Texas at Texas Tech Tuesday Feb 1st, 2022 ESPN2 8pm CT

LTtxfan

1 minute ago, David Dennison said:

There's a reason why playing Texas is important to Tech, just like there's a reason why it's no big deal for Texas to be playing Tech.

Glad you got your big win at home against mean ol' Texas.

Yep.  it was just like any other game.

tee-hee.

9 minutes ago, hobbes2702 said:

I didn’t edit the post at all. But my point still remains that we have plenty of good wins under our belt despite you not understanding what constitutes a good win.

My bad I thought I saw 7-2.  Our whole conference is basically quad 1 so it stands that we would have some wins in there but we are 3-5 against quad 1 and 7-6 over all against the top half of college basketball. Okay but we have a lot of room to improve and I just haven't seen it on the offensive end yet.  Maybe we will find it but most nights, even in wins, we look lost on offense

2 minutes ago, longhornmatt said:

Iowa State is going to finish like 9th in the conference this year.  I’d cool it on the Otzelberger miracle talk.  

They went 2-22 last year, 0-18 in conference. 12-20/5-13 the year before that. They're 16-6 now, 3-6 in conference. I don't know where they end up in the Big 12 standings, but their 3 wins are over Tech, Oklahoma State, and Texas. I'm willing to wager they win a couple more. 

They also had their best players transfer out, such as they were. It's absolutely a miracle as far as I'm concerned. Not saying you have to agree, but I don't understand how anyone isn't impressed.

• Like 1

Just now, slorch said:

The program's priorities/ Superbowl.

Don't get coy now, you little bitch.

Right, so were the tickets going for more than when y’all played for the national title? What do you think that says about priorities?

little bitch, ouch. I bet you feel like a big tough guy now. No inferiority coming from you at all

19 minutes ago, ATXbronco said:

I wanted to say that Beard developed an amazing team in Texas Tech, but unless I'm wrong, only three players returned from the Beard team?

I'm doing my once-a-week drinking thing.  Tell me I'm messing this up?
image.thumb.png.e1a1fc6efb8425d09928f41af334605d.png

You are correct.  Calling that Tech team Beard's is nonsense.  But only Hobbes knows anything about basketball around here, so you should wait for him to chime in before you're certain.

• Hook 'Em 2

4 minutes ago, ztejas said:

I mean I think Baylor has the horses to potentially win another one. I don't think Kansas or Tech do. That doesn't mean they aren't good teams. Watch Auburn or Kentucky play if you want some context. 

I see your point but I just believe it comes down to match-ups!!!!! Like always, If Baylor runs into a team like Bama/UofH/ Kentucky basically athletic teams I think they lose but I honestly think they’ll beat Auburn cause Baylor’s Bigs are really athletic and the most athletic part of their team . Same with Tech it’s all about match-ups 

3 minutes ago, ztejas said:

What are you talking about? You obviously have as good of if not a better roster than Texas this year. That isn't going to continue to be the case. 

It wasn't supposed to happen this year either.

unpossible.   That's the beauty of it.

2 minutes ago, hobbes2702 said:

Right, so were the tickets going for more than when y’all played for the national title? What do you think that says about priorities?

little bitch, ouch. I bet you feel like a big tough guy now. No inferiority coming from you at all

You’d think Tech lost the way Slorch is being a big ole bitch tonight.  Take the win, fuckface. It’s the highlight of your year. How sad for you

As much as I think going to the SEC is gross, 100000% loving not having to deal with Tech anymore. 

Edited by Js1
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, longhornmatt said:

Of all the posts you could have tried this reply on, you choose the one that is an actual verifiable fact.  Lolz.

Your grievance is getting the best of you.  And the whining about Texas fans not being classy as you talk shit on our board is perfect.  Try getting better at smack talk so maybe you could at least successfully troll us instead of everyone just correcting your nonsensical attempted put downs.  

big-lebowski-wtf.gif

Just now, Js1 said:

You’d think Tech lost the way Slorch is being a big ole bitch tonight.  Take the win, fuckface. It’s the highlight of your year. How sad for you 

LOlz.

Not even close.

Just now, Gut Wagon said:

Cunningham is one of our three most dependable players, and he needs to be a bigger part of the offense. Guys like him can be difference-makers in March. 

That’s tough. He can’t do anything off the dribble and doesn’t really shoot very well. He passes well but I’d rather put Askew on the floor than him

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Brian Fantana said:

Thread got slorch'd

It deserved to be for crisakes.

all these motherfuckers running their mouths.

just fucking take the loss and regroup.

Neggers give me a charge too.   I fucking love the feeling.  Orange tears be tasty.

Edited by slorch

4 minutes ago, ztejas said:

What are you talking about? You obviously have as good of if not a better roster than Texas this year. That isn't going to continue to be the case. 

Adams brought in most of their roster.   One of Beards guys didn't play until the final three minutes.  It's Adams' team.   No reason to pretend otherwise.

3 minutes ago, slorch said:

It wasn't supposed to happen this year either.

unpossible.   That's the beauty of it.

You still have Beard players on your team. You are also a year removed from him leaving the culture he built. 

Meanwhile Beard inherited a despondent fan base, 45 year old, cavernous arena, and one holdover recruit that wasn't worth a shit and transferred out. He scrambled to put a team together just like Adams did. Except he didn't have the benefit of any continuity. 

I'm not sure you're following this discussion very well. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Chuckie Finster said:

Your a tech fan on a Longhorn message board. Go find some new friends or introduce Lubbock to the internet if you’re gonna be offended by this shit.

I'm not offended at all.

Are you?

Play better. Y'all have reminded us ad finitum  y'all took our corch.

Edited by slorch

15 minutes ago, hobbes2702 said:

The tickets cost more than tickets to your national championship game. It clearly was your super bowl. That doesn’t change anything about winning or losing, but it does show what your programs priorities are.

That’s all on the fan base. Pretty obvious the team and school wanted this to be an important win with a little extra, but the fans were out for blood. 

5 minutes ago, Samson's Wig said:

Adams brought in most of their roster.   One of Beards guys didn't play until the final three minutes.  It's Adams' team.   No reason to pretend otherwise.

Adams doesn't bring those guys in if he isn't sitting on top of what Beard built. Keeping the train rolling for a couple years isn't especially difficult - granted I also think he's doing a great job. The debate wasn't Adams vs. Beard it was Texas vs. Tech and the fact that Beard is going to get a higher caliber of player at Texas once he has his recruits in the door. That isn't debatable. If Adams wins more in spite of that fact then good for him but that's not the point. 

• Hook 'Em 1

This game was too big for Allen, Disu, and Mitchell… they better nut up and play better in these big games. Pissed me off when the announcer said our transfers came from losing programs and basically don’t know how to win. Pretty valid point. 

Not giving a pass to Andrew Jones and Febres, wtf… hit an open fucking shot. Febres has regressed this year… used to make damn near every three and now can’t hit shit. He better be staying after shooting shots I because he’s been disappointing to say the least.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 1

10 minutes ago, Gut Wagon said:

Cunningham is one of our three most dependable players, and he needs to be a bigger part of the offense. Guys like him can be difference-makers in March. 

That’s where you fuck up. . Let him play his role, teams start messing up tryna make a role player have a bigger impact. . Let them do what they do best, maybe a few more mins here and there but that’s it 

To be honest I'm just frustrated.  We have had so many years now without a deep tournament run, and watching the offense in marque games this year makes it seem like more of the same. I feel like we have a solid Defense, just wish we had more consistency on offense.  We need to fix our three point shooting. We don't take take them in rhythm.  Even if they are open guys are falling one way or the other, shooting before they have even caught the pass, or fading away/moving forward.  You can tell when guys are taking a comfortable shot and we make a lot of those.  Feel like we just take too many off balance threes, especially after passing up better rhythm threes earlier in possessions.  I hope we can find the answers on O in enough time to set ourselves up for a good tourney run.  

13 minutes ago, hobbes2702 said:

That’s tough. He can’t do anything off the dribble and doesn’t really shoot very well. He passes well but I’d rather put Askew on the floor than him

I get it. He has a lot of limitations. But we're so offensively challenged that I don't think we can afford to keep using him only as a "glue guy" (which he's clearly better suited to be). Just hoping we can find ways to work him loose for planned shots a few more times per game. Regardless, give the man his minutes. He earns them with general floor play and hustle. 

7 minutes ago, Ewreck10 said:

This game was too big for Allen, Disu, and Mitchell… they better nut up and play better in these big games. Pissed me off when the announcer said our transfers came from losing programs and basically don’t know how to win. Pretty valid point. 

Not giving a pass to Andrew Jones and Febres, wtf… hit an open fucking shot. Febres has regressed this year… used to make damn near every three and now can’t hit shit. He better be staying after shooting shots I because he’s been disappointing to say the least.

Febres was always hot or cold.  every 3rd game was hot.  He's just cold now.  

2 minutes ago, Gut Wagon said:

I get it. He has a lot of limitations. But we're so offensively challenged that I don't think we can afford to keep using him only as a "glue guy" (which he's clearly better suited to be). Just hoping we can find ways to work him loose for planned shots a few more times per game. Regardless, give the man his minutes. He earns them with general floor play and hustle. 

putting more on him offensively is not going to help us unfortunately.  I gave Ramey shit last year but he is light years better than Jones which I didn't think was the case.

If Ramey, Carr and Allen don't show up on the offensive end its not going to end well against the top teams.

33 minutes ago, slorch said:

Absolutely agreed.

By the same token, the motherfuckers( not you) saying this is Tech's Super Bowl are just trying to console themselves.

You've posted straight up on the topic.

Well, you did have students camp out for 3-4 days to get in.  Maybe it was Tech’s Cotton Bowl?

25 minutes ago, Gut Wagon said:

He's a glue guy.

He won't be drafted, but I do think he'll make an NBA team at some point in his life.