Better Call Saul: Season 6

Lurch

2 hours ago, jdhorn92 said:

Gus has an elaborate way to stay safe at night, but yet works front line counter at the Pollo.  Doesn't really square.

Yeah.  Although he does have some backup that isn't really a short order cook up to Pollo standards, since he only worked 2 years at McDonalds, your point stands.

If Lalo will kill Fred at the Travelwire office with no reservations, he wouldn't let a handful of Pollo counter workers stand in his way.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, jdhorn92 said:

Gus has an elaborate way to stay safe at night, but yet works front line counter at the Pollo.  Doesn't really square.

Kinda like Saul going on the lam and working where 500 people see him daily?

There's another plot weakness bothering me with the cold shoulder court staff.

• The court knows that Guzman was really Lalo
  • and that Jimmy posted millions in bail.
  • The court thinks that Lalo is dead.
  • and that Lalo is an awful man who deserved it.
  • and now they get to pocket the bail money. 

So now they are all mad at Saul for seemingly getting rid of the scumbag at a hefty profit for the state?

53 minutes ago, WBT said:

And a cone?  Really?

Telespar%20withTelespar%20Feet%5B1%5D2.j

This right here. Gives me flashbacks of the cutthroat West Campus street parking lifestyle.

My West Campus parking cone lasted 2 years, then started getting moved. Switched to a barrier like this which got moved until the sandbags came out. Fuck paying $150/mo for garage parking in 2002. Must cost a fortune now. 

I’m sure the payoff will be terrific, but this is classic Gould/Gilligan being too cute for their own good. It’s one of of the last water cooler shows, and it’s given people jack shit to talk about the past two weeks. 

There’s a reason Breaking Bad and Better Call Saul work better in a binge watch. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:

I’m sure the payoff will be terrific, but this is classic Gould/Gilligan being too cute for their own good. It’s one of of the last water cooler shows, and it’s given people jack shit to talk about the past two weeks. 

There’s a reason Breaking Bad and Better Call Saul work better in a binge watch. 

I don't have a problem with it because 1) people that watch this show are not really "water cooler" types, and 2) this is split season, so chances are there will be a mid-season cliffhanger.  Hopefully, it's not anything like this:

ozark-ruth.gif

It’s why I’ll wait and binge in the break.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I love it. Glad Howard confronted Jimmy considering all these setups were so obvious. But it seemed like Kim/Jimmy weren’t too phased by it, so I wonder what they have planned next.

The tension in the Lalo scenes at the end was great.

Gus’ exploration of the (future) lab was a bit odd. What was he looking for? Lalo hiding down there?

7 hours ago, notre dame joe said:

There's another plot weakness bothering me with the cold shoulder court staff.

this type of thing in tv or movies is always way too coordinated and always bugs me. most people wouldn’t give a shit unless it directly affected them or their family. generally people don’t give a shit. 

• Hook 'Em 1

7 hours ago, LonghornSean said:

I love it. Glad Howard confronted Jimmy considering all these setups were so obvious. But it seemed like Kim/Jimmy weren’t too phased by it, so I wonder what they have planned next.

The tension in the Lalo scenes at the end was great.

Gus’ exploration of the (future) lab was a bit odd. What was he looking for? Lalo hiding down there?

Seemed to me he was planning the hit on Lalo by getting him down there some how.  He plans on pulling the extension cords and killing the lights and then he counted the steps to the mini excavator (presumably to find it in the dark) and planted the gun under the track hub.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 3

The Jimmy/Kim vs Howard storyline is more interesting than the drug game storyline right now. And that’s a good thing. Gives the show more depth. It appears Howard is playing right into their hands and Jimmy took an ass kicking to keep up the con. 

I’m mildly surprised that Cliff bought the ruse so easily. He’s not as sharp as I believed he was. I understand his kid had a drug problem and he’s sensitive to that, but to confront Howard when he wasn’t absolutely sure is a mistake. Well played Jimmy/Kim. 

I think Jimmy/Kim are trying to pull Howard down into the mud, and out of his comfort zone. Then invariably, he’ll make a mistake because of lack of experience. 

Thread attorneys, what kind of felony are we talking about to get Howard disbarred? Plenty of persecutors still working in Texas after corruption convictions and persecutional misconduct. It seems like a very high bar.

38 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:

The Jimmy/Kim vs Howard storyline is more interesting than the drug game storyline right now. And that’s a good thing. Gives the show more depth. It appears Howard is playing right into their hands and Jimmy took an ass kicking to keep up the con. 

I’m mildly surprised that Cliff bought the ruse so easily. He’s not as sharp as I believed he was. I understand his kid had a drug problem and he’s sensitive to that, but to confront Howard when he wasn’t absolutely sure is a mistake. Well played Jimmy/Kim. 

I think Jimmy/Kim are trying to pull Howard down into the mud, and out of his comfort zone. Then invariably, he’ll make a mistake because of lack of experience. 

Thread attorneys, what kind of felony are we talking about to get Howard disbarred? Plenty of persecutors still working in Texas after corruption convictions and persecutional misconduct. It seems like a very high bar.

giphy.gif

• Haha 1

45 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:

Not sure if they are trying to get Howard disbarred or just get the Sandpiper case in a position that it has to settle.  Looks like someone is going to be impersonating the Presiding Judge in the case (Jimmy mentioned the judge's facial hair will be helpful due to there being less face to be seen).

Lalo and Gus are both badasses.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Drool 1

1 hour ago, GTX Horn said:

I stand by my prediction that Kim is going to ignore anyone following her since Mike said not to pay any attention to his guys but will end up ignoring Howard’s PI instead and get caught doing something illegal

I'm thinking at some point, Howard's PI following Kim is going to cross paths with Mike's guys following Jimmy/Kim, and Howard's PI will no longer be an issue.  Howard doesn't really understand the depths he's swilling in.

• Hook 'Em 3

23 minutes ago, 83Horn said:

I'm thinking at some point, Howard's PI following Kim is going to cross paths with Mike's guys following Jimmy/Kim, and Howard's PI will no longer be an issue.  Howard doesn't really understand the depths he's swilling in.

I was fully expecting to see Mike's car start up last.

Obviously, Jimmy and Kim knew that Howard would know who was setting him up.  How could all involved not understand something that obvious?

The last scene suggested to me that they expected that Howard would go to work trying to prove it, including, I'm sure, having them followed.  The "considering what's coming" line seemed to indicate that he's walking into their trap.  Interesting

• Hook 'Em 1

Loved Lalo being disciplined to not kill the German widow. Sure he could have easily have done it but it's possible that news could make it back to America since Lalo knew that she spoke to American lawyers. Her murder would create a red flag for Gus.  (Lalo falsely thinking that Gus believes Lalo is dead.)

• Hook 'Em 1

I'm still amazed at the way this show and BB can hold your attention watching something otherwise completely boring.

The cold open using the epoxy to make the plaque was so interesting I eventually laughed at how closely I was paying attention.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

Gus clearly setting a trap in the lab just in case.

Kim and Jimmy setting a trap for Howard.

Thats the show at this point. Honestly it is still awesome, but damn I miss the nacho and mike storylines. Mike’s origin story episode many season ago was mind blowing to me. And Nacho is just such a badass. 

There’s only 1 Walter White.

And, this show is still a part of the Walter White/BB universe. That simply is fact no matter how many new characters we meet. 

But having said that, if I were to pick a character to be the Walter White of BCS, I’d say that it is Kim, not Jimmy.

Which, to me, magnifies the mystery behind her whereabouts during BB even more.

And I’m really intrigued by it all.

• Hook 'Em 1

23 minutes ago, BluTechsan said:

There’s only 1 Walter White.

And, this show is still a part of the Walter White/BB universe. That simply is fact no matter how many new characters we meet. 

But having said that, if I were to pick a character to be the Walter White of BCS, I’d say that it is Kim, not Jimmy.

Which, to me, magnifies the mystery behind her whereabouts during BB even more.

And I’m really intrigued by it all.

eyeroll.

she didn't exist when breaking bad aired.  there was no kim wexler.  seehorn was busy doing guest stars, voiceover work, and acting in whitney cumming's failed sitcom.  the "mystery" will be explained however they decide to explain it, because they're making it up.

saul says the name "lalo" while on his knees in breaking bad and fanboys everywhere collectively forget how television shows work.

• Hook 'Em 3

55 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

eyeroll.

she didn't exist when breaking bad aired.  there was no kim wexler.  seehorn was busy doing guest stars, voiceover work, and acting in whitney cumming's failed sitcom.  the "mystery" will be explained however they decide to explain it, because they're making it up.

saul says the name "lalo" while on his knees in breaking bad and fanboys everywhere collectively forget how television shows work.

Huh?

What does any of that have to do with what I said?

Let me try to say it again. 

Since our introduction to her, we’ve been wondering, “Where’s Kim in BB? Why is she not around? What happens to her?”

We all sorta just assumed that she was collateral damage of Jimmy’s conversion to Saul.  

I’m saying that she’s the real driving force behind that conversion to who he becomes. While it’s true that Saul was Jimmy’s creation. He had pretty much stayed in shallow end of the pool.

Kim pushed him into the deep end.

And in the big picture, it’s a pretty big push.

What is NORM? I tried looking it up and ended up at the following link and wound up feeling even dumber. 
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Norm_residue_isomorphism_theorem

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Naturally_occurring_radioactive_material

Cliff notes. When we bring oil/water/gas to the surface we also bring small amounts of radioactive elements. These levels increase in vessels and tankers such as that that carry produced oil/water/gas. Long term exposure can be bad for the lungs.
  • Hook 'Em 1

4 hours ago, henrygandorf said:

We already know the BCS and BB universes will intersect this season. I’m sure the writers will figure it out. Everyone thinks Lalo is dead at the moment (even the two cousins) and that will carry forward to the BB scene where Jimmy mentions Lalo and Nacho. 

1 hour ago, You don't know me said:

I think Lalo is killed and disposed of in the underground future meth lab and Jimmy never finds that out.  Or, maybe that's too easy. 

Howard's investigator is going to find some shit on Kim in his tailing of Jimmy and she goes away.  Again, maybe too easy.

The presence of the backhoe within the underground chamber makes it pretty trivial to just fire it up and dig a grave.

Well Gus is definitely thinking 9 moves ahead if he's already planning out having Lalo in the future lab somehow, where Gus is going to be positioned to kill the lights, where Lalo will be relative to him, and counting off his paces to the backhoe to retrieve the gun.

4 minutes ago, Augustus said:

Well Gus is definitely thinking 9 moves ahead if he's already planning out having Lalo in the future lab somehow, where Gus is going to be positioned to kill the lights, where Lalo will be relative to him, and counting off his paces to the backhoe to retrieve the gun.

That was about as telegraphed as it gets.

• Like 1

I can't watch this show in any way other than DVR then savor/watch the next night, ffwding through the annoying ads, which mess with my Saul zen.  The blazing speed at which the end of the episode arrives is such a time warp it always leaves me loopy.  Each scene, especially those with Lalo, Gus or Mike is so intense while you are watching, time moves like molasses but the episodes as a whole fly by.  I'm also glad Lalo didn't pfft! pfft! the sad German frau or her badass "Kleine Bar."  Tell me what's better anywhere on TV and I'll watch it.  Bravo creators, directors, actors and sight and sound wizards.

Better Call Saul' Viewers Were Concerned What Lalo Would Do

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 3

12 minutes ago, Bama Llama said:

I can't watch this show in any way other than DVR then savor/watch the next night, ffwding through the annoying ads, which mess with my Saul zen.  The blazing speed at which the end of the episode arrives is such a time warp it always leaves me loopy.  Each scene, especially those with Lalo, Gus or Mike is so intense while you are watching, time moves like molasses but the episodes as a whole fly by.  I'm also glad Lalo didn't pfft! pfft! the sad German frau or her badass "Kleine Bar."  Tell me what's better anywhere on TV and I'll watch it.  Bravo creators, directors, actors and sight and sound wizards.

Better Call Saul' Viewers Were Concerned What Lalo Would Do

Just a sidenote/annoyance:  I do this too and is it me or are the commercial breaks longer than normal?  If my TV is to be believed...in the :15 sec bursts, I'm counting over 4 minutes of commercials each time.

It's BS

On 5/10/2022 at 6:06 AM, ballrific said:

How did Lalo get to Germany and find the underground engineer's widow? I may have missed that but Gus is 1 step ahead...

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

What is he doing there at all?

On 5/10/2022 at 6:35 AM, billfromlaketravis said:

It's pretty hard to get prosecutors disbarred, they basically have to conceal evidence and convict the wrong guy. 

But Howard isn't one of those.  Nowadays he can get in front of an ethics panel for telling insensitive jokes. 

15 hours ago, Tylerocks said:

Just a sidenote/annoyance:  I do this too and is it me or are the commercial breaks longer than normal?  If my TV is to be believed...in the :15 sec bursts, I'm counting over 4 minutes of commercials each time.

It's BS

It's prestige TV.

On 5/2/2022 at 9:04 PM, Radical Larry said:

Soooge and Wendy showed up. Also, one of the dudes following Kim was Dollar Tree NoHo Hank.

That was a little distracting because I was expecting to hear some NoHo Hank talk.

"Are you hungry? Do you want a submarine sandwich? If you’re thirsty, we have juice boxes. Hawaiian punch. Or maybe beer?”

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On the Howard line, it is a lot of suspension of disbelief. It seems like Jimmy and Kim expected to be caught and followed with the ends of having the PI see the fake mediation judge doing something that will trigger a settlement. Howard will fall into the trap because he'll assume they were not planning on being followed.

I do not think Kim leaves because of legal stuff but because of the cartel; however, it is not obvious why she would be at risk but not Jimmy unless Lalo figures out that she knows he is alive and that puts her in danger so she orders a Hoover repair. The trouble here is Lalo must be alive in BB (which seems impossible) or there is another reason she never returns. I think she is still alive and is the phone call Saul gets every year at 3 p.m. on his birthday, which means she was not actually around during BB and we just didn't see her.

I think Lalo ends in the lab. That's the evidence he's looking for - the cartel will forgive lieutenants fighting but likely not Gus going rouge and building a super-lab outside of its realm. Guessing he finds it and there is the Gus-Lalo confrontation. Capt. Obvious but it's a shame Lalo wasn't in BB ... he would have made a great foil with Hector although the bell is a TV classic.

Still don't really know what to think of the Lalo / Nacho comment in BB. I think Jimmy was just throwing out two random cartel names that where top of mind because nothing else really makes sense ... I would seem clear by then he knew both were dead.

• Hook 'Em 1