Yeah I had a bad feeling going into this series just based on the fact that Tech beats our fucking heads in every time.

Tech baseball is to OSU baseball as OU football is to OSU football.  I'm just going to assume we're going to lose every time and if we win it's just a pleasant surprise.

I hate the 'what if' game but imagine if we don't blow the Thursday game in Manhattan and the Sunday game against OSU. We would be sitting right there with a chance and the last place team in the conference coming to town while owning the tiebreaker over TCU.

• Rage+1 1

1 hour ago, tx ind said:

Basically Tech or OU have to sweep otherwise TCU wins?

If either team ties with TCU, they would all still be Co-Champs.

TCU would get the 1 seed for the Big XII Tourney in that situation.

22 hours ago, oSuJeff97 said:

Yeah I had a bad feeling going into this series just based on the fact that Tech beats our fucking heads in every time.

Tech baseball is to OSU baseball as OU football is to OSU football.  I'm just going to assume we're going to lose every time and if we win it's just a pleasant surprise.

Not really the same. OU will always have a massive talent advantage over us which is most prevalent in a game like football that requires depth, and especially towards the end of the year when bedlam is always played where they can absorb injury losses better than us. Tech has no discernible advantage over us in baseball, they just have our fucking number. It is what it is and surely won't last forever.

• Hook 'Em 1

19 hours ago, 'stache said:

Not really the same. OU will always have a massive talent advantage over us which is most prevalent in a game like football that requires depth, and especially towards the end of the year when bedlam is always played where they can absorb injury losses better than us. Tech has no discernible advantage over us in baseball, they just have our fucking number. It is what it is and surely won't last forever.

I get that.

I just mean in terms of what outcome to expect, not like program status or something.

Tech just fucking kicks our ass every time in baseball and I’m not going to ever expect anything different until I see evidence otherwise.

wondering who is actually good this year. might be one of those years when everyone just beat everyone else - to some degree. and 2 or 3 teams make dep runs in the tourney.

or, the league is warmed over spit and no one advances to the cws. maybe 2 teams make a super.

Out of OSU, TTU, and TCU, do any of those three have the pitching depth for a postseason run? To me that's the real key to make it to Omaha (and succeed there). 

I'd say Texas does, but just barely. I honestly don't know enough about the other three to say. 

38 minutes ago, NorthLoop said:

Out of OSU, TTU, and TCU, do any of those three have the pitching depth for a postseason run? To me that's the real key to make it to Omaha (and succeed there). 

I'd say Texas does, but just barely. I honestly don't know enough about the other three to say. 

Our pitching is shaky too.  Need Tristan and Nixon to straighten out.  Tristan looked good last night.

31 minutes ago, cochamps said:

Our pitching is shaky too.  Need Tristan and Nixon to straighten out.  Tristan looked good last night.

I am optimistic about Tristan the reliever. He might be the key piece we have been missing. 

We just have to hope we don't need a stellar 3rd starter. 

And who knows with TCU. Winning a share of the conference title should give them a leg up but the RPI is not hosting worthy right now (35). Have series wins over Tech and OSU but then also have a dropped series at home to West Virginia and on the road to us.

16 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

I can’t see any way Tech hosts now unless they maybe win the Big 12 tournament and even then I’m not sure. RPI is down to 39, overall SOS is meh, non con SOS was trash was usual, 3 losses to Q4 teams. 

9 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

And who knows with TCU. Winning a share of the conference title should give them a leg up but the RPI is not hosting worthy right now (35). Have series wins over Tech and OSU but then also have a dropped series at home to West Virginia and on the road to us.

I don't think there will be 3 B12 hosts. Okie Lite for sure and probably a 2nd between the others (including Texas). 

I'm not sure if Texas should root for OU or Tech winning tomorrow.

2 minutes ago, ztejas said:

I don't think there will be 3 B12 hosts. Okie Lite for sure and probably a 2nd between the others (including Texas). 

I'm not sure if Texas should root for OU or Tech winning tomorrow.

I think it would definitely be preferable if Tech won. OU winning a share of the title would muddy things up.

Agreed that OSU is for sure one. Only way I could see 3 Big 12 hosts is if they reward TCU for winning an outright title (if Tech wins tomorrow) and also reward a team like us if we go on the run in the tournament and have a top 20 RPI to go along with 43 or 44 wins or whatever it would be.

• Hook 'Em 1