Things not going well for BLM

Johnny Sack

https://news.yahoo.com/black-lives-matter-suspends-online-185305692.html

Black Lives Matter suspended online fundraising on Wednesday after attorneys general in California and Washington state asked the group to submit delinquent financial disclosures for 2020, according to a report.

A Black Lives Matter Global Network Foundation (BLMGNF) spokesperson told the Washington Examiner, which first reported the move, that the group takes “these matters seriously” and has “taken immediate action.”

“We have immediately engaged compliance counsel to address any issues related to state fundraising compliance,” the spokesperson said. “In the interim, we have shut down online fundraising as we work quickly to ensure we are meeting all compliance requirements.”

The group shut down its fundraising one day after the Washington Examiner published a letter from California Attorney General Rob Bonta telling BLMGNF that it was prohibited from soliciting or disbursing funds because of its failure to submit an annual report for the 2020 tax year. In the letter, which was dated January 31, Bonta threatened to hold individual leaders personally liable for late fees.

Washington demanded BLM “immediately cease” all fundraising activities there on January 5.

The group said at the close of 2020 that after raising $90 million, spending $8.4 million in operating expenses and distributing $21.7 million in grants to 33 other organizations, it closed the year with $60 million. The group was not officially registered as a charity with the IRS until late 2020, according to the report. It has previously funneled donations through other liberal charities.

Meanwhile, Indiana Attorney General Todd Rokita has sounded alarms over BLM’s refusal to answer basic questions about its finances and operations.

“It appears that the house of cards may be falling, and this happens eventually with nearly every scam, scheme, or illegal enterprise,” the Republican attorney general told the Washington Examiner. “I see patterns that scams kind of universally take: failure to provide board members, failure to provide even executive directors, failure to make your filings available. It all leads to suspicion.”

Rokita did not confirm or deny that his office is investigating BLM but said the paper’s reporting on the group has “certainly” caused his office to be concerned.

The group’s charity registration is also out of compliance in Connecticut, Maine, Maryland, New Jersey, New Mexico, North Carolina, and Virginia, according to the report.

BLM has not publicly named anyone to oversee its estimated $60 million bankroll since co-founder Patrisse Cullors resigned in May, the Washington Examiner reported. No one Cullors named to replace her ever came to an agreement with the internal leadership council, making it unclear who is in charge.

Cullors resigned from her post as executive director of Black Lives Matter Global Network Foundation, a role she has held for more than five years, amid questions about her finances, according to Fox News. She faced backlash after the revelation that she bought four homes for more than $3 million in recent years.

However, she told the Associated Press at the time that she was leaving her post to focus on other projects, including the release of her second book and a television deal with Warner Bros.

She said that her departure was planned for more than a year and was unrelated to any controversies over her personal finances.

“Those were right-wing attacks that tried to discredit my character, and I don’t operate off of what the right thinks of me,” Cullors said.

The organization has received criticism for its extremist views, including Cullors’s 2015 admission that she and her fellow co-founders are “trained Marxists.”

“I actually do think we have an ideological frame. We are trained Marxists,” Cullors said.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Asithappens said:

Nothing necessarily against BLM, but imo they share the same major weakness that afflicts the Dem party: sheer organizational incompetence. Absolute dumbfucks when it comes to being realistic and practical and achieving the (or any) mission.

I think they achieved their mission.  Grift and ride off into the sunset with a few new houses.

• Hook 'Em 2

15 minutes ago, Johnny Sack said:

They scammed the only group of people on Earth that I detest -- woke white leftists. It's immoral to let a sucker keep his money.  So:

spacer.png 

I detest people like child molesters, murderers, Bernie Madoff. But you be you dude.

• Hook 'Em 5

32 minutes ago, Asithappens said:

Nothing necessarily against BLM, but imo they share the same major weakness that afflicts the Dem party: sheer organizational incompetence. Absolute dumbfucks when it comes to being realistic and practical and achieving the (or any) mission.

Well, probably a lot of it is pure ignorance.  A lot of "grassroots" things are started by unsophisticated and/or uneducated people, who haven't spent decades in business or even charitable endeavors.

So, a failure to follow formalities is somewhat understandable, if not forgivable.  People that should know better fail to file required reports and pay franchise taxes all that time, for an analog.

If there's truth to the self-dealing allegations, that doesn't require sophistication or education.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

Something you clearly abhor universally no matter the perpetrator. We salute your purity.

This story doesn't destroy BLM's impact, importance, or actual intentions. At least it doesn't yet. BLM responded publicly acted in the most responsible way; let the malfeasance chips fall where they may.

While the fact of the money problem seems undeniable, the spin by the venerable Washington Examiner is despicable. 

Wikipedia on Todd Rokita

He's big into voter suppression but there is also mention of his efforts to undo gerrymandering that breaks communities up. This shitbag calling the BLM a house of cards and a scam is stright out of the GOP/Trumpist playbook. BLM and Antifa are responsible for our ills including Jan. 6.

Punish any malfeasance. No GOP ever says that about anyone wearing their jersey. We want these people weeded out rather than celebrated.

Fuck your little jack off at finally landing a punch against the negros who propagate the only remaining racism in America: anti-white racism.

I'll show up for the true believers of BLM any day.

This -- do I have any doubt there will be a grift move around ANY cause?  Nope, not even a little bit.  Which is why, when it comes to such things, I tend to support tangible (usually local) projects that are action-oriented.  They are easier to vet, and it's easier to see if/when they are actually doing things with the contributions.

I do find it fascinating that Sack has just now, today, discovered the concept of "grift" around political issues.  Truly impressive......to have been so purposefully blind for the past several years.  That takes single-minded dedication and self-discipline.

• Hook 'Em 7

1 hour ago, Johnny Sack said:

They scammed the only group of people on Earth that I detest -- woke white leftists.

I find it interesting that you don't detest woke black leftists, or woke Hispanic leftists, or or woke Asian leftists.

It's almost as if you feel you've been betrayed.  Blood and soil?

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

15 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

This -- do I have any doubt there will be a grift move around ANY cause?  Nope, not even a little bit.  Which is why, when it comes to such things, I tend to support tangible (usually local) projects that are action-oriented.  They are easier to vet, and it's easier to see if/when they are actually doing things with the contributions.

I do find it fascinating that Sack has just now, today, discovered the concept of "grift" around political issues.  Truly impressive......to have been so purposefully blind for the past several years.  That takes single-minded dedication and self-discipline.

Yeah, compare and contrast the problems with BLM with all the problems in Trumplandia, comprised of people with business and law degrees and decades of experience.  

8 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

Yeah, compare and contrast the problems with BLM with all the problems in Trumplandia, comprised of people with business and law degrees and decades of experience.  

Good point.  Maybe we can start a couple threads about Trump on this board to make up for this one, since Trump has not been covered yet.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 5

This is just an individual group.

Black Lives Matter is a concept with many facets, and they all don’t arise from or report to this one specific group named in the OPs article. 

So the OP is incorrect again—things aren’t going well for this one, specific BLM org, not BLM the movement.

• Hook 'Em 8

21 minutes ago, Pancho said:

Black Lives Matter is a concept with many facets, and they all don’t arise from or report to this one specific group named in the OPs article. 

So the OP is incorrect again—things aren’t going well for this one, specific BLM org, not BLM the movement.

This is the Black Lives Matter organization.  The 501(c)(3) that has taken in more than 90 million from suckers the last half of 2020 and God knows how much since then.  

2 hours ago, Johnny Sack said:

https://news.yahoo.com/black-lives-matter-suspends-online-185305692.html

Black Lives Matter suspended online fundraising on Wednesday after attorneys general in California and Washington state asked the group to submit delinquent financial disclosures for 2020, according to a report.

A Black Lives Matter Global Network Foundation (BLMGNF) spokesperson told the Washington Examiner, which first reported the move, that the group takes “these matters seriously” and has “taken immediate action.”

“We have immediately engaged compliance counsel to address any issues related to state fundraising compliance,” the spokesperson said. “In the interim, we have shut down online fundraising as we work quickly to ensure we are meeting all compliance requirements.”

The group shut down its fundraising one day after the Washington Examiner published a letter from California Attorney General Rob Bonta telling BLMGNF that it was prohibited from soliciting or disbursing funds because of its failure to submit an annual report for the 2020 tax year. In the letter, which was dated January 31, Bonta threatened to hold individual leaders personally liable for late fees.

Washington demanded BLM “immediately cease” all fundraising activities there on January 5.

The group said at the close of 2020 that after raising $90 million, spending $8.4 million in operating expenses and distributing $21.7 million in grants to 33 other organizations, it closed the year with $60 million. The group was not officially registered as a charity with the IRS until late 2020, according to the report. It has previously funneled donations through other liberal charities.

Meanwhile, Indiana Attorney General Todd Rokita has sounded alarms over BLM’s refusal to answer basic questions about its finances and operations.

“It appears that the house of cards may be falling, and this happens eventually with nearly every scam, scheme, or illegal enterprise,” the Republican attorney general told the Washington Examiner. “I see patterns that scams kind of universally take: failure to provide board members, failure to provide even executive directors, failure to make your filings available. It all leads to suspicion.”

Rokita did not confirm or deny that his office is investigating BLM but said the paper’s reporting on the group has “certainly” caused his office to be concerned.

The group’s charity registration is also out of compliance in Connecticut, Maine, Maryland, New Jersey, New Mexico, North Carolina, and Virginia, according to the report.

BLM has not publicly named anyone to oversee its estimated $60 million bankroll since co-founder Patrisse Cullors resigned in May, the Washington Examiner reported. No one Cullors named to replace her ever came to an agreement with the internal leadership council, making it unclear who is in charge.

Cullors resigned from her post as executive director of Black Lives Matter Global Network Foundation, a role she has held for more than five years, amid questions about her finances, according to Fox News. She faced backlash after the revelation that she bought four homes for more than $3 million in recent years.

However, she told the Associated Press at the time that she was leaving her post to focus on other projects, including the release of her second book and a television deal with Warner Bros.

She said that her departure was planned for more than a year and was unrelated to any controversies over her personal finances.

“Those were right-wing attacks that tried to discredit my character, and I don’t operate off of what the right thinks of me,” Cullors said.

The organization has received criticism for its extremist views, including Cullors’s 2015 admission that she and her fellow co-founders are “trained Marxists.”

“I actually do think we have an ideological frame. We are trained Marxists,” Cullors said.

ACORN says hello. This is The Great Purge.

2 hours ago, Pato del Muerto said:

If particular situation is a grift (vs sloppiness or ignorance) it should be sniffed out. 

same with any trump related scams. 

I don’t care to play teams when people are stealing money from other people. 

It only took 7 posts for the "But Trump!" mantra. Congratulations on your restraint 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 3
  • Fuck You 1

48 minutes ago, Pancho said:

Yeah, but you know they're all the same.

They.

You know.

You get it.

38 minutes ago, 4doorsMoreWhores said:

There are whole groups of child molesters and murderers? Tell us more

Ummm, yeah. We have these things called "prisons," and there's probably one near you. If you go there, you will find more than one person convicted of those crimes.

10 minutes ago, Bookman said:

Ummm, yeah. We have these things called "prisons," and there's probably one near you. If you go there, you will find more than one person convicted of those crimes.

It'll take a while though. You need to sort through the thousands of people there for smoking a joint.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Pancho said:

I was told that the whole trucker convoy was tainted by a guy with a NAZI flag, and another with a Confederate. I'll use that definition for this.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1
  • Fuck You 1

2 minutes ago, workswithseed said:

I was told that the whole trucker convoy was tainted by a guy with a NAZI flag, and another with a Confederate. I'll use that definition for this.

So you draw an equivalency between a group of people chasing down and endangering a campaign bus on I-35, and a loosely affiliated movement spread across the entire United States?

If I didn't know you weren't trolling, I'd say you were just dumber than dirt.  At least I know you have experience with dirt.

11 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

So you draw an equivalency between a group of people chasing down and endangering a campaign bus on I-35, and a loosely affiliated movement spread across the entire United States?

If I didn't know you weren't trolling, I'd say you were just dumber than dirt.  At least I know you have experience with dirt.

Nah brosef.  He's talking about a completely different trucker convoy tainted by a guy with a NAZI flag and another with a Confederate.  Lots of confusion about that what with all the Nazi and Confederate flags proliferating among seeming right leaning groups, but so obviously from the woke left and their infiltration in and amongst the fine normal tourists of the world. 

file-20210113-21-1t6lk0q.jpg?ixlib=rb-1.

• Hook 'Em 5

3 minutes ago, Chad Fuck said:

Nah brosef.  He's talking about a completely different trucker convoy tainted by a guy with a NAZI flag and another with a Confederate.  Lots of confusion about that what with all the Nazi and Confederate flags proliferating among seeming right leaning groups, but so obviously from the woke left and their infiltration in and amongst the fine normal tourists of the world. 

My bad.  I get my racist Nazi trucker convoys mixed up all the time.

• Hook 'Em 1

34 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

This is funny. Especially after such as swing and miss. 

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, TwiceHorn said:

Well, probably a lot of it is pure ignorance.  A lot of "grassroots" things are started by unsophisticated and/or uneducated people, who haven't spent decades in business or even charitable endeavors.

So, a failure to follow formalities is somewhat understandable, if not forgivable.  People that should know better fail to file required reports and pay franchise taxes all that time, for an analog.

If there's truth to the self-dealing allegations, that doesn't require sophistication or education.

Yes, whoever could have guessed this was run by a bunch of idiots who didn’t know you couldn’t just collect 90 mil, buy some investment real estate, and peace out.  This is my completely shocked face. 

• Hook 'Em 1