TCM's 31 Days of Oscar

RPM

12 hours ago, DougO said:

TCM has a new podcast series, The Plot Thickens: Here Comes Pam, about Pam Grier.

That could be fun. Gonna check it out on their youtube channel soon.

Two of the first 3 that they did were outstanding,

Peter Bogdonavich and Lucy.

I did not really care for the other one about Bonfire of the Vanities but only listened to a couple of those episodes.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I finally got around to starting on the TCM Pam Grier podcast thing on their youtube channel last night. Ended up burning through the first three eiposides, some 2-plus hours. Good listening so far. 

It's funny timing since Jennifer Lawrence just got some flack about proclaiming herself the first female action hero in movies. One of the first things from the podcast recorded months ago was that Pam Grier was the first female action hero in Hollywood history.

• 4 months later...
I finally got around to starting on the TCM Pam Grier podcast thing on their youtube channel last night. Ended up burning through the first three eiposides, some 2-plus hours. Good listening so far. 
It's funny timing since Jennifer Lawrence just got some flack about proclaiming herself the first female action hero in movies. One of the first things from the podcast recorded months ago was that Pam Grier was the first female action hero in Hollywood history.

Barbarella?

• 1 month later...
I recorded "Judgement at Nuremberg" last week and finally finished it today. My God what a great film with a fantastic cast. As I get older the Spencer Tracy of "Bad Day at Black Rock" and Nuremberg are quite possibly my favorite acting.

A great movie but it fails to mention the afterward. Politics got back in the way once the big cheeses were convicted and Truman’s antiSemitic State Dept started delaying further trials, eventually thousands were released.