Buck's Barbeque Co.

ChampKind

Champ (and anyone else),
I am doing a pre-game lunch party in Fort Worth on saturday with about 30 guests and I don't know how much bbq to get.  We are thinking brisket, pork ribs, and sausage/hot link with cole slaw, potato salad and beans.  Thoughts on amounts?  These are normal people 1/3 girls, 2/3 guys and no one has even gotten a free steak by finishing it in under an hour that I am aware of.

As a general rule you allot 1/2lb meat and two 4oz sides per person

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Champ (and anyone else),
I am doing a pre-game lunch party in Fort Worth on saturday with about 30 guests and I don't know how much bbq to get.  We are thinking brisket, pork ribs, and sausage/hot link with cole slaw, potato salad and beans.  Thoughts on amounts?  These are normal people 1/3 girls, 2/3 guys and no one has even gotten a free steak by finishing it in under an hour that I am aware of.

As a general rule you allot 1/2lb meat and two 4oz sides per person

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4 minutes ago, hornian said:

It’s too pink on the outside, looks undercooked*.

*I’ve gotten this feedback before, please tell me I’m not the only one. 

Nope.  I have that asked as well.  My favorite was doing one in Washington 10+ years ago and had maybe 15 family members over who had never had a charcoal cooked one.  They'd only had gas grilled.  I had to pull up pictures from the interweb and show them for proof.  

• Haha 1

It’s too pink on the outside, looks undercooked*.

*I’ve gotten this feedback before, please tell me I’m not the only one. 

Sister dragged me to a shitty bbq place in Georgetown last year. One bite and I knew it was way undercooked. You could barely pull the brisket apart with your hands. Sister left a review that the brisket was undercooked. Got a response back from the owner that the pink was just the smoke ring.

Champ - Everything is great as always but damn those collard greens are better than any I've ever had and that's saying a lot coming from someone whose grandmother was called MaMou.

I pondered how I could get a gallon to go and pass that through TSA at Hobby on my way out of town.

Those are the real deal my friend and I wish you continued success.  

Champ - Everything is great as always but damn those collard greens are better than any I've ever had and that's saying a lot coming from someone whose grandmother was called MaMou.
I pondered how I could get a gallon to go and pass that through TSA at Hobby on my way out of town.
Those are the real deal my friend and I wish you continued success.  

Thank you for that

On 10/28/2019 at 3:23 PM, elfenix said:

Sister dragged me to a shitty bbq place in Georgetown last year. One bite and I knew it was way undercooked. You could barely pull the brisket apart with your hands. Sister left a review that the brisket was undercooked. Got a response back from the owner that the pink was just the smoke ring.

Ah, the elusive "internal" smoke ring.  Only for the advanced pitmasters.

On 10/30/2019 at 9:02 AM, utee94 said:

Agreed, Champ's greens are just amazing. 

It was 17 in Amarillo this morning.  I just finished a plate of ( 2 out of 10) brisket, okra, and beans. Then I clicked on this thread.

Champ’s gumbo and rice would be straight up comfort food on such a cold day.

On 10/8/2019 at 2:50 AM, ChampKind said:

Buncha folks have inquired about swag. This is what I have in stock right now. $20 for either the shirt or hat, plus $5.95 for shipping. The shirt is a 60/40 poly/cotton blend from NextLevel. The hat is a snapback from Richardson.

70fa4e9b1123c596bc30b2ea3f0deea8.jpg

I'd buy one, but I'm straight-cotton, Homie.  Fuck that polyester shit. 

• 2 weeks later...