Better Call Saul: Season 6

Lurch

1 hour ago, RPM said:

How about a tl/dr? I'm not spending 17 minutes watching fan fiction.

In the flash forward from season 4, Saul asks Francesca to be at a pay phone at 3pm on 11/20 (his birthday) to take a phone call.  Theorizing this is Kim (since who else would call Jimmy on his b-day) and since it is to this specific pay phone and not one of Jimmy's burners or his personal phone, the person calling is being monitored, so he theorizes Kim is in prison.  The Howard plan somehow blows up and due to her controlling nature and self-reliance ("you don't save me, I save me"), she takes the fall for her own doings.  And since she is is prison she will get out at some point and that leaves the door open for some kind of perhaps chance encounter in Nebraska.

Yeah I can get on board with the Kim goes to prison theory. I could see Jimmy’s instincts going off and he backs off the destroy Howard plan, and Kim goes at it alone. 

Jimmy dropping Lalo’s name in BB wasn’t a a throw away line. He’s obviously a major character in the prequel. Gould/Gilligan emphasizing the phone call on Jimmy’s birthday could mean something significant in BCS. 

2 hours ago, UTCzech III said:

In the flash forward from season 4, Saul asks Francesca to be at a pay phone at 3pm on 11/20 (his birthday) to take a phone call.  Theorizing this is Kim (since who else would call Jimmy on his b-day) and since it is to this specific pay phone and not one of Jimmy's burners or his personal phone, the person calling is being monitored, so he theorizes Kim is in prison.  The Howard plan somehow blows up and due to her controlling nature and self-reliance ("you don't save me, I save me"), she takes the fall for her own doings.  And since she is is prison she will get out at some point and that leaves the door open for some kind of perhaps chance encounter in Nebraska.

It is more likely she is in hiding. Jimmy is still barred in BB. I can’t think of a reason where they couldn’t communicate if she was in prison. Can’t represent Kim because he is a witness? Lawyers, help out.

2 hours ago, Apep said:

It is more likely she is in hiding. Jimmy is still barred in BB. I can’t think of a reason where they couldn’t communicate if she was in prison. Can’t represent Kim because he is a witness? Lawyers, help out.

Help me out, how is Jimmy still barred in BB when he is back practicing in BCS?  Also, he has clients in BB, im not remembering.

3 hours ago, Quagmire said:

Kim sees lalos chorizo and moves to Mexico with him

Alright, here's a scenario for you, Jimmy. Suppose Kim sees Lalo coming out of the shower and decides to come on to him. Lalo's looking good. He's got a luscious V of hair going from his chest pubes down to his ball-fro. And she takes one look at him, and she goes: 'Oh, my God. I've had the old bull, now I want the young calf.' And she grabs Lalo by the chorizo...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, shadow_operative said:

Alright, here's a scenario for you, Jimmy. Suppose Kim sees Lalo coming out of the shower and decides to come on to him. Lalo's looking good. He's got a luscious V of hair going from his chest pubes down to his ball-fro. And she takes one look at him, and she goes: 'Oh, my God. I've had the old bull, now I want the young calf.' And she grabs Lalo by the chorizo...

You're Lalo in this fantasy, right?

That was pretty good.

I think Kim is alive post BB and is connected to whoever is following Gene in Omaha. I think her and Jimmie/Gene have some kind of encounter where they know the other is alive, and that’s the end of it. No embrace, no getting back together. Just knowledge of each other’s continued existence

giphy.gif
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Apep said:

She has an illegal cell phone and can't call Jimmy on his normal line!?

4 hours ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

There is a McGill law firm close to where we have our gamewatch parties. 

I have a whole TL;DR theory that Bolsa is working with Gus behind the backs of Eladio and the Salamancas. I think it's quite likely the way everything has played out given some logic gaps. My guess is that this dynamic will be explored a lot more in the next few episodes. 

6 minutes ago, veritas aequitas said:

Does Gus have a housekeeper? If not, dude is definitely gay.

When he had Walt over for dinner, there were children toys neatly put to the side, one of those toddler cars. But I'm sure that was part of his act.  Dude goes the extra mile to put on appearances. 

Guys, I gotta tell ya, more and more, I’m really starting to have a difficult time ranking BB ahead of this.

The story telling is just off the charts good - as is the always creative camera work and style. Just as it was in BB.

I wonder tho, do we rank BB ahead simply because it did it first? 

... of course, BB didn’t have Kim Wexler. She alone ups the ante for BCS and might be skewing my objectivity. 😎

But hot damn I’m gonna miss this show when it ends.

2 hours ago, veritas aequitas said:

Does Gus have a housekeeper? If not, dude is definitely gay.

I thought it was without question his executed partner was his partner and partner and his death drives his rage.

I'm completely flummoxed by the biking couple and Gus' house-compound.

Edited by Harrison Bergeron

also, let's talk about the shows which are generally accepted as some of the all time greats: The Wire (a lot of people disliked S5), LOST (ditto), The Sopranos (notoriously unpopular finale), Game of Thrones (worst final season ever), and so on and so forth. BB had the best final season/final episode of all of these shows by a mile, and that matters a lot. it's basically the NCAA Tournament of TV. nobody cares if you won 30 regular season games if you get knocked out in the 2nd round. BB went wire to wire and won it all, an incredibly rare feat. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, shadow_operative said:

are you tanking BCS ahead of BB because you're watching it now? go watch Crawl Space, or Ozymandius, or Grilled, or any number of BB episodes and remind yourself of why it's rated so highly. 

I said it was becoming difficult, not that I was all the way there.

But I'll say this, even tho it's technically a prequel, the gap has narrowed so close now to where it pretty much feels like the same show as BB with just a focus on different characters.

edit:

This show is shouting out loud that Walter White isn't the only character to "Break Bad"

Edited by BluTechsan

also, let's talk about the shows which are generally accepted as some of the all time greats: The Wire (a lot of people disliked S5), LOST (ditto), The Sopranos (notoriously unpopular finale), Game of Thrones (worst final season ever), and so on and so forth. BB had the best final season/final episode of all of these shows by a mile, and that matters a lot. it's basically the NCAA Tournament of TV. nobody cares if you won 30 regular season games if you get knocked out in the 2nd round. BB went wire to wire and won it all, an incredibly rare feat. 

Some recency bias here. All of these are great shows though I’m not a fan of Lost. I’d add Justified to this list; it’s my favorite of all of them. Arrested Development. Six Feet Under. Deadwood. Oz. Stranger Things.Frazier. All in the Family. Twilight Zone. NYPD Blue. The Office. Lots of great ones.
  • Hook 'Em 2

7 hours ago, Harrison Bergeron said:

I thought it was without question his executed partner was his partner and partner and his death drives his rage.

It was. I am surprised that anyone is just now considering that Gus might be gay. While it's never explicitly stated it is heavily implied. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, Baboontyme said:

It was. I am surprised that anyone is just now considering that Gus might be gay. While it's never explicitly stated it is heavily implied. 

Didn’t Hector refer to Gus/Pollos Hermanos as the “Butt Brothers” earlier in BCS? I vaguely remember something along those lines.

• Hook 'Em 2

Mad Men
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

16 minutes ago, Baboontyme said:

I mean, he did make a quiche for Dr. Bruckner he flew in to help with Hector's therapy a few seasons back.  What kind of straight man makes a quiche?

3 hours ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

The way the biking couple stayed in their act (was it an act?) throughout their time on screen was great.

I mean ... I still just completely flummoxed. But yes, particularly how they do not react to the machine gun man in the kitchen or moreover when Gus walks in. Are they his actual neighbors who he pays to be a front house? I thought they would be his undercover, neighborhood spies, but they seem to just be normal neighbors, if Nextdoor on Blast!

35 minutes ago, Harrison Bergeron said:

I mean ... I still just completely flummoxed. But yes, particularly how they do not react to the machine gun man in the kitchen or moreover when Gus walks in. Are they his actual neighbors who he pays to be a front house? I thought they would be his undercover, neighborhood spies, but they seem to just be normal neighbors, if Nextdoor on Blast!

I'm thinking they are hired to play the typical suburban couple. They are a front to cover for the surveillance activity. 

At the same time, they are a typical suburban couple, so they spend their time doing puzzles and bike rides. 

Gus is very particular about his people. He wants a couple that will blend in to the neighborhood by being themselves. He doesn't want a couple that has to "act" to fit in. 

• Hook 'Em 3

1 hour ago, Harrison Bergeron said:

I think the whole point of the HOA talk and the red-painted house was intended to show they're just normal residents, and they've agreed to take what I'm sure is serious money from Gus in order to tunnel his way to their home so he can send a look-alike to his house and watch for the Salamancas from the safety of next door.

• Hook 'Em 1