Better Call Saul: Season 6

Lurch

I like this one. I could see Howard not dying, but getting sick enough that he can’t work anymore. It could be as simple as Howard is allergic to the drug they’re using on him. Kim takes the rap and negotiates  a plea deal exonerating Jimmy. 

Jimmy is heartbroken and becomes a big piece of shit in the Breaking Bad timeline.

As many have pointed out, the phone call Jimmy insists Francesca be present for could be Kim calling for prison. I’m not sure on prison phone rules, but I could see her and Jimmy having an arranged call every week/month. 

I hope they jump ahead and we get to see the call. 

While I think a Jimmy-Kim Nebraska Reunion would be a little soft for the Breaking Bad universe, it would be well received. 

I think they cross paths in Nebraska, but it’s not “happily ever after”

4 minutes ago, jdhorn92 said:

Can someone explain the guy with the broken arm? What was the bit they were planning?

Jimmy knows Howard has a PI following him. The guy with a broken arm is the judge in the nursing home case. Jimmy’s trying to impersonate the judge making it seem like the judge took a bribe from Jimmy so the PI pics show this to Howard. 

• Hook 'Em 2

38 minutes ago, MrBig said:

Jimmy knows Howard has a PI following him. The guy with a broken arm is the judge in the nursing home case. Jimmy’s trying to impersonate the judge making it seem like the judge took a bribe from Jimmy so the PI pics show this to Howard. 

ok got it thanks, I see it now.  ty

5 minutes ago, Player said:

I’m still not quite getting the D-Day strategy.

How do pics of Jimmy appearing to bribe the judge handling the Sandpiper mediation provide him any leverage over Howard?

I’m guessing Jimmy slips the drug from the vet to Howard, making Howard’s pupils big and his HR go up. Howard sees the supposed bribery pics and it sets him off during the mediation. Cliff notices Howard’s erratic behavior plus physical symptoms and decides to settle the case. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, PilotsError said:

Does Jimmy know he has a PI following him?  I don't think he does  I think he had the surveillance pics taken and is going to have them anonymously sent to Howard.  

I think Jimmy knows about the PI. That’s why he allowed himself to be caught in the photos taking out all that money in the ATM. It’s setting up for the fake judge photos.

I've promoted this guy before, he really knows his shit (probably aided by other fans, he does a live stream/get-together the day after each episode airs so I'm sure he gets suggestions from other people watching...).  He does great recaps of each episode and also the teasers for each upcoming episode, including stuff we don't see (promo pics, etc).  He's also usually right in his predictions for the next week's show.  So pretty interesting to get his take on what may happen next week.

• Hook 'Em 1

So what do we think about next week?

D-day either goes ridiculously well for Jimmy (see Chuck's breakdown on the stand) and we see an out of control Howard in the second half of the season.   

Or we see D-day fail miserably, and perhaps Jimmy or Kim are in legal trouble in the second half. Obviously we know Saul is a lawyer in BB so it eliminates some outcomes if this occurs.

I'm leaning towards D-day failing but that doesn't mean that Howard comes away perfect either. Clifford Main is unlikely to believe that Howard was fully set up.

18 hours ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

A Redditor thinks they may have broken the code in the black book the vet has (and Saul ends up with at some point)

https://old.reddit.com/r/betterCallSaul/comments/ub1qda/s601_notebook_code_mostly_solved_potential_major/

If the writers took enough time to compose a legitimately decipherable black book code, they should have used this time to create a more compelling story. I’m a huge BB fan, but BCS is really dragging. It’s using all the BB Easter Eggs to keep our attention while dragging out this Kim/Jimmy/Howard story. I understand it’s the crux of why Jimmy becomes Saul, but the substance of BB is driving BCS storylines and limiting BCS to move forward as a show on its own. 

• Hook 'Em 2

58 minutes ago, MrBig said:

If the writers took enough time to compose a legitimately decipherable black book code, they should have used this time to create a more compelling story. I’m a huge BB fan, but BCS is really dragging. It’s using all the BB Easter Eggs to keep our attention while dragging out this Kim/Jimmy/Howard story. I understand it’s the crux of why Jimmy becomes Saul, but the substance of BB is driving BCS storylines and limiting BCS to move forward as a show on its own. 

yeah, i wish i could see more of saul being saul now.  he's barely in the show, and when he is, it's all howard shenanigans.

On 5/18/2022 at 1:50 PM, Player said:

I’m still not quite getting the D-Day strategy.

How do pics of Jimmy appearing to bribe the judge handling the Sandpiper mediation provide him any leverage over Howard?

No one expected D-Day to start when it dead because of bad weather.  Ike surprised everyone by saying something like "Let's go," probably gentler then how Kim ended the episode. 

34 minutes ago, Juicy said:

I guess if there is no cliffhanger, what is the point of the mid season break? Just put them all out there. I dont think Summer is the best window for TV anyway. May as well finish it 4th of july weekend. 

By splitting it they can be considered for two different Emmy award cycles.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Juicy said:

I guess if there is no cliffhanger, what is the point of the mid season break? Just put them all out there. I dont think Summer is the best window for TV anyway. May as well finish it 4th of july weekend. 

amc stretching out its limited content.

i wasn't saying it in regards to the cliffhanger, as there may not be one, but the stupid d-day nonsense is clearly coming to a conclusion tonight, and the guy on the video speculates the walt/jesse cameo may also happen tonight.

while the episodes may not have been written specifically with a break in mind, once they knew there would be one, it wouldn't be that complicated to arrange the editing around that knowledge.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

but the stupid d-day nonsense is clearly coming to a conclusion tonight

We can only hope. They could have wrapped up that storyline in one ep, two tops.  Granted the BB/BCS bar is high, but its dragged big time since Nacho's farewell.

8 minutes ago, Dutch said:

We can only hope. They could have wrapped up that storyline in one ep, two tops.  Granted the BB/BCS bar is high, but its dragged big time since Nacho's farewell.

to be fair, it's tough to wrap up a saul plotline quickly when saul only has about 6 min of screen time per week.

• Rage+1 1

I still really like the show. It does seem that they somewhat accidentally hijacked the premise of the show. Mike/Nacho has been so compelling that we don't really care much anymore about Jimmy's antics/him turning into Saul. I was much more invested in the Jimmy and Kimmy stuff during the Chuck ordeal. Honestly they are all brilliant actors but it sort of feels like Tony Dalton has been so good as Lalo that he is the one who has really hijacked the show. It will be interesting to see how they try to keep Jimmy/Saul involved in the meat of what the show has become once the D Day crap is over. The show will end with a showdown between Gus and Lalo in the underground lab, Gus kills the power, finds the gun on the excavator, and shoots Lalo. Then Saul pops up from behind some crates and yells out Knibb High Football rules and the credits roll. 

1 hour ago, Baboontyme said:

I still really like the show. It does seem that they somewhat accidentally hijacked the premise of the show. Mike/Nacho has been so compelling that we don't really care much anymore about Jimmy's antics/him turning into Saul. I was much more invested in the Jimmy and Kimmy stuff during the Chuck ordeal. Honestly they are all brilliant actors but it sort of feels like Tony Dalton has been so good as Lalo that he is the one who has really hijacked the show. It will be interesting to see how they try to keep Jimmy/Saul involved in the meat of what the show has become once the D Day crap is over. The show will end with a showdown between Gus and Lalo in the underground lab, Gus kills the power, finds the gun on the excavator, and shoots Lalo. Then Saul pops up from behind some crates and yells out Knibb High Football rules and the credits roll. 

It might be network policy., AMC did the same thing with the walking dead; a character you can't name just died so the show is on pause for 3 months.  The same goes for riding the best actor to prop up a driveway paced plot.  A Tony Dalton, Stephen Oog, or Jeffrey Dean Morgan just knows that nothing is happening and he can chew up the scenery for a few eps. 

4 hours ago, henrygandorf said:

amc stretching out its limited content.

i wasn't saying it in regards to the cliffhanger, as there may not be one, but the stupid d-day nonsense is clearly coming to a conclusion tonight, and the guy on the video speculates the walt/jesse cameo may also happen tonight.

while the episodes may not have been written specifically with a break in mind, once they knew there would be one, it wouldn't be that complicated to arrange the editing around that knowledge.

Well, they aren’t going to air a new episode on Memorial Day or July 4th, so the break takes that into account and also gets them into 2 Emmy’s cycles.   

7 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:
  Hide contents

Yeah, kind of done predicting what happens to Kim. I knew an unintended consequence was coming, but holy shit that was extreme. Kim just being done with Jimmy because he got her involved with the the cartel seems way too simple for Breaking Bad. 

Spoiler

I don't think she's just going to leave to get away from Jimmy.  She's as much responsible for Howard getting a giant hole in his head as Jimmy.  The aftermath will obviously tell the tale, but I would bet their separation is mutual and designed to keep both of them as safe as possible.  One of them has to become a lawyer for the criminals, and it's clearly Jimmy.

4 minutes ago, SizzleChest said:
  Hide contents

I don't think she's just going to leave to get away from Jimmy.  She's as much responsible for Howard getting a giant hole in his head as Jimmy.  The aftermath will obviously tell the tale, but I would bet their separation is mutual and designed to keep both of them as safe as possible.  One of them has to become a lawyer for the criminals, and it's clearly Jimmy.

Spoiler

She probably ends up needing a vacuum repair