Things not going well for BLM

Johnny Sack

25 minutes ago, Surlymermaid said:

What do you dislike about her so vehemently ?

Spreading disinformation and sowing the seeds of voter fraud should not be tolerated, correct? The “big lie” breaks down our beliefs and trust in the voting system. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 2

49 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

Spreading disinformation and sowing the seeds of voter fraud should not be tolerated, correct? The “big lie” breaks down our beliefs and trust in the voting system. 

Even now, Abrams stands firm by her beliefs. During a recent appearance on CNN this month, Abrams said Georgia Governor Brian Kemp (R) “won by the rules of the game at the time, but the game was rigged against voters.” of Georgia.”

“On November 16, 2018, I acknowledged at the beginning of my speech that Brian Kemp was governor of Georgia and I even wished him well at the end of the speech,” Abrams said. “And in the middle, I talked about the fact that we have a system that’s run by him, that he’s been manipulating and hurting Georgia voters, and that the accountability of the leaders is challenging. systems that don’t serve the people.”

After the election, Fair Fight Action — the group that Abrams formed shortly after the 2018 cassation election to combat voter suppression — filed a lawsuit citing “among other provisions of Georgia’s exact-match law claims it disproportionately targeted first-time minority voters.In addition, it alleges that election officials were untrained. appropriate for canceling absentee ballots, preventing access to the ballot to know the scores of those voters who chose to vote in person.”

Seth Bringman, one of Abrams’ spokespersons, also reiterated her stance.

“After Election Day 2018, Abrams’ campaign was taken to federal court, many judges agreed with our statement and many Georgian votes were counted,” Mr Bringman said. “She acknowledged the outcome of the election but refused to accept that it was fair to the voters – and she worked to change Georgia’s voting system for the upcoming elections.”

Yes, this is the same as Donald Trump's refusal to acknowledge his loss, his continued demonization of all who do not fall in line with his conspiracy theory, and the hijacking of the entire GOP by the "election is rigged crowd."

You look like a poor man's Sack. Be better. Because you hate poor people.

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 2

20 hours ago, fattyflattie said:

If you don't have a problem with a candidate for office literally running the election for that office and purging voter rolls in the process you're welcome to fuck off to Russia.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Surlymermaid said:

@·Johnny Sack
Mr. Sack-Again I ask what you find so abhorrent about Ms. Abrams?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Her big lie and refusal to concede an election she lost by 54,000 votes.  I've been told the big lie is a really, really bad thing.  I guess it must be different when she does it.

I was also amused about her mask hypocrisy and then lying her ass off about it when she was caught.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

Big lie for me, not for thee.   

Stacey was right:

On a single day in late July 2017, Kemp's office had removed from the rolls 560,000 Georgians who had been flagged because they'd skipped one too many elections. Abrams would later call the purge the "use-it-or-lose-it scheme." An APM Reports investigation last year estimated 107,000 of the people purged under the policy would otherwise have been eligible to vote last year, just like Baiye

• Hook 'Em 1

Never believe that anti-Semites are completely unaware of the absurdity of their replies. They know that their remarks are frivolous, open to challenge. But they are amusing themselves, for it is their adversary who is obliged to use words responsibly, since he believes in words. The anti-Semites have the right to play. They even like to play with discourse for, by giving ridiculous reasons, they discredit the seriousness of their interlocutors. They delight in acting in bad faith, since they seek not to persuade by sound argument but to intimidate and disconcert. If you press them too closely, they will abruptly fall silent, loftily indicating by some phrase that the time for argument is past.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

40 minutes ago, Satchel said:

Stacey was right:

On a single day in late July 2017, Kemp's office had removed from the rolls 560,000 Georgians who had been flagged because they'd skipped one too many elections. Abrams would later call the purge the "use-it-or-lose-it scheme." An APM Reports investigation last year estimated 107,000 of the people purged under the policy would otherwise have been eligible to vote last year, just like Baiye

So Georgia followed its law on purging voter rolls?  And purged 107,000 people who had not voted or responded 

From your link:

In Georgia, a registered voter can be flagged for a purge if he or she doesn't vote or make contact with election officials for three years. Election officials then send a notice in the mail to inform the person that he or she may be purged. If the person doesn't respond, contact election officials or vote in two subsequent elections, then he or she will be removed. It's a seven-year process. So people who voted in the high-turnout 2008 election but skipped 2010 through 2016 were dumped in 2017.

That may explain why the July 2017 purge was the biggest one yet under Kemp. More than 591,000 Georgians had their voter registrations canceled that year, according to the secretary of state's office. State records show that 560,000 voter registrations were canceled for inactivity.

And your position is what?  That enough of those 107,000 people who have not voted since 2008 and who did not bother to respond to notices from election officials about their registration would have all voted for Abrams and changed an election Kemp won by 54,000 votes.  It is complete bullshit.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, Johnny Sack said:

So Georgia followed its law on purging voter rolls?  And purged 107,000 people who had not voted or responded 

From your link:

In Georgia, a registered voter can be flagged for a purge if he or she doesn't vote or make contact with election officials for three years. Election officials then send a notice in the mail to inform the person that he or she may be purged. If the person doesn't respond, contact election officials or vote in two subsequent elections, then he or she will be removed. It's a seven-year process. So people who voted in the high-turnout 2008 election but skipped 2010 through 2016 were dumped in 2017.

That may explain why the July 2017 purge was the biggest one yet under Kemp. More than 591,000 Georgians had their voter registrations canceled that year, according to the secretary of state's office. State records show that 560,000 voter registrations were canceled for inactivity.

And your position is what?  That enough of those 107,000 people who have not voted since 2008 and who did not bother to respond to notices from election officials about their registration would have all voted for Abrams and changed an election Kemp won by 54,000 votes.  It is complete bullshit.

I wonder who was running in 2008 that might have brought these guys out to vote that year? I can't for the life of me recall.

52 minutes ago, Thatguy said:

I wonder who was running in 2008 that might have brought these guys out to vote that year? I can't for the life of me recall.

I get your point, but that guy (pun intended) ran again in 2012.  I don't understand how following the Georgia state laws and updating stale voter rolls is in anyway wrong, racist, discriminatory, or, by God, UnAmerican!

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, DalTxHornFan said:

I get your point, but that guy (pun intended) ran again in 2012.  I don't understand how following the Georgia state laws and updating stale voter rolls is in anyway wrong, racist, discriminatory, or, by God, UnAmerican!

I do.

41 minutes ago, DalTxHornFan said:

Because it didn’t work out the way some wanted. So it’s wrong. Like gerrymandering. Celebrated when it’s to your benefit, end of democracy if not. 

• Hook 'Em 2

2 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

Because it didn’t work out the way some wanted. So it’s wrong. Like gerrymandering. Celebrated when it’s to your benefit, end of democracy if not. 

Republicans lost the presidential race by all objective measures and yet millions of you are still whining about being cheated. One can only imagine how lathered up you’d be if a Democratic Lt. Governor refused to recuse and oversaw an election in which he was a candidate. 

• Hook 'Em 2

3 hours ago, DalTxHornFan said:

Curtis Yarvin, the prophet of the deep right, is fucking UnAmerican. Absolute power is unAmerican, and that is the stated goal. Peter Thiel’s billions are committed to electing acolytes of the fascist monarchy envisioned. You’re an uninformed stooge. 

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2022/04/inside-the-new-right-where-peter-thiel-is-placing-his-biggest-bets/amp

https://graymirror.substack.com/p/policies-of-the-deep-right?s=r

Or,  you know, an UnAmerican monarch-bootlicking pos.

Edited by Willfully Horn
Clarro
  • Hook 'Em 2

5 hours ago, DalTxHornFan said:

First time in the US? You are excited to vote so you go out there and vote. But you live in a red state and you are in a district that is suspected to vote for the other guy. There are less voting booths. You endure hours long lines. When its all said and done your state stays red anyway. You are discouraged by the voter suppression and lack of results so you don't come out the next year. Roughly 100k less dems voted in 2012 even though the repub numbers went up by only 22k. If its an easier process to vote and the results make you feel like you are contributing then you will come out. However, if you waited 4 hours to lose anyway are you really going to come out as strong again? That's how the GOP does it and why the Georgia State rule is a dumb one. You are welcome!

faith-healer-be-healed.gif

• Hook 'Em 3

5 hours ago, fattyflattie said:

Gerrymandering is wrong no matter who is doing it.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

On 5/17/2022 at 2:17 PM, Johnny Sack said:

I don't really keep track of you like you do me.  But is this about Stacey Klump losing the election by 54,000 votes and her repeating the Big Lie the election was stolen?

A USA Today fact check noted that the actions Kemp's office took during the election "can be explained as routine under state and federal law"; political scientist Charles S. Bullock III said there is "not much empirical evidence supporting the assertion that Kemp either suppressed the vote or 'stole' the election from Abrams." https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/factcheck/2020/11/18/fact-check-partly-false-claim-gov-brian-kemp-and-2018-election/6327447002/

Well the first part is clearly a lie.  But I understand your self-preservation kicks in often to mask your frailty.  

The last article that you linked is hysterical.  Sure we suppressed voters, put the margin of victory on "hold", shut down polling stations in predominantly black neighborhoods (51 minute wait time average where minorities are 90%+ and 6 minute wait times where 90% white voters) but because we create the rules, it is a fair legal system.   The telling comment in the article was where Bullock likens voter suppression to parents telling kids to not do something so they are more determined to do it, yes, he likens the people as a bunch on irrational children and acknowledges the suppression tactics.      

Edited by Nivek
  • Hook 'Em 1

"I mean sure we adopted an impossible 'literacy' test* and exempted every voter whose grandparents were legally allowed to vote from that requirement but we didn't specifically pass a law saying 'no blacks can vote' so it's totally legitimate!"

*And before Sack pretends that literacy tests weren't intentionally designed to be failed, here's what they looked like.

• Rage+1 1

13 hours ago, DalTxHornFan said:

2016 - 2012 = 4

4 > 3

Purge amazingly happens after 3 years, ergo it's fucked up.

QED.

• Hook 'Em 1

13 minutes ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

2016 - 2012 = 4

4 > 3

Purge amazingly happens after 3 years, ergo it's fucked up.

QED.

That's not how it works.  It takes not voting in two election cycles and not responding to multiple attempts to confirm registration by mail then plus 3 years.  

• Hook 'Em 2

20 hours ago, Johnny Sack said:

From your link:

Leading up to the gas chambers, Hitler tried to make every despicable thing he did to Jews, legal. Cons have learned the lesson well.

3 hours ago, Johnny Sack said:

She lost by 54,000 and lies that she really won.  You support her big lie.  You are no better than Trump.  You just tolerate it because she's on your team.

She lost a rigged game.  53000 votes were not counted.  1.4 million registrations tossed.  Unequal voting access based on race.  Admission of voter suppression by the right.  The big lie is that it was an election.   

You are the fan of Trump.  You were the one proudly talking about your 401k while he pretended the pandemic didn't exist and cozied up to Russia.   You are the one who now tries to pretends one thing is the same as the other.     Now you are trying to distance yourself from his taint and no one buys it.

She is right.  The election was rigged using the law.   I do appreciate you living up to to the every accusation is a confession saying though.   Come on, just admit it, voter suppression of opposition voters is endorsed policy of the GQP and its members.   Stop the count in 2000 switched to count everything in 2020, and, well, we don't need to count these, or those in Georgia 2018.    

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Nivek said:

She lost a rigged game.  53000 votes were not counted.  1.4 million registrations tossed.  Unequal voting access based on race.  Admission of voter suppression by the right.  The big lie is that it was an election.   

You are the fan of Trump.  You were the one proudly talking about your 401k while he pretended the pandemic didn't exist and cozied up to Russia.   You are the one who now tries to pretends one thing is the same as the other.     Now you are trying to distance yourself from his taint and no one buys it.

She is right.  The election was rigged using the law.   I do appreciate you living up to to the every accusation is a confession saying though.   Come on, just admit it, voter suppression of opposition voters is endorsed policy of the GQP and its members.   Stop the count in 2000 switched to count everything in 2020, and, well, we don't need to count these, or those in Georgia 2018.    

You support your team's big lie.  You are no better than Qanon.

• Fuck You 4

9 minutes ago, Nivek said:

Of course it was rigged. Everybody knows that.

You support your team's big lie.  You are no better than Qanon.

Lmao, wait, hold on.

You’re really comparing the questioning a state level election result in which one candidate was in charge of administering the process to an entire political party throwing a fascist hissy fit because their consistently unpopular President took a predictable L in a national election?

Wow.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, DalTxHornFan said:

Every citizen of voting age should be immediately and permanently "registered" to vote when they reach 18 and their name should never be removed from rolls, unless they die. Period. Anything else is voter suppression.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1