2022 Big 12 Baseball Thread

Horny Bull

The good news: We finished just two games out of first place.

The bad news: That somehow left us in 5th place.

It's alright. Let's win the tournament and get a conference championship that way.

Edited by Valmy77
  • Hook 'Em 2

OSU and Baylor going to the 9th, OSU up 9-5.

Wait...they just called the game without playing the 9th? With the home team down? What the hell happened? Did they also catch on fire up in Waco?

So I guess OSU wins and we get OU in the tournament.

Edited by Valmy77

So it looks like there was a 3 way tie for second place and they go to the record between the 3 teams and OSU gets the short end of the stick on that (Tech went 4-2, OU 3-3, OSU 2-4). So we will get the Cowboys on Wednesday.

Edited by Hookem2147

Yeah I guess the radio was wrong. From the Big 12 website:

2022 Phillips 66 Big 12 Baseball Championship Schedule
Wednesday, May 25
Game 1 – 9 a.m. – No. 4 Oklahoma State vs. No. 5 Texas - ESPNU
Game 2 – 12:30 p.m. – No. 1 TCU vs. No. 8 Baylor - Big 12 Now on ESPN+
Game 3 – 4 p.m. – No. 2 Texas Tech vs. No. 7 Kansas State - Big 12 Now on ESPN+
Game 4 – 7:30 p.m. – No. 3 Oklahoma vs. No. 6 West Virginia - Big 12 Now on ESPN+

26 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

So it looks like there was a 3 way tie for second place and they go to the record between the 3 teams and OSU gets the short end of the stick on that (Tech went 4-2, OU 3-3, OSU 2-4). So we will get the Cowboys on Wednesday.

Well, that’s less than ideal. 

4 minutes ago, TrashMaster G said:

Top 5 are tourney locks.  What about WVa?

I imagine they'll be a 3 seed.  They were 8-1 against KU, KSU and Bayor, and 6-9 against the top 5 teams. They did win the series in Ft. Worth, but their Tuesday games were weak.  On the other, hand what are you gonna do for Tuesday games up there?  

15 minutes ago, TrashMaster G said:

Is there a tv schedule?

2022 Phillips 66 Big 12 Baseball Championship Schedule
Wednesday, May 25
Game 1 – 9 a.m. – No. 4 Oklahoma State vs. No. 5 Texas - ESPNU
Game 2 – 12:30 p.m. – No. 1 TCU vs. No. 8 Baylor - Big 12 Now on ESPN+
Game 3 – 4 p.m. – No. 2 Texas Tech vs. No. 7 Kansas State - Big 12 Now on ESPN+
Game 4 – 7:30 p.m. – No. 3 Oklahoma vs. No. 6 West Virginia - Big 12 Now on ESPN+

Thursday, May 26
Game 5 – Game 1 Loser vs. Game 2 Loser – 9 a.m. – Big 12 Now on ESPN+
Game 6 – Game 3 Loser vs. Game 4 Loser – 12:30 p.m. – Big 12 Now on ESPN+
Game 7 – Game 1 Winner vs. Game 2 Winner – 4 p.m. – ESPNU
Game 8 – Game 3 Winner vs. Game 4 Winner – 7:30 p.m. – ESPNU

Friday, May 27
Game 9 – Game 7 Loser vs. Game 5 Winner – 3:15 p.m. – Big 12 Now on ESPN+
Game 10 – Game 8 Loser vs. Game 6 Winner – 7 p.m. – Big 12 Now on ESPN+

Saturday, May 28
Game 11 – Game 9 Winner vs. Game 7 Winner – 9 a.m. – Big 12 Now on ESPN+
Game 12 – Game 8 Winner vs. Game 10 Winner – 12:30 p.m. – Big 12 Now on ESPN+
Game 13 – Game 11 Loser vs. Game 11 Winner (if necessary) – 4 p.m. – Big 12 Now on ESPN+
Game 14 – Game 12 Loser vs. Game 12 Winner (if necessary) – 4 p.m. or 7:30 p.m. – Big 12 Now on ESPN+

Sunday, May 29
Game 15 – Championship Game – 5 p.m. – ESPNU

https://big12sports.com/news/2022/5/21/tcu-wins-baseball-regular-season-seeds-announced-for-phillips-66-big-12-championship.aspx

• Hook 'Em 1

ok, so what is the rule for draft eligibility?  It's 3 years or 21, right?  But when is 21?  By the time of the draft?

This came up last year with Pete Hansen, who was on the borderline. Its within 45 days of the draft, so within the first week of September or so.

Ahuna is well outside that (just turned 20 at the start of the season)

1 hour ago, Spaceman_Spiff said:

This came up last year with Pete Hansen, who was on the borderline. Its within 45 days of the draft, so within the first week of September or so.

Ahuna is well outside that (just turned 20 at the start of the season)

Whoa, so on the other side of the draft?

Laughable that Tech is still in the top 10

Seriously, RPI and ISR have them in the mid 30s. Even suggesting they’d host right now is questionable. Also, A&M at 5? I rolled my eyes seeing them project as a national seed, but #5?

Way too much credit for the SEC there, especially since they didn’t play Tennessee or Florida

20 minutes ago, Spaceman_Spiff said:

Seriously, RPI and ISR have them in the mid 30s. Even suggesting they’d host right now is questionable. Also, A&M at 5? I rolled my eyes seeing them project as a national seed, but #5?

Way too much credit for the SEC there, especially since they didn’t play Tennessee or Florida

No shot Tech is hosting unless they win the conference tournament and even then I'm not sure. Their RPI and SOS is not hosting worthy at all. D1baseball projected them as a 2-seed yesterday so not sure why they still have them ranked in the top 10.

Unfortunately A&M has some good series wins. Beat LSU on the road, Georgia on the road, Vandy on the road, Arkansas at home.

Edited by Hookem2147

3 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

Can a school bid for a regional at a different park than they play their home games at?  (i.e., a bigger minor league park, etc.)

Yes, definitely.  I know it's happened in South Carolina and California (can't remember which schools were involved). Also, we hosted at Dell Diamond in 2007.

• Hook 'Em 1

54 minutes ago, Spaceman_Spiff said:

And cancelled their game vs. Incarnate Word.